U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 07:33 PM

19,025 posts, read 22,239,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Will not stop as long as banks give us money.

By the way i voted romney so i must have been the fool
Yer a strange one that's a fact Jack.. Maybe you better come back to the side you know.
At this point I don't think Obama could get a personal car loan from a used car dealer over in Indian Head.

Would give him 4,000 bucks?

Oh Indian Head is just south west of DC in case you ain't neva' been there.. There is a park with great big cannon set up there for the defense of DC in the 1860's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 07:39 PM

13,153 posts, read 17,423,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Rarrit!
Hey, is that a pic of you, Mac? Tough lookin' character, looks like you sound, friend...

Old 11-13-2012, 07:42 PM

48,217 posts, read 45,506,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Yer a strange one that's a fact Jack.. Maybe you better come back to the side you know.
At this point I don't think Obama could get a personal car loan from a used car dealer over in Indian Head.

Would give him 4,000 bucks?

Oh Indian Head is just south west of DC in case you ain't neva' been there.. There is a park with great big cannon set up there for the defense of DC in the 1860's.
What would President Obama need with a car loan? He has more than either one of us. He could buy cars for us if he wanted.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What would President Obama need with a car loan? He has more than either one of us. He could buy cars for us if he wanted.
He should, to level the playing field...or, rather, the driving field...I hear GM isn't going to be able to pay the taxpayers back. Well, that's OK. How about giving each one of us a shiny new car as it rolls off the line. I'll call it "debt forgiven".

Old 11-13-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
He should, to level the playing field...or, rather, the driving field...I hear GM isn't going to be able to pay the taxpayers back. Well, that's OK. How about giving each one of us a shiny new car as it rolls off the line. I'll call it "debt forgiven".
This is how I look at the bailout. The bailout was meant to keep GM afloat so that GM could hire more workers and help people keep their own jobs. I wasn't too thrilled about bailing out the big 3. However, this is the way I see it. If they had been allowed to go belly up, we would be talking about record unemployment rates. And it wouldn't just be Michigan that would get hit.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:58 PM

19,025 posts, read 22,239,130 times
Quote:
Yes I understand he gets 400,000+ and all TAX Free for life, but I still bet he couldn't get a used car salesman to float him a loan for 4000 dollar used car.

There is a point. There of course is no need........ The point is he isn't trust worthy...

Old 11-13-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
This is how I look at the bailout. The bailout was meant to keep GM afloat so that GM could hire more workers and help people keep their own jobs. I wasn't too thrilled about bailing out the big 3. However, this is the way I see it. If they had been allowed to go belly up, we would be talking about record unemployment rates. And it wouldn't just be Michigan that would get hit.
Bailout was a poor way to handle it. Many good dealerships, with years of history in a community, were put out of business, and that means many jobs lost -- on a selective basis. Who is to say that a dealer with 40 years of success wouldn't have been the one to survive, if he hadn't been told to close his doors forever.

And now that GM is coming back - shouldn't some of those dealers be help too? We have one such dealer in our small town, whose showrooms look like empty warehouses. They're selling used cars now, and continuing with service work, and struggling. Ten people lost their jobs in a rural town, thanks to Obama's fascination with taxpayer funded bailouts.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Bailout was a poor way to handle it. Many good dealerships, with years of history in a community, were put out of business, and that means many jobs lost -- on a selective basis. Who is to say that a dealer with 40 years of success wouldn't have been the one to survive, if he hadn't been told to close his doors forever.

And now that GM is coming back - shouldn't some of those dealers be help too? We have one such dealer in our small town, whose showrooms look like empty warehouses. They're selling used cars now, and continuing with service work, and struggling. Ten people lost their jobs in a rural town, thanks to Obama's fascination with taxpayer funded bailouts.
What if the bailout had not been implemented at all?

Old 11-13-2012, 09:00 PM

10,953 posts, read 8,689,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post

they should call it "red dawn ii", and label it a documentary. The conservatives can't tell the difference anyway.
lol

Old 11-14-2012, 04:24 AM

28,206 posts, read 20,752,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Yes I understand he gets 400,000+ and all TAX Free for life, but I still bet he couldn't get a used car salesman to float him a loan for 4000 dollar used car.

There is a point. There of course is no need........ The point is he isn't trust worthy...
The President does pay taxes on his income.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or