Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 08:22 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,188 times

Advertisements

clinton was pretty good too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 08:26 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpyne View Post
IE kicked out of Iraq

Yes, he gave the order (props on that) .

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/package...GREED_TEXT.pdf

Not true.

The agreement to end the war was signed on November 17th 2008.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:27 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Obama one of the most successful presidents in US history .

Please be careful what you post. This almost made me choke to death while drinking my coffee. I was laughing so hard. Just what the hell has he been successful at? Running the country in the ground?

Old 11-07-2012, 08:29 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I voted for Obama, he so far is hardly the most successful president in U.S. history by any measure.

He has a long ways to go before being mentioned in the same breath as:

Jefferson, Jackson, Lincoln, the Roosevelts or Johnson.
Hell to the NO.

Obama should NEVER be held to the same standard as Thomas Jefferson. You have got to be kidding me.

Unlike Obama, Jefferson actually believed in the right to due process... While we had this clown sign the NDAA with reservations. He believed in small government.

Andrew Jackson? LOL.

Seems like you have some reading to do. Obama overall stands for the exact opposite of what those 2 stood for.

What a joke.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:04 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Unlike Jefferson,Obama never owned human beings either.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:10 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Obvious evidence that someone has flown over the cuckoo's nest. Wars don't end on their own, you either win, or run out of money. History shows this. Bush could have killed UBL years ago...but Republican's and W didn't. The PRESIDENT did. It was the culmination of the declaration of war and primary goal from 9/12/01 on. That feeble attempt is akin to saying...ehh...don't worry about immigration violators, they're really irrelevant.

Passing of the health care act, affords EVERYONE access to healthcare. But I agree, like you I think there should be a single payer.

The markets and companies have done better and better every QTR since '10.

Funny you speak about retards. Is self loathing is part of your normal character?

We've got plenty of guns...to keep in check morons and extremists who attempt to corrupt and destroy the Republic.
It is not self loathing that is contained in my character...Just a disappointment in myself for not being a realist all those years and ending up in poverty in my old age.. I trusted and expected the best out of people..I thought that most were intelligent and capable of love, civility and kindness...I over estimated the common stupidity of people in general...Yes I am disappointed..

As for the President cherry picking the political moment to kill some old man who was nothing but a dated figure head...The insiders of the Democratic and Republican party ALWAYS knew were Obama was..but because American oil merchants who have influence in government are too closely tied to the Saudi Arabian oil mafia...Bin Laden was a son of Saudi mafia members....Mafia have a rule- You do not kill the other guys kids...but I guess that Obama figured out that it was worth it politically.

If the Republicans AND the Democrats were legit..They would have gone after the Saudi Arabians for facilitating 9 11 - for putting up the money for the operation..They defected the blame and went wandering off into Afghanistan and Iraq..that had nothing to do with 9 11 - They should have struck Saudi ARABIA...but they did not because the trading and the profit in oil was more important than the slaughter of over 3000 Americans in New York...THAT fact and sin is something the Democrats and Republican will have to life for - that profit is more important to them than human life or the security of America.

Anyway..that is the truth...I just hope that those in control of big oil are harnessed and controlled..we in Canada have oil for you _ take it - You do not need to make deals with the devil...you do not need off shore oil..We are your friends- THOSE in the middle east are NOT your friends.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:22 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Obama one of the most successful presidents in US history .

Please be careful what you post. This almost made me choke to death while drinking my coffee. I was laughing so hard. Just what the hell has he been successful at? Running the country in the ground?
The country and most of the world was run into the ground when Obama won his first election.

"Obama one of the most successful presidents in US history"

Not yet. If the two parties do not meet on common ground the Dems will not win the election in 4 years. Especially if it appears Obama, this time around, is the one holding things up. I gave him the edge over spoiled republicans who lost power 4 years ago and threw a temper tantrum, picked a weak candidate who then chose the wrong running mate. The party who then came up with the strategy of not meeting in the middle and to stifle compromise, and then picked a loser as their nominee who then picked the wrong running mate again. Another words if any of the two parties think that things can stay the same as they have the last 4 years will suffer in the next election cycle in quick order.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:25 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
If OBAMA wants real and full success instead of being the most popular guy in school...He should draft Romney and his team as financial adviser to the nation..Obama has got a lot of charm and has a great singing voice (orator)...but he is terrible with money- He is going to need help. Turning America into Europe is a sweet idea...but there will be a price to pay- more poverty.... Idealism is great but it will not put food on the table..Yes he is successful and made many blacks proud..but that is not enough.

Obama is going to meet with Romney and they will work together- they have no choice- don't write Romney off as useless...He is a very valuable human resource...and Obama know America will not survive with out him....toss away the hate and take the money folks...Good luck..and congratulations for such as show of concern...great turn out and great concern by the American people...You will make it!

Old 11-07-2012, 09:56 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Ended the war, killed Osama, passed health care bill, and now got re-elected. Obama just can't seem to lose.
Which war did he end? Just checking your knowledge.
Is that about the time he closed Guantanamo?

P.S. My buddies at LARGE healthcare insurance companies would love to thank President Obama for letting them write the legislation requiring for-profit purchase from their companies. They'd also like to thank him for letting them put in 80% payout requirements which forces out small regional insurers.

Hey, I *slightly* favor Obama over Romney, but it's just sad how ill-informed some of you are about things.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:56 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I hope we can survive four more years of such success.
I am interested in how m any pink slips are going to be handed out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies