Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 08:36 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

A little early to start this "War on Christmas" shtick, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 08:38 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
A little early to start this "War on Christmas" shtick, isn't it?
Well, at this point, the stores have Christmas decorations for sale. Thus, it apparently makes perfect sense to get an early start on the War on Christmas threads, too...

Old 11-07-2012, 08:39 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,307,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Not sure that I'm really what you'd call a "lib", but I can tell you that this is wholly irrelevant next to the issues that decided the election and that will be crucial to the nation over the next decade.
Bingo!

Old 11-07-2012, 08:45 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
Are you going to continue to push a PC agenda on our nation?? You know, not being able to say "Merry Christmas" for example??
Never had a problem with Christmas or any other religious festival for that matter. I even go to Choral Evensong as I love "Sacred" music. And am a great fan of religious architecture too. I don't know any atheist who wants to ban it. Some stupid minded overzealous official in some places seem to think it is offensive to some groups when to my experience it is nothing of the kind. In my experience it is more about stupid bureaucracy and pc crap than anything to do with being a liberal or atheist....

Some local councils in Britain decided to "ban" Christmas in their public displays so as not to offend Muslims. The Local Muslim communities came out in protest saying they had no problem with Christmas whatsoever... Don't believe everything you think.

Most Atheists could not care less about who worships or celebrates what. Most of us are actually pretty laid back and some of us even house trained !

Hard to believe I know but we have better things to do than stop Christians from celebrating their festivals. As long as other religions or Atheists are afforded the same respect there is no issue.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:49 AM

35 posts, read 99,089 times
Quote:
Are you going to continue to push a PC agenda on our nation?? You know, not being able to say "Merry Christmas" for example??
Question for people like you. Are you going to coninue to push you agenda and fairy tales on our nation? I would rather be PC than be bombarded by fundies pushin their religion down our throats.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:58 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,806,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Well, at this point, the stores have Christmas decorations for sale. Thus, it apparently makes perfect sense to get an early start on the War on Christmas threads, too...
No, No, No! No war on Christmas until the day after Thanksgiving. And no Christmas music either.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:05 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
No, No, No! No war on Christmas until the day after Thanksgiving. And no Christmas music either.
I second that motion!

Old 11-07-2012, 02:51 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
As a Jew, I'm much more concerned about the War on Hannukah.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:54 PM

1,329 posts, read 832,190 times
Quote:
**** you

Old 11-07-2012, 03:06 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I'm not a liberal but I cannot help but me amused by such a silly question.

[what is this fear that drives some people?]
The same unfounded fear that drove millions of non thinking women to vote for Obama over abortions and birth control

You know the power of propaganda
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies