U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2012, 05:28 PM

15,202 posts, read 18,212,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Disgusting. You should be removed from this country.
"Free speech for me, but not for thee." Typical liberal response.

I wouldn't have done what hawkeye did, but I certainly don't have a problem with his expressing his feelings about the outcome of the election.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:30 PM

19,122 posts, read 22,161,284 times
I am not aware of anyone who said they would move to Australia. The place came a long way since it was a English prison colony, but since that they seem to be going backwards. A Nation of sissy's. I did get a chance to meet a Kiwi female who was all over shooting in NH, and guns not allowed in NZ or Australia. nasty things like hand guns and Ak-47's..

She literally had a Blast......

I bet our sissy lefty's would like Australia if Australia would have any.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:33 PM

2,127 posts, read 1,681,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

I wouldn't have done what hawkeye did, but I certainly don't have a problem with his expressing his feelings about the outcome of the election.
From the Flag Protection Act in 1968 to the more recent Flag Desecration Amendments, the vast majority of the politicians who have attempted to outlaw the alteration of the American flag as a form of free speech have been conservative.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:34 PM

25,393 posts, read 30,653,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
quite so,

Again, I DID NOT say I was interested in moving to Austrailia (my daughter was looking into it because she can make a decent wage as a doctor there but won't be able to under obamacare here.). I had the chance to years ago when I graduated from engineering school and declined. We had hope back then, we have none now.

It's time to batton down the hatches and hang on for the ride if you're staying. It's going to be very bad. I'm thinking of leaving. There are places where dh and I can live quite nicely on our retirement savings and watch the implosion of America from afar...

On the bright side, this is what it took to get my dh on a budget. We should be able to decrease our spending by about 20% this year...of course the flip side is that will be worth nothing in a depression and THAT is where we are headed. So, gold, silver and Canadian bonds are where we're investing and all spending is deferred. I'm too scared of where this will end. You cannot spend money like this and NOT realize that you, eventually, have to pay it back. Only a fool does that. We have a fool in the white house and a bunch of fools who

Old 11-08-2012, 05:35 PM

14,790 posts, read 13,993,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I am not aware of anyone who said they would move to Australia. The place came a long way since it was a English prison colony, but since that they seem to be going backwards. A Nation of sissy's. I did get a chance to meet a Kiwi female who was all over shooting in NH, and guns not allowed in NZ or Australia. nasty things like hand guns and Ak-47's..

She literally had a Blast......

I bet our sissy lefty's would like Australia if Australia would have any.
nah when the party that we like loses an election, we get on with it. No hand wringing, certainly no putting the flag upside down like petulant children.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:36 PM

14,790 posts, read 13,993,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Again, I DID NOT say I was interested in moving to Austrailia (my daughter was looking into it because she can make a decent wage as a doctor there but won't be able to under obamacare here.). I had the chance to years ago when I graduated from engineering school and declined. We had hope back then, we have none now.

It's time to batton down the hatches and hang on for the ride if you're staying. It's going to be very bad.

On the bright side, this is what it took to get my dh on a budget. We should be able to decrease our spending by about 20% this year...of course the flip side is that will be worth nothing in a depression and THAT is where we are headed.
we had another joke:

...those said republicans will probably end up in Austria anyway

Just kidding ... its hardly the end of the world. Doctors make more here, even though we do have universal healthcare... interesting.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:42 PM

76 posts, read 37,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Given the results of the election, I took down the American flag from my house and threw it away (along with the state flag). I was intrigued by the McDonalds who flew the US flag upside down and at half mast as a distress signal.

I have a fairly large farm which has had the American flag flying over it. The US is finished ($24 trillion in debt when Obama is out of office) and will therefore fly the American flag upside down on my farm.

They should now fly "The Jolly Roger" over the white house.
Thats ridiculous to do. Do you have so much hate for your fellow Americans that you would give up because some plutocrat lost? Get a grip. Some of us actually defended this Country and we deserve more than someone throwing away the flag

Old 11-08-2012, 05:45 PM

25,393 posts, read 30,653,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
we had another joke:

...those said republicans will probably end up in Austria anyway

Just kidding ... its hardly the end of the world. Doctors make more here, even though we do have universal healthcare... interesting.
It's not the idea of universal health care. It's how it's paid for, the extent it dictates the care you can recieve and the concessions of the medical community that will be required under obamacare. The devil is in the details. My daughter is researching countries that need doctors and where doctors can have a decent lifestyle. It's not a question of whether they have universal health care or not. All universal health care plans are not created equal. obamacare is NOT a well thought out plan and its financing spells doom. Also, I'm getting older and obamacare pretty much tells the old to just go die (I think this is how he's fixing social security (again, only a fool doesn't realize that changes MUST be made to this plan. You CANNOT just keep spending more than you have. It doesn't work!!!). America is now on a runaway train and the bridge is out!!!

I don't know why but I have a long history of seeing the writing on the wall before everyone else (and they, usually, belittle my position as people are here). 15 years ago when I was bracing for a recession, my coworkers laughed at me. They're not laughing now. I've done well financially because I brace before the impact. That gut instinct is now telling me to BRACE HARDER than I ever have before. I never sit on $130K in cash but my gut said obama could win so I sat on cash which is now going into gold and Canadian bonds. I'll sell the rest of my portfolio over the next few weeks. My gut is telling me I have more to lose now than ever and that this may be unrecoverable when it happens. The bridge is out and no one cares enough to stop the train...well some do. Almost half of us had the sense to say "HIT THE BRAKES". There just weren't enough of us to save America.

I'm not sure where I'm going. Probably wherever I find work. Or where dh finds work. I just think America, as I've known it, is done. We're on a path headed for disaster and the majority just voted to just keep going when we need to hit the brakes HARD... I'm afraid it will be too late by the time the next president is elected. All I can do is take care of me and mine now. The majority who voted for him can keep the disaster that obama made...

I'm not happy about leaving but it may be the prudent choice.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 11-08-2012 at 05:58 PM..

Old 11-08-2012, 05:52 PM

76 posts, read 37,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

Saying we disagree with what he expressed is not UN-American but he is spitting on Veterans like me by his actions.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:55 PM

14,131 posts, read 27,018,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Given the results of the election, I took down the American flag from my house and threw it away (along with the state flag). I was intrigued by the McDonalds who flew the US flag upside down and at half mast as a distress signal.

I have a fairly large farm which has had the American flag flying over it. The US is finished ($24 trillion in debt when Obama is out of office) and will therefore fly the American flag upside down on my farm.

They should now fly "The Jolly Roger" over the white house.
And you should fly a white flag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies