Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 05:33 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,580,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Why are you liberals so intimidated and cowered by religion? If you don't wish to believe, then don't.

For all the screeching and ranting about how judgemental Christians are, why don't you stop judging them and mind your own business?
Exactly!!! Tried to rep you, but I have to spread more around first.

Why do the left insist they are so 'tolerant' and complain that the right is not? It is clear they are only tolerant when it suits their needs and benefits them. They need to learn the definition of tolerance and work to adhere to it if they expect the same in return! Ya know, the old saying and all.....we get what we give or do unto others....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Well, Goldwater wasn't a liberal, first off.

Secondly, its not that anyone is afraid of the evangelical crowd, its that they won't compromise and focus on things like abortion when the issue has been resolved nationally.

So you need them to vote for budget, economy, and things of importance, and they just won't do that. They push guys like Todd akin, and republicans lose.
Why do you care? If you do not support evangelical beliefs, no problem, move on, but don't judge. You don't want them judging you, correct? So mind your own business. To each his/her own....that is what the left wants, correct? Tolerance. If you preach it, practice it!

Old 11-08-2012, 05:36 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,324,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Why do you care? If you do not support evangelical beliefs, no problem, move on, but don't judge. You don't want them judging you, correct? So mind your own business. To each his/her own....that is what the left wants, correct? Tolerance. If you preach it, practice it!
I care because I'm a small government guy. And the evangelical line is killing the party that's supposed to be for small government.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Oh I think you know full well why. Because RWECs want to make everyone live by their religious rules. America is NOT a theocracy. Would RWECs like to live under Sharia law?
I don't care what religious rules you choose to live under or not. Just don't even think about judging what ones I choose to live under! Simple concept....live and let live and 'tolerate' those with different beliefs. That is what you lefties want, right? Well, practice what you preach!

You can live under Sharia or whatever law or religion suits your needs. Just make sure you don't judge those whom do not agree with you. That would be hypocritical, and gosh, you lefties sure aren't hypocrites are ya?

Old 11-08-2012, 05:41 AM

Quote:
I care because I'm a small government guy. And the evangelical line is killing the party that's supposed to be for small government.
I am a proud Christian and VERY much so a small government believer. So? The two can still go together for me, and I imagine a lot of other people.

What from the evangelical crowd has you cowering in fear? What do you fear is going to be forced on you? Surely nothing as big as a disasterous, healthcare TAX that GOVERNMENT forced down our throats.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:47 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,324,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
I am a proud Christian and VERY much so a small government believer. So? The two can still go together for me, and I imagine a lot of other people.

What from the evangelical crowd has you cowering in fear? What do you fear is going to be forced on you? Surely nothing as big as a disasterous, healthcare TAX that GOVERNMENT forced down our throats.
If you want to legislate individual morality, then claim you're small government, that doesn't make you right, it makes you a hypocrite.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:50 AM

Quote:
If you want to legislate individual morality, then claim you're small government, that doesn't make you right, it makes you a hypocrite.
You make no sense whatsoever. And stop trying to put words in my mouth, or MOVE ON buddy boy!

I do not attempt to 'legislate individual morality' wth are you talking about?

Old 11-08-2012, 05:52 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,350,625 times
Quote:
Well, Goldwater wasn't a liberal, first off.

Secondly, its not that anyone is afraid of the evangelical crowd, its that they won't compromise and focus on things like abortion when the issue has been resolved nationally.

So you need them to vote for budget, economy, and things of importance, and they just won't do that. They push guys like Todd akin, and republicans lose.
Well said, and they lost this election on social issues. You are right about settled issues and it is about time they tell their base the truth. And that truth is no legislation would ever make it out of the Senate that would over turn Roe. Do you know why? because they know that they would get their a$$es stomped the next election. That is what a candidiate should run on and the slogan should be reality.

I am a big Goldwater fan and like Paul the {R} party rejected him but looking at reality he was a strong advocate of state rights. And rejecting his message is why there is funding for planned parenthood, lets not forget Nixon {R} signed it in to law. I bet there was {R}s patting themselves on the back and calling themselves conservative that voted for Nixon. Funny how things do not change {Romney}.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:55 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,260,473 times
The thing is, if R's go much more socially progressive, but not as socially progressive as D's...what are the bible thumpers going to do? They'll still have to vote R or let teh D's win forever.

I don't understand why the R's just don't move left socially (but not to the same extent as D's) and pluck off people in the middle while forcing bible thumpers to come along for the ride because they have no where else to go to be honest

Old 11-08-2012, 06:00 AM

3,614 posts, read 3,494,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mufc1878 View Post
The thing is, if R's go much more socially progressive, but not as socially progressive as D's...what are the bible thumpers going to do? They'll still have to vote R or let teh D's win forever.

I don't understand why the R's just don't move left socially (but not to the same extent as D's) and pluck off people in the middle while forcing bible thumpers to come along for the ride because they have no where else to go to be honest
What are you referring to specifically that Democrats are so far left on socially that Republicans should never touch?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies