Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 10:12 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
All Hispanics if you didn't catch that already

Literally the first thing I thought--if you can afford to fire 22 people, it means you didn't actually need those 22 people. You don't keep people on payroll just to absorb your profits, just as you don't higher more people if there isn't the demand to hire them (hence why cutting taxes on "job creators" doesn't actually create jobs).

My guess was also construction, and he's probably already hiring illegal immigrants. He just doesn't need 'em so he's kicking them out, and then Blaming the president.

As I said before. I ran out of toilet-paper today, thanks Obama.
LOL..if they are illegal then he's working them off the books and they don't count
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 10:14 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,778,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
An anonymous caller to a radio show.
You're referring to the guy who announced that Mitt Romney had paid zero taxes for ten years, I assume?

Back to the subject:
Why didn't this greedy business owner just go out back and pick some more money off the money tree we all know he has?

Old 11-08-2012, 10:16 AM

7,237 posts, read 12,736,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
He's acting like a child.
Yep.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:17 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,236,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
You're referring to the guy who announced that Mitt Romney had paid zero taxes for ten years, I assume?

Back to the subject:
Why didn't this greedy business owner just go out back and pick some more money off the money tree we all know he has?
Better yet, why didn't he just go out and hire 22 more CONSERVATIVE HISPANICS, and pay them under the table?

Old 11-08-2012, 10:19 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,456,602 times
Firing people now because of something that'll happen over a year from now, when the economy might be in considerably better shape? Has he borrowed Nate Silver's crystal ball?

Old 11-08-2012, 10:20 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,377,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ Superstar View Post
This will happen all over the nation. It's going to get ugly. Everyone knew this was going to happen. It's not like it was some secret. Boeing is reducing its workforce by 30%, lower than the 2010 levels. The logical rational business consequence of Obama and Obamacare would be raising the costs of doing business. Choices of meeting Obamacare costs and the entire anti-business mentality of Obama administration means businesses are having to make decisions and they...
I own a business and I actually plan on doing this too. I voted for Romney because I believe in job creation, and since he didn't win, I'm going to destroy jobs. It's the only rational way I can think of to further my party's agenda for job creation under this administration. In order to create jobs, we must first destroy them.

1,145 posts, read 2,462,900 times
It was never going to get cancelled in the first place because the Dem's still controlled the Senate.

7,541 posts, read 6,268,282 times
stupid move on his part. Wait till he starts to pay on unemployment claims.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:22 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,778,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
over a year from now, when the economy might be in considerably better shape?
Your sense of humor is hilarious.

Or had you forgotten that health care premiums have already been rising for more than a year now, far more than usual, ever since Obamacare was passed?

Old 11-08-2012, 10:24 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,980,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
stupid move on his part. Wait till he starts to pay on unemployment claims.

As I said in another thread, all this is going to do is contribute to and grow the welfare state, in which we will all (including him) will have to pay for. He is adding more to the problem, not the solution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies