Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 01:21 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times

Advertisements

You know what's actually scaring me? Not a Rice/Rubio ticket, but the fact that republicans are so damn desperate to find answers that they're beginning to throw feces at the wall and see what sticks. It's embarrassing.

Rice and Rubio together is so shamefully bad as an idea that I don't see how you'd have the courage to announce it. It's pathetic...and totally indicative of despair.

You don't need to run a Rice/Rubio ticket....just moderate that damn party into an organization that doesn't sound deranged. Stop hating blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, single women, schoolteachers, unions, etc...stay out of folks marriages, religions, and bedrooms, and run a candidate that has core beliefs and doesn't vacillate constantly.

Do that, and maybe someone will vote for you.

Oh yea...before I forget...turn off that damn idiot echo chamber you all listen to. Rush, Fox News, Hannity, Dick Morris, Karl Rove, and the rest of the knuckleheaded sycophants you have on that side of the aisle. They're telling you what you WANT to hear, and not near enough of what you NEED to hear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 01:23 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,543,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Ah no. They tried that with Herman Cain. The problem is deep and cannot be fixed simply by trotting out a few minority candidates. Rubio, Bobby Jindal, Clarence Thomas, Condoleeza Rice, Colin Powell, Herman Cain, Michael Steele, etc. It doesn't matter. The issue is southern strategy, Lee Atwater, the birthers, the Donald Trumps, the constant comments about blacks and latinos wanting handouts, heckling the POTUS, calling him the food stamp president, calling him a Muslim Kenyan terrorist, demanding his college transcripts, getting spray tans when you speak to Latinos and talking to them like their stupid, making negative stereotypical commercials with Asian actors who speak broken english, and passing around emails with photoshopped images of the first family's faces replaced with monkeys and watermelons on the Whitehouse lawn.

These are the issues and conservatives deal with them by defending or consenting by saying nothing at all. Anyone who says anything, gets attacked. It is insulting our intelligence when Republicans believe that this issue has been corrected by superficially trotting out minorities rather then correcting the deep-seated bigorty that lies within.
You are way, WAY off. Even minority democrats like Cornell West and Tavis Smiley disagree with the notion of the "KKK Republican Party" Myth!

The fact is the GOP is becoming more diverse and that race advantage that democrats have enjoyed is disappearing fast and the party leaders know it.

As the republican party becomes browner and browner the liberal wing of the democrat party will have to come to grips with its divisive policies and begin to try to win back traditional families and Christians since race advantage will no longer lead them to electoral victories.

Most people think THIS moment was the beginning of the end of the so-called democrat "Shield of Multi-Culturalismâ„¢":

Condoleezza Rice's RNC Speech - Election 2012 - YouTube

Old 11-10-2012, 01:26 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,307 times
Huh. I'll admit Rubio scares the absolute crap out of me. Not because of his electability (I don't think he could win at all) but because of his beliefs. If he got the party nod...lordy. It would be the first time in my voting history I voted for a Democrat. It wouldn't matter what democrat either. Anyone but him.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:29 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,947,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
You are way, WAY off. Even minority democrats like Cornell West and Tavis Smiley disagree with the notion of the "KKK Republican Party" Myth!

The fact is the GOP is becoming more diverse and that race advantage that democrats have enjoyed is disappearing fast and the party leaders know it.

As the republican party becomes browner and browner the liberal wing of the democrat party will have to come to grips with its divisive policies and begin to try to win back traditional families and Christians since race advantage will no longer lead them to electoral victories.

Most people think THIS moment was the beginning of the end of the so-called democrat "Shield of Multi-Culturalismâ„¢":

Condoleezza Rice's RNC Speech - Election 2012 - YouTube

No I am not way off and you wonder why people keep saying that Republicans are out of touch. I seriously would love to see this plan in action.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:29 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,543,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You know what's actually scaring me? Not a Rice/Rubio ticket, but the fact that republicans are so damn desperate to find answers that they're beginning to throw feces at the wall and see what sticks. It's embarrassing.

Rice and Rubio together is so shamefully bad as an idea that I don't see how you'd have the courage to announce it. It's pathetic...and totally indicative of despair.

You don't need to run a Rice/Rubio ticket....just moderate that damn party into an organization that doesn't sound deranged. Stop hating blacks, Hispanics, Muslims, single women, schoolteachers, unions, etc...stay out of folks marriages, religions, and bedrooms, and run a candidate that has core beliefs and doesn't vacillate constantly.

Do that, and maybe someone will vote for you.
You sound desperate, Detroit.

You present no facts to back up your rant...just straw-men.

The GOP is not racist, you know it and picking out one clown out of a thousand at some conservative rally won't help you win your weak case.

Without the classic democrat race advantage what is your party going to do to win back Christians and rural families (the fastest growing political sub-groups, by the way)?

Old 11-10-2012, 01:30 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,866,999 times
Quote:

Were you on planet Earth on Tuesday, when the election results came in? Did you happen to notice the massive chasm between the GOP and Democrats with Hispanics, blacks and women? I only ask because it's obvious that you're posting from somewhere out beyond reality today.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:31 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
First of all, even Rice said the Reps sent "mixed messages" to women and minorities. Look it up on the Huffpo or do a search for my posts yesterday.

Secondly, Dems were supposed to be afraid of Palin, Romney, Ryan, Santorum, and the whole lot of them. There was no such fear of them expressed Nov. 6.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:32 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,849,982 times
Quote:
Ah no. They tried that with Herman Cain. The problem is deep and cannot be fixed simply by trotting out a few minority candidates. Rubio, Bobby Jindal, Clarence Thomas, Condoleeza Rice, Colin Powell, Herman Cain, Michael Steele, etc. It doesn't matter. The issue is southern strategy, Lee Atwater, the birthers, the Donald Trumps, the constant comments about blacks and latinos wanting handouts, heckling the POTUS, calling him the food stamp president, calling him a Muslim Kenyan terrorist, demanding his college transcripts, getting spray tans when you speak to Latinos and talking to them like their stupid, making negative stereotypical commercials with Asian actors who speak broken english, and passing around emails with photoshopped images of the first family's faces replaced with monkeys and watermelons on the Whitehouse lawn.

These are the issues and conservatives deal with them by defending or consenting by saying nothing at all. Anyone who says anything, gets attacked. It is insulting our intelligence when Republicans believe that this issue has been corrected by superficially trotting out minorities rather then correcting the deep-seated bigorty that lies within.
Yup.

The very fact that they think that putting a brown or black person in front of an all-white crowd will dupe over black and brown people into voting against their own best interest and ideals highlights the very reason that the vast majority of them won't vote for that party.

I can say wholeheartedly, as a white man, that just because a guy bears a passing, general, superficial resemblance to me physically doesn't mean that we have anything in common in terms of life story, goals, beliefs, etc. I could care less if the political candidate is an Arab-American Muslim with an Asian lesbian VP as long as I think they'll help the economy and do well for the progress of this country.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:33 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
Quote:
Really? have you looked at the stats in the last election? Do you realize that only 30% of hispanics voted fro Romney? Do you realize only 35% of hispanics voted for hispanic Senator-elect Ted Cruz in the race in Texas?

Old 11-10-2012, 01:33 PM

4,726 posts, read 11,973,551 times
Quote:
It would be interesting to watch as it unfolds. I hope Condi changes her mind and they try this. Condi is also pro-life. What will all the single issue voters do? I don't thing they would make through the primaries personally, but it would still be entertaining.
Rice has described herself as "mildy pro-choice" and has said that she believes that abortion should be as infrequent a circumstance as possible, opposes late-term abortions, but is troubled by the government having a role in the matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies