U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-11-2012, 06:01 PM

34,679 posts, read 12,067,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I am sorry for that, but I didn't see it on track to begin with.
It was on track before you showed up .

Old 11-11-2012, 06:01 PM

1,512 posts, read 845,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
In God's eyes it is sin, no matter who practises it.
What are you feelings about this issue in relation to 1 Cor 10:23:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
"Everything is permissible"--but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"--but not everything is constructive.
Quote:
We vote, because there are people for, and people against. See, you can't please everyone with votes, because someone will win, and someone will lose. Either way you vote it is always FOR one group and AGAINST the rest, and that's just the nature of the beast. Just because some people don't vote the same way as you, doesn't mean they hate you. If that was the case, they could also accuse you of hating them because you oppose their POV.
I didn't catch where you used the Bible to justify imposing your religion on others. Would you cite the verse, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
No, it most certainly does not. This is one of the foundations of logic, and you are once again using a fallacy.
Cite a source, please.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
What are you feelings about this issue in relation to 1 Cor 10:23:
It talks about food.

Quote:
I didn't catch where you used the Bible to justify imposing your religion on others. Would you cite the verse, please?
Where did I say anything about imposing anything?

Old 11-11-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
It talks about food.
I believe that he is referring to nourishment of the spirit because 10:3 says:

Quote:
They all ate the same spiritual food 4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.
But I'm assuming that there wouldn't be a shift in meaning. Any thoughts?

Quote:
Where did I say anything about imposing anything?
Do you support the government recognizing hetero-marriage?

Old 11-11-2012, 06:26 PM

10,920 posts, read 9,548,534 times
Quote:
No, I quoted you two verses from the Bible. I don't come here to play games, but apparently you do.
What? Are you denying that the quote I provided is something you said? Hell, here is the link.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/26904330-post205.html

Old 11-11-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
I believe that he is referring to nourishment of the spirit because 10:3 says:
If you had copied one more verse you would have known it is about food: "Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience for, “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it.” If an unbeliever invites you to a meal and you want to go, eat whatever is put before you without raising questions of conscience."

Old 11-11-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
What? Are you denying that the quote I provided is something you said? Hell, here is the link.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/26904330-post205.html
No, I am not denying anything, I am just saying that is not the post I was referring to. When you asked me where the Bible defines marriage between, I answered you by quoting from the Bible. Drop the games.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
If you had copied one more verse you would have known it is about food: "Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience for, “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it.” If an unbeliever invites you to a meal and you want to go, eat whatever is put before you without raising questions of conscience."
Why do you think that that excludes the continuation of the metaphor? Wouldn't the paragraphs have been separated into chapters if the subject were changed from spiritual nourishment to physical nourishment? And if not, why does 31 mention "whatever you do":

Quote:
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
Please note that I'm not saying that I'm right; I really don't know. I'm just asking for your perspective.

Last edited by The Homogenizer; 11-11-2012 at 07:20 PM..

Old 11-11-2012, 06:48 PM

2,534 posts, read 1,000,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Not Christians. They don't run the country anymore.
Not for a lack of trying.

I have yet to have one give me a good explanation why their religious rules ought be codified into civil laws, though.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:51 PM

15,251 posts, read 4,589,558 times
This discussion needs to be in the "Religion" thread.

It is irrelevant to anyone who isn't a Christian, be they Hindu, Sikh, Buddhist, Jewish, Taoist, Jain, Unitarian/Universalist, Zoroastrian, Wiccan, Pagan, Agnostic, Atheist, Non-Theist, Deist, etc.

This discussion dismisses the laws of the states of the United States, rulings of the US Supreme Court, the Constitution of the US, the electorate and citizenry of the US.

This discussion is about religious dogma, morality, and theologically vague and nebulous concept called "sin" ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies