Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 07:30 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,904,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.X View Post
Obama: "the best has yet to come"....

Is Obamacare Pushing Private Practice Doctors Over The Cliff? 83% Surveyed Say They Are Thinking of Quitting!

KEY FINDINGS

90% say the medical system is on the WRONG TRACK
No disagreement here!
Quote:
83% say they are thinking about QUITTING
Until reality sets in, what else could they do to generate the income they have?
Quote:
61% say the system challenges their ETHICS
Don't understand this finding?
Quote:
85% say the patient-physician relationship is in a TAILSPIN
It is for a couple reasons:
With the internet some of their God Like decisions can actually be questioned just like any other profession.
It is rapidly becoming "all about the money"
Quote:
65% say GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT is most to blame for current problems
Wish it was that easy, add the insurance companies, the doctors themselves, big pharma, pandering politicians, and of course the patients themselves with unreasonable expectations.
72% say individual insurance mandate will NOT result in improved access care
Quote:
49% say they will STOP accepting Medicaid patients
Some are but many can't or they will be without a practice.
Quote:
74% say they will STOP ACCEPTING Medicare patients, or leave Medicare completely
What a crock! Most doctors unless they are in an extremely wealthy section of the country would go broke without Medicare!
Quote:
52% say they would rather treat some Medicaid/Medicare patient for FREE
Yes and pigs fly and the moon is made of cheese!
Quote:
57% give the AMA a FAILING GRADE representing them
The AMA is part of the problem, not the solution.
Quote:
1 out of 3 doctors is HESITANT to voice their opinion
Since when?
[quote]2 out of 3 say they are JUST SQUEAKING BY OR IN THE RED financially[quote]
What a joke, maybe if the 2 out of 3 would match their spending with their income this problem would disappear. Just look at what vehicle your doctor and their families drive, check out their home, SECOND home, etc., etc..............
Quote:
95% say private practice is losing out to CORPORATE MEDICINE
True, like mom and pop losing out to Wal-Mart
Quote:
80% say DOCTORS/MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS are most likely to help solve things
Sure, I'd like to see the suggestions other than just letting the uninsured die
Quote:
70% say REDUCING GOVERNMENT would be single best fix.

DPMA Foundation : Physician Attitudes on Medicine - National Survey
No surprise here,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 07:31 AM

68 posts, read 52,464 times
Italian cardiologists arrested over experiments..

Socialized health care at it's finest----a glimpse into our future.....

Italian cardiologists arrested over experiments - New York News | NYC Breaking News

Last edited by DR.X; 11-11-2012 at 07:41 AM..

Old 11-11-2012, 07:32 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
That people voted for death panels scares the heck out of me. Just get the old out of the way. We don't need them. They have no value to us.

What do you expect from the pro abortion crowd. The only life that matters to them is theirs. I'm just surprised they can't see that one day they will be old and the panel will be deciding if they get care in order to live or are left to die. Maybe they think they're going to find the fountain of youth and never face the panel they just voted for.

My doctor and I should decide my care not some panel.
Round us old white guys up and shoot us . Teach us a lesson

Old 11-11-2012, 07:33 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,904,667 times
Quote:
That people voted for death panels scares the heck out of me. Just get the old out of the way. We don't need them. They have no value to us.

What do you expect from the pro abortion crowd. The only life that matters to them is theirs. I'm just surprised they can't see that one day they will be old and the panel will be deciding if they get care in order to live or are left to die. Maybe they think they're going to find the fountain of youth and never face the panel they just voted for.

Hey you and your doctor DO decide your care 100%, you just might have to pay for it yourself instead of the insurance company. Who pays is the question, not the care!

Old 11-11-2012, 07:35 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
[quote=GreggT;26902969]No disagreement here!

Until reality sets in, what else could they do to generate the income they have?

Don't understand this finding?

It is for a couple reasons:
With the internet some of their God Like decisions can actually be questioned just like any other profession.
It is rapidly becoming "all about the money"

Wish it was that easy, add the insurance companies, the doctors themselves, big pharma, pandering politicians, and of course the patients themselves with unreasonable expectations.

Some are but many can't or they will be without a practice.

What a crock! Most doctors unless they are in an extremely wealthy section of the country would go broke without Medicare!

Yes and pigs fly and the moon is made of cheese!

The AMA is part of the problem, not the solution.

Since when?
[quote]2 out of 3 say they are JUST SQUEAKING BY OR IN THE RED financially
Quote:
What a joke, maybe if the 2 out of 3 would match their spending with their income this problem would disappear. Just look at what vehicle your doctor and their families drive, check out their home, SECOND home, etc., etc..............

True, like mom and pop losing out to Wal-Mart

Sure, I'd like to see the suggestions other than just letting the uninsured die

No surprise here,
What the heck we don't need doctors just the 15 on the panel to tell us when to die.
Shoot these doctors can quit and support themselves with food stamps and welfare the rich guys can pay for all ofnus

Old 11-11-2012, 07:37 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,356,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.X View Post
Obama: "the best has yet to come"....

Is Obamacare Pushing Private Practice Doctors Over The Cliff? 83% Surveyed Say They Are Thinking of Quitting!

KEY FINDINGS

90% say the medical system is on the WRONG TRACK
83% say they are thinking about QUITTING
61% say the system challenges their ETHICS
85% say the patient-physician relationship is in a TAILSPIN
65% say GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT is most to blame for current problems
49% say they will STOP accepting Medicaid patients
74% say they will STOP ACCEPTING Medicare patients, or leave Medicare completely
52% say they would rather treat some Medicaid/Medicare patient for FREE
57% give the AMA a FAILING GRADE representing them
1 out of 3 doctors is HESITANT to voice their opinion
2 out of 3 say they are JUST SQUEAKING BY OR IN THE RED financially
95% say private practice is losing out to CORPORATE MEDICINE
80% say DOCTORS/MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS are most likely to help solve things
70% say REDUCING GOVERNMENT would be single best fix.

DPMA Foundation : Physician Attitudes on Medicine - National Survey
This is how things are now. NOW. Before most of the medical reforms happen in 2014. So how is this the fault of Obama? Things have been a mess for years with rising insurance costs, cost of care, HMO's ect. etc. All before Obama was even elected the first time. Why does Obama get all the blame when it's been a looming crisis for over a decade or more? Do you think it's possible that the insurance lobbies and the politicians they own bear more than a little of the blame? It's so wrong to put all this on this President.

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
Hey you and your doctor DO decide your care 100%, you just might have to pay for it yourself instead of the insurance company. Who pays is the question, not the care!
So it's only the poor who will be left to die...nice...really nice...

And it won't be just the poor. Have you looked at the price of cancer treatments? My FIL was on medications that cost $1000/week during his. This was in his 70's. He lived to be 88. Under obummercare he would have had to choose either bankrupting his family or dying. I'm appalled people voted for this. How inhumane can you get but what do you expect from the pro abortion crowd. The only life that counts is mine and they're stupid enough to think they'll never be that 70 year old with cancer who could live to be 100 if treated who is turned down for payment of treatment and must choose between leaving their family a legacy of debt or death.

If this is what America has become, I'm not sure I want to live here. Not that any of you care. You don't and I know it but it's a sad, sad day.

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:

No --- Obama has explicitly said they are not to be called death panels, you must call them independent commissions instead. It will be an "independent commission" that will decide if you can live or must die.

Yes, the pro-abortion crowd wouldn't have any trouble with forced euthanasia either, when you become "inconvenient" then you must have your life taken from you.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:39 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,356,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
No --- Obama has explicitly said they are not to be called death panels, you must call them independent commissions instead. It will be an "independent commission" that will decide if you can live or must die.

Yes, the pro-abortion crowd wouldn't have any trouble with forced euthanasia either, when you become "inconvenient" then you must have your life taken from you.
Death panels already exist. They are called "insurance companies".

Old 11-11-2012, 07:40 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
So it's only the poor who will be left to die...nice...really nice...
I doubt that's what Obama has planned. He's promised unlimited care to impoverished illegals and also excempted them from having to pay for his Obamacare -- I think they'll look at if you paid into social security or have been a taxpayer all your life --- and that will be a big factor for the commissioners and have them in favor of deciding against you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies