Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 02:50 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,246,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Maybe I'm crazy; I'm not sure. I know many will laugh at this. I just feel that now the election is finally over, and the presidency is set for four more years, I think we might have some decent times ahead for America. The war in Afghanistan is winding down and we'll hopefully have an era of peace around the corner. The economy isn't great, but is showing signs of slowly getting better.

Maybe now that the divisiveness of the election is over, Democrats and Republicans will actually be able to work together again. Time will tell. I just feel oddly optimistic right now and wanted to see if any other feel the same.
I would like to feel like you do but the main reason I supported Romney is gone and I really think the nation will suffer because of it. That would be the chance that Obamacare could have been turned aside and replaced by something that wouldn't cause so much pain and suffering for so many. It is not Obama's fault that the war is, as you say winding down, but he will be given credit for it by his people. Of course, they won't credit him with the economy he inherited by winning the election either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 02:55 PM

14,293 posts, read 9,670,860 times
Quote:
Maybe I'm crazy; I'm not sure. I know many will laugh at this. I just feel that now the election is finally over, and the presidency is set for four more years, I think we might have some decent times ahead for America. The war in Afghanistan is winding down and we'll hopefully have an era of peace around the corner. The economy isn't great, but is showing signs of slowly getting better.

Maybe now that the divisiveness of the election is over, Democrats and Republicans will actually be able to work together again. Time will tell. I just feel oddly optimistic right now and wanted to see if any other feel the same.
What has changed? Are you optimistic that Reid will finally put on federal budget or permanent tax policiy on 0bama's desk for his signature?

I'm not optimistic at all, I'm afraid obama will start getting everything he wants thru Executive Orders, his EPA, Energy Dept, Interior Dept, FDA etc..., and the republican congress will waste all their time fighting over temporary tax cuts, and let obama push his agenda.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:09 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,013,167 times
Quote:
My thinking is that now that Obama is here for four more years (like it or not) the Republicans will have to change strategy. If they try to be "the party of hell no" for another four years, it's only going to cost them more seats down the road.
Don't confuse the Presidential election with that of Congress.
The Republicans won 55 percent of the House. Their constituents voted for them to say "Hell no", just
the same as the DEM constituents do.

There will be a senate battle in 2014, and if the economy is going in the direction I think it is,
the DEMS will loose in the Senate too.

I just wish we could get more candidates in there from the Libertarian Party,
to **** off both parties.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:10 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,991,022 times
The senate has been made moot by Dirty Harry Reid and his antics. He needs to be removed from office. Too bad idiots and mobsters run Nevada.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:11 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,023,902 times
Quote:
Maybe I'm crazy;
You might be an optimist, but you certainly aren't crazy. The crazies are the one's that will keep it from happening.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:12 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,362,476 times
Quote:
My thinking is that now that Obama is here for four more years (like it or not) the Republicans will have to change strategy. If they try to be "the party of hell no" for another four years, it's only going to cost them more seats down the road.
Why? They weren't elected to go along with Obama and the democrats, they were elected to support conservative principals.

Are you going to call on the democrats to stop being "the party of hell no" to anything passed or proposed by the republicans?

More republicans were sent to Washington last week than democrats.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:14 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,423,802 times
The election is done yes. What I saw on Monday was the same I saw on Wednesday.
Nothing's changed, it will be the same BAU we saw in this administration.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:17 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,013,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The senate has been made moot by Dirty Harry Reid and his antics. He needs to be removed from office. Too bad idiots and mobsters run Nevada.
He only won, because the GOP put that idiot Sharron Angle as a candidate against him.
Believe me, mobsters had nothing to do with it. The sinners would have picked a
Libertarian

Old 11-13-2012, 03:19 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,470,644 times
Quote:
Maybe Obama will stop being a pansy and get out of Afghanistan, say "hell no" to Netanyahu, and stop persecuting pot distributors.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:55 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,174,327 times
No. Obama just came out with another failed budget idea. He refused to pass any budget in 3 years and now wants another failed idea. No serious spending cuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies