U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-09-2012, 08:42 AM
 
15,713 posts, read 9,210,551 times
Reputation: 14155

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
So this jerk had to cut his workforce by 19.3% simply because he's a sore loser?
Pathetic.
I'm sorry, but if this jerk who has 114 employees is not providing healthcare and has to fire nearly 20% of his company to cover the costs of it, he's not being a good employer. If he's firing people while maintaining $1,000,000 in personal income, he's being a greedy jerk. Simply put, the guy is a jerk and he has no need to fire people the day after the election when the financial impact of the election would not be felt for months (if at all).

I guarantee that he's making significantly more than his employees and never once considered taking a smaller % of the revenues of the company to save those 22 jobs. In today's marketplace, it's appalling that any employer could possibly have a single full-time employee without providing health insurance coverage. I know I'd never consider working for a company that didn't offer full healthcare coverage.

This is about greed. Like the Hardee's CEO Andy Puzder who said that it would increase the annual healthcare costs for the company from 12 to 30 million, this guy does not realize that employers have a moral obligation to pay for their employees to have subsidized health coverage. Of course the jerk Puzder made $11,000,000 last year, not to mention the 9 board members who took a grand total of $2,500,000 and the 6 other execs who all made in excess of $1,000,000...hmmm, doesn't that exceed the $18,000,000 in extra costs by a few million? Therein lies the problem with this country. These men could have fantastic lives making $500,000-1,000,000, but they want to exploit the work of their employees by paying them pathetic wages and then making those employees go out and pay for their own healthcare. It's wrong and simply immoral. If Puzder cut his salary to $750,000 he'd still be making 30x his typical employee and he'd still have plenty of stock in the company and would still be a rich guy, but the company would have an additional $10,250,000 from him alone to pay for healthcare. It's not unprecidented for a CEO to take a paycut, Jeff Bezos from Amazon.com has taken a flat salary of 81,840 for the past decade without a single tenth of a percent increase on that salary. He is still a billionaire and one of the world's richest people.
So the typical liberal spin begins. Now he laid them off because of spite? If you actually listened, you hear where he says he laid them off because he has to put money away for the upcoming tax and regulation burden coming in the future.

He DID say that he didn't take pay, to ensure his employees got paid. And since you obviously are too ignorant to understand anything about business - it's not his obligation to provide employment for ANYONE.

The hate coming from the left for small business owners is truly disgusting. But hardly surprising.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-09-2012, 08:43 AM
 
15,713 posts, read 9,210,551 times
Reputation: 14155
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
Actually, I advise small businesses on how to run themselves and the ones I advise do fantastically well.

And 110 employees is not a small business.

How about instead of saying that I don't know what I'm talking about, you say WHY? Oh, that's right, you have no actual points to make. How are my points not valid? How can you reconcile the $11,000,000 salary from the Hardee's CEO when his employees make $8.50/hr with no healthcare? How is that in any way right? He didn't build the company himself as we was not the founder, he doesn't put in 300x as much work as the poor people stuck in those dead-end jobs. However, Bezos is one of the richest people in the country precisely because he treats his employees with respect and puts every dime back into the business to grow his stock's value.

I'm a freaking financial adviser, I know PLENTY about this stuff. Business owners pay $300/hr for me to tell them how to provide their benefits to their employees to retain the best possible staff for their company.

And NOBODY I know with a full-time job outside of the self-employed people works for a company that does not provide full-time employees with healthcare. It's purely greed that drives these people.

Just look at David Siegel's $75,000,000 house and then his comments on how Obamacare would force him to fire people...clearly his greed is the reason why Obamacare hurts him, NOT the costs of the health coverage he should already be providing as an employer. And the jerk Siegel actually just gave his employees raises after the election, so even he's less of a jerk than that Vegas guy.
Pure greed that drives "these people". Says the person who charges $300 per hour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 08:44 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 72,311,213 times
Reputation: 27564
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
So the typical liberal spin begins. Now he laid them off because of spite? If you actually listened, you hear where he says he laid them off because he has to put money away for the upcoming tax and regulation burden coming in the future.

He DID say that he didn't take pay, to ensure his employees got paid. And since you obviously are too ignorant to understand anything about business - it's not his obligation to provide employment for ANYONE.

The hate coming from the left for small business owners is truly disgusting. But hardly surprising.
The left see the government operate at a loss to provide programs. Debt does not matter to the USG.
They just naturally think that private business should do the same.

We are a nation fixated on fixing social issues at all costs. Numbers are not even in this equation here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 08:51 AM
 
Location: Area 51.5
13,904 posts, read 11,445,546 times
Reputation: 9074
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
Actually, I advise small businesses on how to run themselves and the ones I advise do fantastically well.

And 110 employees is not a small business.

How about instead of saying that I don't know what I'm talking about, you say WHY? Oh, that's right, you have no actual points to make. How are my points not valid? How can you reconcile the $11,000,000 salary from the Hardee's CEO when his employees make $8.50/hr with no healthcare? How is that in any way right? He didn't build the company himself as we was not the founder, he doesn't put in 300x as much work as the poor people stuck in those dead-end jobs. However, Bezos is one of the richest people in the country precisely because he treats his employees with respect and puts every dime back into the business to grow his stock's value.

I'm a freaking financial adviser, I know PLENTY about this stuff. Business owners pay $300/hr for me to tell them how to provide their benefits to their employees to retain the best possible staff for their company.

And NOBODY I know with a full-time job outside of the self-employed people works for a company that does not provide full-time employees with healthcare. It's purely greed that drives these people.

Just look at David Siegel's $75,000,000 house and then his comments on how Obamacare would force him to fire people...clearly his greed is the reason why Obamacare hurts him, NOT the costs of the health coverage he should already be providing as an employer. And the jerk Siegel actually just gave his employees raises after the election, so even he's less of a jerk than that Vegas guy.

Uh, huh. Freaking financial advisors (you can't even spell it) don't talk like Fonzie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Excuse me, but when did Mr Siegel become his employees Mommy?
Gotta love that class warfare. I suppose if I were still living in my mommie's basement, I'd be jealous of a nice house, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 08:55 AM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,357,998 times
Reputation: 9358
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
And if Romney won he'd be out of business in a few years.
Please share with us the policies that would cause this.. Or are you just babbling again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 09:30 AM
 
Location: North Texas
23,971 posts, read 32,686,225 times
Reputation: 27468
What a douche.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 09:35 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,330 posts, read 19,500,249 times
Reputation: 18436
Default The GOP still REJECTED

Vegas business owner obviously a very ignorant and backwards person, a GOP Regressive who is part of the problem. He did those employees a FAVOR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 10:13 AM
 
Location: Barrington
45,606 posts, read 33,877,378 times
Reputation: 15181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post

And so it begins, the 0bama effect on the economy:

And so it continues, the Fox News Spin ...where everything that happens is always Obama's fault.


Wall Street Could Lose Nearly 10,000 More Jobs By End Of Next Year: New York Comptroller

Charlie Gasparino: Obama Win Means Wall Street Layoffs Coming

Inadequate regulation was the primary cause of the meltdown.
It's tougher to make a buck when someone's paying attention and asking questions.
A lot of dark money funded the GOP to influence outcomes that favored Wall Street.
Did you take note that the average compensation on Wall Street increased by 17% over the past 2 years?

Boeing Announces Big Layoffs in Defense Division - US Business News - CNBC
Nothing to do with the national election or uncertainties about 2013.

Groupon Layoffs - Business Insider
^Huge issues with their business model- nothing unique and poor value proposisition for merchants. They laid off about 650 people over the past 6 months. Most do not expect this company to survive
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 10:25 AM
 
Location: Barrington
45,606 posts, read 33,877,378 times
Reputation: 15181
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Did you folks know that the 50+ worker mandate did not begin with Obamacare? It's always been in place.
I was not aware of this. Can you provide a link to something to support this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2012, 10:29 AM
 
Location: Barrington
45,606 posts, read 33,877,378 times
Reputation: 15181
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Everyone will become part time.
There's a long time trend towards independent contracting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:35 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top