Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 10:31 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
From what I've read, if you don't buy insurance, there's no action against you if you don't pay the penalty so what have you really lost? That sort of useless BS from Congress certainly didn't start with Obama, it's been going on for years with their asinine non-binding resolutions and other actions that accomplish nothing.

So I'd have to give you an F, still haven't lost any freedom.
Wow! You really don't get it, do you!

Pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 11:11 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
You gotta love these threads.

OP to Obama: "YOU NEED TO BE BIPARTISAN! WORK ACROSS THE AISLE DAMMIT!"

OP to Republicans: "Just don't go to work, and block everything Obama tries to do."

So funny.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:13 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Wow! You really don't get it, do you!

Pathetic.
Why so especially angry today, sweetie?

Old 11-07-2012, 11:34 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonProfessional View Post
Republicans have the House. I hope they don't even show up so not even a quorum can be reached.

Obama is stifling the economy with his endless new regulations. To congress: Roll back the regulations to the extent you can and oppose everything. Don't give an inch.
What endless new regulations?
Got a list?

Old 11-07-2012, 12:16 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,873,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What's wrong with Western Europe?
I happen to enjoy it here.

The greatest nation in history?
Please.
Greece, Rome, Mesopotamia, Egypt.
They contributed. What, exactly, has the US contributed. War?

We're behind the world in almost everything.
You're not behind in anything, since you are a citizen on paper only. Your hatred of the US blinds you from intelligent discourse. Please, stay where you are and invite as many of your friends as possible to join you.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:58 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
ah just like last term....

so then....nothing changes?

nothing got done when the dems had all 3, except for screwing the american people over.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:11 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Default They are all buddies!

I understand how bitter and angry some people are. The calls for retaliation and obstructionism are a form of childish ranting and raving.

Please understand this: the politicians in Washington - whether congressmen/women, senators, cabinet members, supreme court justices, even the president ... they may appear steadfast to their partisan ideologies in the public ...

... but ...

behind closed doors, away from the media, they are all buddies!

As someone noted before, the government is like a corporation - more precisely like a country club for the privileged - and there are rivalries and posturing, but none of the country club members want to leave the club or burn it down.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:29 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
But, you are free to have your healthcare paid for by somebody else if you can't afford it anyway, right?

I suppose it was just better to not pay anything and hope nothing happens to you?

You are not free to leave your responsibility on the backs of someone else when you are perfectly capable of doing it for yourself. Car insurance and house/property insurance are both coverages that are mandated. Moreover, you also have to pay for food. I suppose you could try not to do that as well, but I don't know of too many gun-totin', freedum luvin' 'merkins that could deal well with subsistence farming. Healthcare costs money and everyone uses it. Therefore, everyone must pay.

You have just as much choice now as you have ever had. Only now, they can't drop you because you have cancer.
Everything just flies over your head doesn't it? This is nothing more or less then politicians and bureaucrats telling you and me how we must live our lives, and punishing us if we refuse to obey them.

We just lost the freedom to buy the type of health care insurance that suits us. There are other ways to take care of my health needs besides buying federally mandated health care insurance from some corporation.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:42 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Sickening. The only thing that this will do is make it easier to win the house in 14. Congress already has one of the lowest rankings in U.S. history.

You do realize that the low ratings for Congress include the Senate as well as the House, don't you?

Do you think Harry will allow discourse or votes on anything the House sends over? We shall see.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:47 PM

1,329 posts, read 832,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonProfessional View Post
Republicans have the House. I hope they don't even show up so not even a quorum can be reached.

Obama is stifling the economy with his endless new regulations. To congress: Roll back the regulations to the extent you can and oppose everything. Don't give an inch.
Voters will punish obstructionist political parties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies