Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 02:45 AM

4,739 posts, read 10,407,977 times

Advertisements

My Congressman was re-elected on a promise to undo or block Obama and Democratic Party policy. I expect him to fulfill his promise - his job is not to roll over, it is to resist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 02:48 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,224,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonProfessional View Post
Republicans have the House. I hope they don't even show up so not even a quorum can be reached.

Obama is stifling the economy with his endless new regulations. To congress: Roll back the regulations to the extent you can and oppose everything. Don't give an inch.
Sure glad you're not one our representatives with an attitude like that.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:08 AM

11,048 posts, read 16,812,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
My Congressman was re-elected on a promise to undo or block Obama and Democratic Party policy. I expect him to fulfill his promise - his job is not to roll over, it is to resist.
Well, your screen name suits you.

Have fun becoming increasingly more and more irrelevant as time goes on.

Any ideas for who Obama should appoint to the SCOTUS in the next few years...?

Old 11-07-2012, 03:13 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,892,050 times
Quote:
Republicans have the House. I hope they don't even show up so not even a quorum can be reached.

Obama is stifling the economy with his endless new regulations. To congress: Roll back the regulations to the extent you can and oppose everything. Don't give an inch.
Because trying to make the economy fail and obstructing even things Republicans campaigned on and said they support has turned out so well for you, huh? The policy of obstruct everything has resulted in Republicans losing a sure thing election.

Here's what WILL happen next. During the lame duck a bunch of bi-partisan stuff which the President has proposed for years now will actually get passed. The people's business will finally get done and raving loons like yourself will have no power to prevent it. In the new session the Republicans will hopefully select new leaders who weren't part of the "make the economy fail" leadership and individual members will start searching for practical ways to solve this country's problems.

Either that or brain dead partisans like yourself will get your way and then we'll have more obstructionism which will almost assuredly lead to Democrats winning once again in 2016 just like your obstructionism lead to Dems winning in 2012 when Republicans should have been sweeping the field. The choice is yours but America is tired of your bull****.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:14 AM

2,441 posts, read 3,423,860 times
Sounds like another hate move from a sore loser. Sorry but the republicrap hose ain't God either son.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:18 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,769,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
He can go play in the sandbox with Harry Reid.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:43 AM

6,898 posts, read 4,741,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Or fixed.

Even Romney understands this (or is he BSing himself and his supporters?)

Skip to about 3:20 if you can't bear to watch all of it.

Mitt Romney Concession Speech: 2012 Presidential Election GOP Candidate Delivers Remarks from Boston - YouTube

[enough of the partisanship and do your jobs!]
As far as I'm concerned, the less they do, the better off we are. Four more years of Obama and company throwing money at problems, thinking it will make it go away. They need to quit spending so much and reel in the debt.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:53 AM

11,048 posts, read 16,812,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
As far as I'm concerned, the less they do, the better off we are. Four more years of Obama and company throwing money at problems, thinking it will make it go away. They need to quit spending so much and reel in the debt.
They'd like to... but... well... yeah.

About that obstructionist GOP-controlled house that keeps kicking the can towards the fiscal cliff...

Old 11-07-2012, 04:03 AM

68,300 posts, read 54,222,946 times
Quote:

And pack your bags and go home in 2014.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:25 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,258,541 times
Default Survive we must!

Quote:

I agree. We cannot allow this dictator to ram things through. We must oppose everthing as much as possible, and slash his spending, while (if possible) maintining our military strength.

This man is focused on destroying America. That has been his goal all along. Stupid people have allowed him another four years to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies