Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 06:58 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Wal Mart just announced more employees will lose health insurance because of Obamacare

Wal-Mart Employees to Pay More for Health-Care Plans - US Business News - CNBC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 07:04 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Wal Mart just announced more employees will lose health insurance because of Obamacare

Wal-Mart Employees to Pay More for Health-Care Plans - US Business News - CNBC
From your article..seems any increase is a major hit to min wage part time workers.
To them..every penny does count.
Also looks like Walmart changed who can get covered. Used to be at 24 hours you were offered insurance but they upped it to 30 hours.
Hope they now go ahead and give those people the hours so they can stay covered if they want.

From OP link:

Barbara Andridge, who works at the Walmart store in Placerville, Calif., decided to drop out of a Wal-Mart plan provided for the retailer by a health management organization — when she found out that the cost was set to nearly double to $60 a month. The Wal-Mart HMO plans can be more expensive than Wal-Mart's own.

"Sixty dollars isn't a lot to some people, but when I have to think about buying winter clothes for my kids or sending my daughter to college I have to think of what is best for my children," she said. "Hopefully I'm making the right decision."

Old 11-12-2012, 07:06 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,704,681 times
You can say whatever you want, but hiring and firing employees is on Applebees and has nothing to do with Obama.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:10 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
An area franchisee is not the "Applebee's CEO."

Did you totally miss that, or did you do it on purpose?

One cheap crybaby who wants publicity, who's dodged giving his employees benefits by scheduling them 29 hours a week is in no way, shape, or form indicative of a pervasive and waiting implosion.

You know whose business isn't going to take a financial hit? Mine, because I've always treated my employees fairly and given them benefits!! It's better for my business if my employees perform well. Performance tends to be better if you have one dedicated 40-hour/week person than two 20-hour/week people who need to juggle their time, attention, and dedication between two or three jobs to make end's meet. I wish that cheapos like the Applebee's "CEO" would realize how much they're wasting with their greedy and lazy habits. My company reaps benefits in return clientele and increased cost-to-value, largely as a result of having a good staff.
Word.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:21 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
From your article..seems any increase is a major hit to min wage part time workers.
To them..every penny does count.
Also looks like Walmart changed who can get covered. Used to be at 24 hours you were offered insurance but they upped it to 30 hours.
Hope they now go ahead and give those people the hours so they can stay covered if they want.

From OP link:

Barbara Andridge, who works at the Walmart store in Placerville, Calif., decided to drop out of a Wal-Mart plan provided for the retailer by a health management organization — when she found out that the cost was set to nearly double to $60 a month. The Wal-Mart HMO plans can be more expensive than Wal-Mart's own.

"Sixty dollars isn't a lot to some people, but when I have to think about buying winter clothes for my kids or sending my daughter to college I have to think of what is best for my children," she said. "Hopefully I'm making the right decision."
Why doesn't she just swich back to the other ins. plan in the open enrollment period?

Old 11-12-2012, 07:37 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Why doesn't she just swich back to the other ins. plan in the open enrollment period?
Looks like Walmart dropped some types of coverage. They had a high deductible that they can no longer offer. Maybe she was on that.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:20 PM

724 posts, read 592,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Democrats are very well-skilled at killing jobs, and that's been the case for decades, with ObamaCare being the latest boneheaded example.

Given Obama's hostility to HSA as well as a desire to raise that 7.5% figure to 10%, it's also pretty obbvious the Democrats aren't the party of the middle class and/or the little guy, and haven't been for decades.
Personal disposable income has grown nearly 6 times more under Democratic presidents
Gross Domestic Product (GDP) has grown 7 times more under Democratic presidents
Corporate profits have grown over 16% more per year under Democratic presidents (they actually declined under Republicans by an average of 4.53%/year)
Average annual compound return on the stock market has been 18 times greater under Democratic presidents (If you invested $100k for 40 years of Republican administrations you had $126k at the end, if you invested $100k for 40 years of Democrat administrations you had $3.9M at the end)
Republican presidents added 2.5 times more to the national debt than Democratic presidents
The two times the economy steered into the ditch (Great Depression and Great Recession) were during Republican, laissez faire administrations

Nice try though, unfortunatly for you, history is on our side.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:24 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
The true victim is anyone who eats at Applebee's. Gack.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:30 PM

724 posts, read 592,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
95% of the nation had insurance already..
about 70% of americans have insurance. Thats 30% without for the mathmatically challenged.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:31 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponypenny View Post
Applebee's is in Canada and doesn't cry about paying for universal health care there? Why do they wine about it here?
Do businesses directly pay for their employee's healthcare in Canada?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies