Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 06:56 PM

37,169 posts, read 19,174,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I'm having a hard time thinking that Americans support this and allowed Obama to win.......pretty scary and sad day for America.

I think Our Founding Fathers would line us up and shoot us......were doing exactly what they didn't want to happen......European style.
Actually, the military was disbanded after the Revolutionary War.

The Founding Fathers would probably be tickled with the election results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 06:57 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
The inevitable is going to happen, no matter who got in!

Medicare is the biggest drain on our shrinking piggy bank, and that sounds like a good start to me: a 30% reduction in funding.

I work in a LTC/Rehab facility, and the waste is sinfully out of sight! Yup! Give them all an electric wheelchair! Do that hip operation on that 90-year-old man! Or do that bypass operation on that 85-year-old woman! Or a knee replacement on that elderly patient who's suffering from emphysema, and doesn't have much longer to live! We've got the $$$ to do all that!

Never mind, the 15-year-old, with no insurance, who merely needs some dental work!

Agreed.

Medicare is the biggest but hardly the only one.

With so many people receiving all sorts of material benefits, special status and privileges from government, the OP's appeal to reason is pointless.

The 50+% of voters who cast ballots for Obama and other free spending Democrats have no concern whatsoever over the size of the debt.

Their only interest is getting what they can while they are able.

As of last night, too few responsible voters are around to hold back the thieving majority.

We've crossed a line and there's no looking back.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:58 PM

37,169 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I would say that you seem to not have seen the DJIA today. Last I looked, over an hour ago, it was down about $200. I guess most of the traders didn't vote for Obama from what is happening there.
Today's Market drop was due to the European debt crisis, not the Obama win.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:01 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,986,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Agreed.

Medicare is the biggest but hardly the only one.

With so many people receiving all sorts of material benefits, special status and privileges from government, the OP's appeal to reason is pointless.

The 50+% of voters who cast ballots for Obama and other free spending Democrats have no concern whatsoever over the size of the debt.

Their only interest is getting what they can while they are able.

As of last night, too few responsible voters are around to hold back the thieving majority.

We've crossed a line and there's no looking back.
LOL, and the solution of the "Medicare is the biggest problem!" crowd is to elect more people from the party that controlled the House, the Senate and the Presidency in 2003 when Medicare Plan D, the biggest Medicare expansion in history, was passed and signed into law.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:04 PM

987 posts, read 1,385,676 times
What if the Congressional Investigations into the "Fast & Furious" and "Benghazi Attack" issue or others came out before the election? Would it have made a difference in the reelection of Obama?
If a President is derelict in his duty as Commander In Chief where people died on his watch that could have been prevented, he would be therefore unsuitable to be the next President of the United States of America IMHO, let alone all of his broken promises to the American people!
Just my honest thoughts!

Old 11-07-2012, 07:07 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
I hope all of these libotards get their front door kicked in by cameljockeys and buttstroked with a beat up AK....
It takes a Republican to try to dream up an terrorist invasion scenario. And I don't think anyone has suggested we do away with the military, expect perhaps in your most fevered dreams. I might point out that Romney's brilliant plans, like expanding the Navy and purchasing 100 additional F-22s would be kinda useless in your little wet dream.

Then again, it IS kinda interesting that you picked a song highly popular with a bunch of terrorists who for all their "paramilitary" posturing kinda preferred that ultimate coward's weapon, the time bomb. (Mostly because every time they went for a conventional fight, they had the sn.t kicked out of them.)

Old 11-07-2012, 07:08 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,815,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Today's Market drop was due to the European debt crisis, not the Obama win.
We already lost 100,000+ jobs from the loss last night. Romney was going to sign that Alaska pipline the first week or so in office. Now today Boeing announces 30% of their workers will be let go.
The stock market DJIA is down 273 points.

ALL OF THIS IN ONE F***ING DAY!

Old 11-07-2012, 07:09 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,815,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It takes a Republican to try to dream up an terrorist invasion scenario. And I don't think anyone has suggested we do away with the military, expect perhaps in your most fevered dreams. I might point out that Romney's brilliant plans, like expanding the Navy and purchasing 100 additional F-22s would be kinda useless in your little wet dream.

Then again, it IS kinda interesting that you picked a song highly popular with a bunch of terrorists who for all their "paramilitary" posturing kinda preferred that ultimate coward's weapon, the time bomb. (Mostly because every time they went for a conventional fight, they had the sn.t kicked out of them.)
You're talking to a VET here son. Watch your tongue!

Old 11-07-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Now today Boeing announces 30% of their workers will be let go.
30% of the managers in their defense division only. Did you and hawkeye share a math class or something?

Old 11-07-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
You're talking to a VET here son. Watch your tongue!
I am a vet myself, old man. Respect is earned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies