Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 12:59 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,502,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Figure out who to lay off from the wife's business when the SHTF. I refuse to suffer financially from any of Obama's (or even if it was Romney's) tax grabs. You want to make me pay more money? It's not coming from my pocket.
Nice mentality. "I want all the things taxes pay for, but I don't want to pay for them."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 01:42 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,313,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyForever View Post
Kiss my A.

I know...I gotta do a little bit of reading etc...I am on a survivalist forum and have been for a while...I have done prepping before but now I will pick it up more

Why even come back to fight again? This is my 2nd election I helped out on its nothing but cheating,lying,backstabbing,vote rigging etc...hell with it. I believe the whole system needs destroyed.
As someone who grew up Camping, Fishing and hunting and alot of Wheeling exploring the back country of the PNW and a Kiss my A attitude when you get your truck stuck and need a hand to pull you out something and you are already giving up when nothing has changed from the rest of the last few days other than no more 24/7 TV coverage of the election.

I mean soory that you live in a first world Country is such hell for you but even the poorest people have it better than the poorest people in the 3RD Wolrd.

I say you trade places for a month with someone in one and see how Good we have it and be a put all your survivalist skills to the test.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:44 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Now that its in the bag we got at least 4 more years of Obama what do you plan to do?

Personally I will start stocking up on food even more,time to buy some weapons as well...50 gallon barrels of food and water and pretty much just ignoring the stupidity that we call the voters in this country...neither the republicans nor the democrats can get anything right and neither is gonna care when the country collapses but they will blame each others while people fend for themselves...I suggest everyone get ready for one hell of a 4 years if not longer...
What did you do with all the guns and doomsday supplies you bought after 2008 elections?

Old 11-07-2012, 01:48 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,839,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Nice mentality. "I want all the things taxes pay for, but I don't want to pay for them."
That is not what the poster said at all. I am also a business owner, and taxed differently than the average salaried worker. What many willfully ignore is, when you raise our taxes, and as a result our cost of doing business, we are not just going to take the hit. Have fun with that.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:50 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
The OP should investigate the possibility of moving to Somalia.

Low taxes, no regulations, a vibrant gun culture, fanatical adherence to religious dogma.

It sounds like the perfect place for a right wing extremist.
I don't have enough cred here to give you a thumbs up. So I'll do it this way.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:53 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,398 times
I don't think you people get it....
Obama winning shows that America has changed (for the worse) and will never be the same. The takers have over taken the producers....were screwed but most people don't understand.
Dems will win again in 2016 and so on.

Get ready for the new norm 9% unemployment/high gas and food prices,european style of living.

If it's free it's for me = country done!

Old 11-07-2012, 01:54 PM

266 posts, read 402,721 times
Quote:
Why even come back to fight again? This is my 2nd election I helped out on its nothing but cheating,lying,backstabbing,vote rigging etc...hell with it. I believe the whole system needs destroyed.
Especially when your vote is lost amidst the overwhelming swarm of liberal votes in your state. It should not ever come down to one or two states. My second election too.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:59 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
I'm going to a wedding in LA this weekend, and then back to work & life as usual... pretty much the same as any other election year! I love how people get all "the sky is falling!" after a big election, when we all know people will be over it (aside from the whining on this forum) in a month.

P.S. You should read the book "Life as we Knew It" by Susan Beth Pfeffer - I think you'd like it, and that's an honest recommendation from your resident librarian.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:02 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Buy more reloading supplies. Support secession movements. Get a cabin built. Laugh as the country disintegrates.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:02 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
The OP should investigate the possibility of moving to Somalia.

Low taxes, no regulations, a vibrant gun culture, fanatical adherence to religious dogma.

It sounds like the perfect place for a right wing extremist.
Sounds like you would love Soviet Russia..... a state owned media that controls thought on the weakminded, authoratarianism, police state, far overreaching government...... paradise for someone like yourself

Oh wait, that is the forecast for America with the clowns in charge.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies