U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2012, 09:35 PM

30,136 posts, read 16,652,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suissegrl702 View Post
Why does everyone think that health insurance is necessary? Its not. I have not had insurance since age 23. I pay out of pocket. I'm not a freerider. Why am I required to pay for everyone else's care? "That's the only way it works." Well then, I want a Louis Vuitton handbag. I can't afford one. Perhaps we should mandate that everyone buy Louis Vuitton insurance so that everyone can buy a Louis Vuitton handbag. Why is it my responsibility to pay for someone else's awful dietary habits, obesity, advancing age, mammograms, birth control, and everything else? Why am I paying for someone else's drug rehab?

It is criminal and WRONG to make everyone buy a product that some don't need and do not want. "You need to have a mandate or insurance doesn't work" what a load of CRAP. You want insurance, you buy it. I'M NOT PAYING FOR YOUR HEALTHCARE.

As for the car insurance comparison, I'll rip that one apart too. For starters not everyone buys car insurance. In some states you are exempt if you can show that you meet the liability requirements via personal wealth. People who don't drive cars don't have to buy car insurance. In addition, in CA, NV, and UT at least, you are only required by law to have liability insurance - which doesn't cover the policy holder or the car the policy holder was driving - it only covers anyone or anything you hit while operating the motor vehicle. Car insurance does not cover oil changes, brakes, tires, hubcaps, radio replacements, window replacements, routine maintenance, and hell, it won't cover an engine replacement or a transmission. Car insurance covers emergencies only.

As for the freerider agreement - the whole mandate was brought forth because of people using the ER and not paying for it - the insurance plan at work - which is, according to the provider becoming standard in the industry thanks to Ohahacare - is still going to be a problem. Except now there will be more freeriders with insurance. The policy at work covers routine care only - stuff like screenings, birth control pills, mammograms, etc. It covers 50% of a birth, won't pay for a cesearan, even a medically necessary one, covers 50% of daibetes medicine, and will not cover any new drugs at all. In addition, surgeries are pretty much off the table. The icing on the cake for why I will be paying the fine rather than ponying up for the stupid - is the fact that in the event that I need to go to the ER - say I end up in a car accident - I have to crap $2500 before they will pay anything, and then the insurance policy will only pay out 35% of my ER bill. Which means that in the event that I end up with a $50,000 ER bill, I'm stuck ponying up $32,500. After months and months if not years and years of paying for insurance I won't be using otherwise, in the end I get screwed. You want to get the young and healthy to buy insurance? Offer an emergency only plan. But hey, that won't happen. It doesn't meet the requirements of Ohahacare.

I'm not paying for the old and entitled who think that the young should be forced to pay for their diabetes meds, their obesity meds, and their expensive surgeries.

Health insurance is NOT necessary for life.
You already pay for their Medicare, my dear, and their Medicaid for the poor ~ this is, if you have a job.

How is it again that you intend to pay for your medical bill when you get ill? I missed that part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 10:15 PM

25,393 posts, read 30,766,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
1. I find your words very telling as to why this country is divided. Look at your words. You hope your friend is right that Obama will damage our country so badly that your political party will win. Nice, real nice. This is the problem today. Some of us are more interested in our politics than working together and making things better.

2. The "survival mode" thing is a bit heavy handed. I don't know where you get your news from but shut it off. I disappointed that someone in the education field has allowed themselves to fall to the Chicken Littles of the world.
I hope this because cleaning up the mess will be faster. We are in freefall and the faster we hit the ground, the faster we can start setting broken bones. If we take the slow path down the mountainside, our injuries will be worse and it will take longer for us to be on the mend.

It is time to be in survival mode. This is going to be bad. VERY BAD. I'm not sure preparing will even work but I have to try. I'm moving out of stocks and into foriegn bonds and gold. Things I think will hold value when our government implodes.

You are under the misguided impression that I can actually do something to fix this. I can't. I did my part. I tried to vote the idiot who is leading us off the cliff out of office. There's nothing left for me to do but prepare for the coming disaster. I can't fix this. I have no part in it anymore. I'm just along for the ride. All I can do is what I can to protect myself. You'll have to take care of yourself. I can't take care of us both.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:47 PM

39,329 posts, read 20,396,556 times
To survive you have to understand who you are dealing with.

The “Intellectuals”
College Students, especially those in Ivy Leagues
College Professors, especially those in Ivy Leagues
Other teachers, education administrators, and education policymakers
Journalists and Media personalities

The “Victims of the Democratic Playing Card Deck

This group makes up the core of the voting element as far as the Democratic Party goes, and thus helps the most to promote the liberal cause. These are the people who think they’ve been wrong or disadvantaged, or have been told that they’ve been wronged or disadvantaged. They’re also being told that the opposing parties (Republicans and conservatives) are out to wrong them and disadvantage them even further. They consist of:

African Americans, Latinos, and other “minorities”
Senior Citizens
The poor and middle class, especially those who live in urban areas
Feminists
Environmentalists

Old 11-09-2012, 10:49 PM

Look no further than how the Democrats try to scare African Americans into believing that Republicans are “holding them down”, how the Democrats try to scare middle class Americans into thinking Republicans are “hurting the middle class,” and how the Democrats try to scare women into thinking Republicans are “against their rights.” Democrats also frequently try to scare Senior Citizens into thinking Republicans want to “destroy Social Security.”

Look at the key words mentioned in these accusations; against, holding down, hurting, destroying.

In essence, it is fear mongering targeted at certain groups of people in society, and it works. These Democrats and liberals attempt to spin the issues into backing up this fear mongering, and people listen to it. And as a result, this entire second group is formed- the “victims” of the Democratic Playing Card Deck.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:00 PM

Based on the previous two groups, you’ve got one group of people that is ideological, unrealistic, and elitist. Then you’ve got a second group that is fearful, angry, resentful, and therefore has a closed mind towards reality- or any other person’s opinions if they differ from their own.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:05 AM

12,482 posts, read 8,846,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Poster child for RW Christian Nutjob.
Yep anyone who beleives in god and thinks life is sacred is a nut job according to liberal untited states

Old 11-10-2012, 03:07 AM

12,482 posts, read 8,846,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You already pay for their Medicare, my dear, and their Medicaid for the poor ~ this is, if you have a job.

How is it again that you intend to pay for your medical bill when you get ill? I missed that part.
We can tax the rich so they can pay for me

Old 11-10-2012, 08:31 AM

56,211 posts, read 54,678,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I hope this because cleaning up the mess will be faster. We are in freefall and the faster we hit the ground, the faster we can start setting broken bones. If we take the slow path down the mountainside, our injuries will be worse and it will take longer for us to be on the mend.

It is time to be in survival mode. This is going to be bad. VERY BAD. I'm not sure preparing will even work but I have to try. I'm moving out of stocks and into foriegn bonds and gold. Things I think will hold value when our government implodes.

You are under the misguided impression that I can actually do something to fix this. I can't. I did my part. I tried to vote the idiot who is leading us off the cliff out of office. There's nothing left for me to do but prepare for the coming disaster. I can't fix this. I have no part in it anymore. I'm just along for the ride. All I can do is what I can to protect myself. You'll have to take care of yourself. I can't take care of us both.
Without the similes and metaphors, exactly what disaster do you think is going to happen? Specifically? Serious question.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:04 PM

48,276 posts, read 45,557,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
No, Romney lost because the "takers" now outnumber the productive people.

Actually, America lost.
Can you prove that the "takers" outnumber productive people? And how do you measure "taker" and "productive person"?

Old 11-11-2012, 09:06 PM

6,475 posts, read 6,191,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Yep anyone who beleives in god and thinks life is sacred is a nut job according to liberal untited states
Not liberals in general, but to me, at least.

I'm sure there are more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or