Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2012, 02:56 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Just think if we had universal healthcare these "job creators" wouldn't be firing people because then they would not have to be worrying about buying healthcare for there workers. Hmmmm I wonder which party exactly was against the "single payer option" ??? hmmmmm.....
Or......the government can just let businesses run them the way they want. And if those employees don't like it, they can look elsewhere for a job.

But, typical liberals, think they know exactly how things should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 02:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Listen, happytexan ~ I've been surviving for the past 10 years; with hard work and doing whatever I have to do to keep my house and send my kid to college.

I expect you do to the same and quit whining about it.

Now go fire your workforce and quit playing on the internet.
A bad bill passed by your party and you don't even care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It's another SKY IS FALLING whine from the Repubs. Yawn.

I have never seen such a group of whining wussies in MY life.

Do whatcha gotta do to survive. No one can blame you for that, correct?
Liberals screamed that Bain sent jobs overseas, and 170 jobs were lost. Now, businesses are shedding jobs left and right, and it's just what ya gotta do.

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Well, if there's one thing we can count on from the self-Righteous it's meaningless whiny BS.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's like these business owners are supposed to just somehow find the money to pay for this or operate at a loss to fuel their social justice agenda.
Some of these posters have no clue and don't care.
I love the assumptions that he was firing them because he's a jerk, and it's payback. More likely, he kept them on, when he could barely afford to (did you see the part where he wasn't getting paid himself?).

Old 11-08-2012, 03:00 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
But it was and is looking out for our best interests. Sometimes when someone is sick you have to help them get better and sometimes by force. This happens very often to the mentally ill. This is the position many in the GOP are in.
I agree with you in principle, but in this particular case the cure is not better than the disease. Our nation is currently staggering under an increasing debt burden, prices are going up, wages are going down, and the PPACA is going to:

~ reduce hours of part-time and some full-time workers, thereby reducing wages. This will mostly affect the "working poor" who are employed in the service and hospitality industries.

~ increase the expenditures of the middle-class, as they are now forced to purchase an "approved" health care plan, while the cost of the health care plans is not regulated other than a very sketchy 15% administrative costs rule.

These are only a couple of the issues with this law. Every facet of the PPACA is designed to increase the revenue of insurance companies, which is why insurance companies are among its biggest supporters. Let's face it, if you sold a product and the government suddenly decided to mandate that everyone had to buy your product, wouldn't you be jumping for joy?

In short, to use your analogy of forceful treatment, Obamacare would equate to my pulling your tooth in order to cure a hangnail.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:01 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
LMAO!

And if Romney won, he would have stayed in business, right? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This guy is a fake.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:02 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I love the assumptions that he was firing them because he's a jerk, and it's payback. More likely, he kept them on, when he could barely afford to (did you see the part where he wasn't getting paid himself?).
Well I just listed a number of medical device companies laying off and those numbers are in the hundreds.

But hey..it's RW BS whining and you gotta to do what you gotta to do.

Maybe Obama will create some government jobs for all these people.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:03 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,502,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I agree with you in principle, but in this particular case the cure is not better than the disease. Our nation is currently staggering under an increasing debt burden, prices are going up, wages are going down, and the PPACA is going to:

~ reduce hours of part-time and some full-time workers, thereby reducing wages. This will mostly affect the "working poor" who are employed in the service and hospitality industries.

~ increase the expenditures of the middle-class, as they are now forced to purchase an "approved" health care plan, while the cost of the health care plans is not regulated other than a very sketchy 15% administrative costs rule.

These are only a couple of the issues with this law. Every facet of the PPACA is designed to increase the revenue of insurance companies, which is why insurance companies are among its biggest supporters. Let's face it, if you sold a product and the government suddenly decided to mandate that everyone had to buy your product, wouldn't you be jumping for joy?

In short, to use your analogy of forceful treatment, Obamacare would equate to my pulling your tooth in order to cure a hangnail.
I wouldn't consider Obamacare a cure to our sickness. It's more a homeopathic treatment here. And you're right--the only real winners on this right now are insurance companies. Health-for-profit.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Everyone will become part time.

Americans have a way of working around difficult circumstances that are placed upon them.

Adapt, or become extinct.
For every action, there is a reaction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies