U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 10:48 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,317,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
The ignorant here have no idea what they are talking about. A state that voted 51% Democrat and 49% Republican would be considered a blue state. Basically half and half. Wise up people. There is no such thing as a red or blue states.
Exactly and many of the people who do vote Dem or Rep are not hardcore liberals or conservatives. They basically choose the more palatable option.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:49 AM

649 posts, read 553,815 times
Quote:
The ignorant here have no idea what they are talking about. A state that voted 51% Democrat and 49% Republican would be considered a blue state. Basically half and half. Wise up people. There is no such thing as a red or blue states.
The closest you will get is something like Wyoming or Utah for red and Vermont on the blue side.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:51 AM

2,983 posts, read 3,790,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
victorianpunk-
"Red states can now FEEL FREE TO SECEDE"

You would have to fly around (not over) us to travel around your country then.

Or....Blues States could form several smaller countries.

We'd just build high speed rail under you.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:52 AM

48,516 posts, read 83,890,268 times
Non-sense. This elction was close for a year with a sitting president. Otherwise it confirmed what mid term results in which republicans made gains in congress and statehouses.Politics as usual ;really.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:32 PM

1,669 posts, read 5,599,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Red staters, if you don't like the election results, by all means, SECEDE FROM THE UNION!
That already happened once, but the "blue states" made them return to the union by force.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:54 PM

12,332 posts, read 10,298,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG120 View Post
Expected from someone not from the south, nor probably ever lived here. Like you, not all of us are ignorant, uneducated hicks, living in a trailer and watching rerun's of Honey Boo Boo..

All this stereotyping is part of the problem.

True, but please take a look at the bible thumpers in your region then talk about all the stereotyping. I want religion completely out of politics. Your region put Paul Broun in the House of Rep. He is actually mentally ill.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:03 PM

649 posts, read 553,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
True, but please take a look at the bible thumpers in your region then talk about all the stereotyping. I want religion completely out of politics. Your region put Paul Broun in the House of Rep. He is actually mentally ill.
I can't speak for the people in his district, only they can. And I agree with you about religion, I would prefer a clean break between church and state, but I also know that isn't likely to happen. Even if you removed all religious references, etc from politics, people will still bring their beliefs, morals, values, whatever to the table. And for many, those are based on religion.

So, would you prefer that they not say anything, thus appearing mainstream until it's too late, or know right up front what your dealing with?

And whether I agree with him or not, which I don't, I do admire him for standing up for what he believes in rather than bending to whatever is popular today.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:04 PM

12,332 posts, read 10,298,159 times
Quote:

Another good point. When Obama was first elected Rick Perry mentioned secession and some Texans cheered the idea. I'd love to see Texas try that when yesterday Obama got 41% of the vote in Texas. Sounds like a civil war would break out in Texas if they seceded, or at the very least a vicious insurgency would crop up and wreck the state for years to come.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:07 PM

3,022 posts, read 4,523,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightforlove View Post
Texas and the south, with their gender aware, macho culture, would whip the crap out of the wussified, gender confused, suck-at-football blue state America, lol!
Want to take on Blue State Oregon Ducks...they would waste you..yes even you Alabama.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:36 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,206,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
What are you guys in the blue states going to eat? The food is grown by us redneck tea partiers in the Bible Belt.
Most of them have heard of the movie, Soylent Green, and surely they must think that the way the people of that movie provide the method. I am old enough that their main theory, Obamacare, will provide death panels to allow we old people to die peacefully in beds, or hallways, and our bodies can be used for those wafers the people ate in that movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies