U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-07-2012, 04:30 AM
 
Location: San Diego
5,319 posts, read 7,825,961 times
Reputation: 3376

Advertisements

Here's a thought ....

If our government is ever going to be united ... why doesn't Obama invite both Mitt Romney and Ron Paul to join his administration as advisers?

Obama would have the final say, but Romney and Paul could no longer act as if they have a better plan for our country, and nobody ever listened to them.

Then potentially Republicans in Congress would stop obstructing Obama, and work with him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-07-2012, 06:27 AM
 
Location: West Michigan
12,359 posts, read 7,703,517 times
Reputation: 7213
Romney has told way to many lies and distortions about Obama and his policies for them to ever work together. Plus Romney doesn't play second fiddle to anyone and would make a lousy adviser. Paul would be a good choice. He never lies as far as I can tell and he sure never flip-flops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2012, 06:30 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth Texas
12,482 posts, read 8,793,887 times
Reputation: 2527
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Here's a thought ....

If our government is ever going to be united ... why doesn't Obama invite both Mitt Romney and Ron Paul to join his administration as advisers?

Obama would have the final say, but Romney and Paul could no longer act as if they have a better plan for our country, and nobody ever listened to them.

Then potentially Republicans in Congress would stop obstructing Obama, and work with him
After what the presidents team did to Romney you think they can say oh yea we need you to be an adviser.The president people would find it laughable and Romney would find it insulting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2012, 09:29 AM
 
Location: San Diego
5,319 posts, read 7,825,961 times
Reputation: 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
After what the presidents team did to Romney you think they can say oh yea we need you to be an adviser.The president people would find it laughable and Romney would find it insulting
Look at how Obama brought Hillary Clinton into his cabinet after battling her for the Democratic nomination more than a year.

He also selected Joe Biden to be his V.P. after he and Biden were opposing candidates.

Obama strikes me as the type of man who forgets the differences that occur before elections, and chooses what's best for the country.

I feel selecting Paul and Romney as advisers might help him work better with Congress, rather than facing gridlock for four more years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2012, 09:30 AM
 
Location: San Francisco
9,033 posts, read 8,695,440 times
Reputation: 5665
Would a President Romney invite Obama to be his advisor?

There's your answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2012, 09:31 AM
 
29,521 posts, read 16,275,895 times
Reputation: 13696
Obama is far too corrupt and ignorant for ron paul to take a position within his admin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2012, 09:32 AM
 
17,497 posts, read 10,590,669 times
Reputation: 6745
Obama doesn't have it in him to share the load........he believes he's SUPERMAN and EYE CANDY with that kind of personality this shows he doesn't "PLAY well with OTHERS"........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2012, 09:36 AM
 
Location: San Diego
5,319 posts, read 7,825,961 times
Reputation: 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Would a President Romney invite Obama to be his advisor?

There's your answer.
That's the difference.

When Obama selected Hillary and Biden, he showed he is able to put the past election behind him, and focus on what's best for the country.

It wouldn't matter whether Romney would do the same ... that is Romney ... not Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2012, 09:38 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 19,391,836 times
Reputation: 6523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Romney has told way to many lies and distortions about Obama and his policies for them to ever work together. Plus Romney doesn't play second fiddle to anyone and would make a lousy adviser. Paul would be a good choice. He never lies as far as I can tell and he sure never flip-flops.
LOL the lies flew both ways. It was not a 1 way street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2012, 09:39 AM
 
29,419 posts, read 18,638,741 times
Reputation: 5437
Hillary got what she was promised nothing more. Now she has her own little army to run roughshod over the middle east and Obama allows it. I guess you think that is what is best for the country. Ask our ambassador to Libya what he thinks. Oops he's dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top