U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-07-2012, 10:35 AM
 
3,614 posts, read 3,050,755 times
Reputation: 909

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Because someone people are so stupid they don't even know how stupid they are
Funny you say that.
The Dunning-Kruger Effect.

45% of whites voted for Obama. Obama won because he appeals more to pretty much every minority group in the United States, where as Republicans attract rich old white men.

So in touch with the people, aren't they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-07-2012, 10:39 AM
 
Location: somewhere in the woods
16,884 posts, read 13,040,866 times
Reputation: 5212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Funny you say that.
The Dunning-Kruger Effect.

45% of whites voted for Obama. Obama won because he appeals more to pretty much every minority group in the United States, where as Republicans attract rich old white men.

So in touch with the people, aren't they?

appeal? so you admit that obama won because of popularity and not for his ability to govern. figures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2012, 10:40 AM
 
3,614 posts, read 3,050,755 times
Reputation: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
appeal? so you admit that obama won because of popularity and not for his ability to govern. figures.
No, you say that. I said Obama appeals to minority voters. Whatever those voters like about Obama, be it is ability to govern, the clothes he wears, or the way he *****-slapped Republicans, I don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2012, 10:41 AM
 
Location: The "Rock"
2,551 posts, read 2,414,891 times
Reputation: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by drowclop View Post
The parties are mainly split by race. Nonwhites mainly vote for the left because they get free stuff and the left promotes the view that nonwhites are morally superior to whites. Whites mainly vote for the right, because that free stuff nonwhites get mainly comes out the pockets of whites. The whites who vote for the left are mainly feminist shrews and weirdos.

Then explain how Obama won these states that have over a 70% Non-Hispanic White population?

Maine (94.4%)
Vermont (93.7%)
New Hampshire (92.3%)
Iowa (88.7%)
Wisconsiin (83.3%)
Minnesota (83.1%)
Ohio (81.1%)
Pennsylvania (79.2%)
Michigan (76.6%)
Massachusetts (76.4%)
Rhode Island (76.4%)
Connecticut (71.2%)
Colorado (70.0%)


I guess these states have a lot of feminist and weirdos...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2012, 10:44 AM
 
16,600 posts, read 14,084,987 times
Reputation: 20563
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
College educated is a mixed bag. You have those who bought into the liberal indoctrination and the PC movement. They are more often people who benefited from mom and dad paving the way for them to succeed. less personal challenge to make ends meet along the way.
Your average HS educated white either entered the work force right out of HS or joined the military. In this enviroment you don't have the support systems and are forced to become less dependent on gov programs etc.
LOL ever work for a college educated kid just out of college? I work in a factory, what is absolutely amazing is how little these kids understand the people they manage. I guess what I am saying is the blue collar worker have different life experiences. Nothing is just handed to us, we had to work and struggle for everything we have. The idea of give away programs is offensive to many of us. Those programs are paid for by taxes. Many of those you are talking about live in small towns and the rual areas. We depend upon ourselves not the gov. Our roads although state and county roads often get plowed by private citizens. If we waited for the state trucks it might be a spring thaw before they were clear.
I certainly dont pretend to speak for all HS white voters, but I think I sum up those in my area.
Again, the average blue collar worker receives more in government benefit than they pay in taxes so the above bolded just is not true for the entire demographic.

Additionally, give the FACT that most college graduates did so by taking on PERSONAL student loan debt the idea that "mom and dad paved the way for them to succeed" doesn't hold any water.

Finally, I do think indirectly your post may show the reason why so many of those with a high school education voted republican. Your disdain, and resentment of college educated people is abundantly clear in your post. As the democrats are frequently the party of the higher educated and often termed the "intellectuals" by the GOP it is likely that resentment lead to the way they voted. It is sort of ironic as all of the GOP politicians are that same intellectual elite in terms of their degrees, and lack of blue collar work experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2012, 10:45 AM
 
Location: somewhere in the woods
16,884 posts, read 13,040,866 times
Reputation: 5212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
No, you say that. I said Obama appeals to minority voters. Whatever those voters like about Obama, be it is ability to govern, the clothes he wears, or the way he *****-slapped Republicans, I don't know.

govern??? obama cant lead his way out of a wet papersack. he has shown no leadership at all. he has shown before that he can slap republicans just fine, and I dont see any less happening this time. all obama is good for is looking good and taking vacations on the taxpayers dime, as his ability to govern does not exist at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2012, 10:52 AM
 
Location: the ass of nowhere (the midwest)
502 posts, read 605,999 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Then explain how Obama won these states that have over a 70% Non-Hispanic White population?

Maine (94.4%)
Vermont (93.7%)
New Hampshire (92.3%)
Iowa (88.7%)
Wisconsiin (83.3%)
Minnesota (83.1%)
Ohio (81.1%)
Pennsylvania (79.2%)
Michigan (76.6%)
Massachusetts (76.4%)
Rhode Island (76.4%)
Connecticut (71.2%)
Colorado (70.0%)


I guess these states have a lot of feminist and weirdos...
Actually, they do. I live in Wisco and, boy-oh, we've got a long saddening history of brain-dead liberalism in this state! Milwaukee was the socialist hub in the 1920s. Don't know why it came to be, maybe it's something in the water around here.

I'm a college educated white (mechanical engineering), voted for Gary Johnson and Republicans at the state level. Only time I've voted for a Dem is when it's been a conservative/populist one running against a weak Repub. In my day-to-day experiences, most college educated whites who vote Democratic are the ones with the worthless humanities degrees that qualified them to make coffee at Starbucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2012, 10:56 AM
PDD
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
8,774 posts, read 14,880,641 times
Reputation: 11886
If the Republican voters don't get over this loss and just cry for the next four years nothing will get accomplished.
Tell your Republican representatives to work with the president instead of blocking every move he wants to make. (How did that work out for you these past 4 years?)

Bayner and Mitchell "It is our job to insure Obama is a one term president"
Didn't work out for those two clowns did it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2012, 10:59 AM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,282 posts, read 16,643,271 times
Reputation: 8891
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Why do high-school educated whites lean Republican?

I'm hoping for answers from the people I've described or from others who are truly in touch with them and genuinely understands their perspective.

I know that while high-school educated whites lean Republican, many still vote Democrat, especially if they are union members. So another question is, is the pro-union stance the only reason they vote for Democrats?
This isn't a serious thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2012, 11:25 AM
 
19,078 posts, read 21,915,686 times
Reputation: 13432
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
maybe because those same people who got college degrees on the goverment dime and now have to pay them back to the goverment, now know that goverment helped them, so why not vote for a goverment that will help others, even if those others dont want any help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightforlove View Post
Actually, they do. I live in Wisco and, boy-oh, we've got a long saddening history of brain-dead liberalism in this state! Milwaukee was the socialist hub in the 1920s. Don't know why it came to be, maybe it's something in the water around here.

I'm a college educated white (mechanical engineering), voted for Gary Johnson and Republicans at the state level. Only time I've voted for a Dem is when it's been a conservative/populist one running against a weak Repub. In my day-to-day experiences, most college educated whites who vote Democratic are the ones with the worthless humanities degrees that qualified them to make coffee at Starbucks.
The vast majority of scientists in the US are either dem or independent, which entirely points to those with basket weaving degrees as a majority voting right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top