Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 08:26 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,988,890 times

Advertisements

I thought bammer was supposed to unite us all last time around? I guess he lied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 08:28 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,893,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
well in part u r correct, yes 18 year old white boys do not practice bigotry.
their level of shame hammered into them, for being white and male, has pretty much pushed them under water. they simply remain children and never grow up. as to existing bigotry in the rest of the y generation, u r very mistaken. remember only 38% of the population is white male and of that less than 40% under 30. dont u think u r leaving a few facts out of your "its a wonder new world" statement?
u have come a long way baby, but in what direction?
Can you please stick with normal English, for us older folks who don't speak text?

Old 11-07-2012, 08:28 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,243,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You're right TD. Hopefully what has changed is maybe, possibly the 2 parties might try to work together.

It's up to Obama.
He said he was going to work across the aisle in 2008 and then managed to do just the opposite when the GOP didn't happen to vote for his stimulus act and fought against his health care proposals. When none of them voted for healthcare as written by some Senators, some union bosses and some healthcare execs he refused to cross the aisle again. I hope he can pull that off this time so we can get out of this grid lock but bet he doesn't.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:31 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,243,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long101 View Post
I dont understand how people can argue about such a clear cut topic. There are people who voted for Romney cuz he's white, and people voted for Obama just cuz he's black. There are racists on both sides of the line, end of story.
For the second time I voted against Obama for other reasons than the color of his skin. This time I had come to believe that he isn't so terrible but as long as Valerie Jarrett is in the White House and telling him what to do I will be against him. I still don't worry about the pigment in his skin but will be called racist again by leaners.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:44 PM

37,141 posts, read 19,152,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Today a friend said to me that he had been saying for some time the election would be stolen and he still believes it was.

Why do I see so many of you people talking about post-racial when Obama was supposed to be the end of that racial crap and daily people played the race card when losing an argument. If it was supposed to be over in 2008 why are we still being hit with that post racial crap?
The Romney kid is the one who bought the voting machines. Maybe he didnt know how to work them properly?

Post-racial, Roy, means that for four years I have sat here on C-D and read thousands of posts claiming that President Obama was elected because of the color of his skin, and in the last year there has been a flood of posts claiming that America had regretted 2008 and would not be fooled again, and that even the blacks had turned against him because of his support for gay marriage.

The fact of the matter is, President Obama has been judged competent to govern and he was re-elected again to do so. There was no novelty factor yesterday, completely disproving all the BS claims of the last four years. America is moving to a place where color and gender do not matter in the least, but competence and merit are rewarded.

Post-racial, in other words, means that race doesn't matter any more. America is finally becoming a true melting pot.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:49 PM

Only if you melt the gold from the evil rich in a pot to spread it around which is what all the leeches of society want.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 17 days ago)

27,615 posts, read 16,097,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Can you please stick with normal English, for us older folks who don't speak text?
I understood him completely and I think you did too. Perhaps you should stop pretending to have your head up your ***

Old 11-07-2012, 08:57 PM

Ah yes post racial America............

Election morning in BR - YouTube

Old 11-07-2012, 09:05 PM

37,141 posts, read 19,152,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Only if you melt the gold from the evil rich in a pot to spread it around which is what all the leeches of society want.
Redistribution of wealth is a two-edged sword. Look at the percentage of wealth that top 2% of this country owns now as compared to 1960. Seems like they have been taking the gold from the poor in disproportional amounts for some time. The flow needs to be reversed before the country is bankrupt.

A leech in a three-piece suit is still a leech.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:08 PM

587 posts, read 1,409,955 times
Electing Obama was a huge progressive step in race relations in America. But the beginning of a post-racial America? I think not. America is just as segregated as its ever been. Aside from the anomalies of a few integrated suburban and urban areas, most places in America are incredibly segregated. See how comfortable you feel being any race but Black moving around Detroit. Or try being anything but White in a community outside of large major metro area in America. Even world class cities noted for their profound ethnic diversity like New York are extremely segregated. Most White folks in America live in almost entirely White worlds where they rarely come into contact with people of different racial backgrounds. Most of America is like The Simpsons where almost everyone in the community is of Caucasian descent (yellow skinned in the case of The Simpsons) with a very small handful of token Blacks, Asians and Latinos. The average White person lives in a neighborhood that is at least 80%+ White. That goes for Whites living in the big city, the suburbs and definitely for middle American rural areas. The average Black neighborhood in a big city is about 95%+ Black, especially on the East Coast or Midwest and the South. The vast majority of people "stick to their own kind" in America despite living in diverse metro areas and big cities. You need proof? Less than 3% of the American population defines themselves as multiracial. Minorities in America are much less integrated into the larger White society as a whole as other countries in the developed world. For example, in Great Britain about 50% of Black men have White wives and its no big deal. We will not be alive to see a post-racial America. Maybe in a few hundred years.

Last edited by LunaticVillage; 11-07-2012 at 09:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies