Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 05:11 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,033,677 times

Advertisements

It's a good thing the economy was doing great until Obama took office... Seriously, why do we have to keep spelling this out to the right wingnuts?

The economy crashed in 2008 thanks to years of bad economic polices, and both sides are to blame. Then, trillions of dollars were handed over to the bankers and nobody in power did anything to stop this. Finally, Obama took office.

He's certainly not a great president by any stretch of the definition, but since he's been hamstrung by far-righters who are more worried about what goes in the bedrooms of consenting adults vs. the nation's failing economy, it's hard to pin the relative lack of progress solely on him. There's no shortage of blame to hand out on both sides of the aisle, but the flat-out admission by the far right that they are more concerned with destroying Obama than they are with governing the nation means that they should also be given the lion's share of the blame for the absolute failure in leadership since they took power.

Many of those on foodstamps probably once had decent jobs. Where did those jobs go? Did Obama "magically" make them vanish? Or, maybe they were sent overseas thanks to decades of bad economy policies that have encouraged offshoring to benefit the elite and punish the working class? Or, perhaps the poor American workers were replaced with illegal aliens - good thing the Republicans are tough on them vs. the Democrats! Except they are not - both parties will do anything to get a vote and score points with their corporate masters.

Many of those on foodstamps still have jobs. Terrible, poorly paying jobs. Jobs that don't pay enough for them to afford food and shelter. Well, that's okay. After all, as Herman Cain said, ""Don't blame Wall Street, don't blame the big banks - if you don't have a job and you're not rich, blame yourself!" Clearly, the Republicans have a solution to the problem - blame yourself! Don't blame those who created the situation or who profited from it - blame yourself! Because self-loathing and a fanatical blindness to the abuse of power is clearly the recipe for success!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 05:13 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Are you forgetting that states have added additional taxes on the rich ?
Cities and counties will also jump on that tax the rich bandwagon.

How many government entities can "tax the rich" and for how much ?
Do you think there will be no fallout from this ?
gee Tex. You driving yer 400,000 dollars combine this year one time or two? The price of that danged diesel is purty high if you ask me. Does yers burn 1000 gallons at a time or 1,500?

You think everyone we feed really needs to eat this year?

By geeesus have you seen the size of them city gals.... lookin like they could be the ZOO!

Ya know after that drought i ain't too sure i even want to start my combine up atall...

(you know i ain't tawkin at you right? You just made a good leader)

Old 11-11-2012, 05:24 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,683,101 times
[quote=Mike Rogers;26909595]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Foodstamps Surge By Most In One Year To New All Time Record, In Delayed Release | ZeroHedge

[b]The economy is really turning around.

Thanks Obama!

This is exactly how Obama wants it. A government dependent America. He's not creating any jobs, instead giving half the country FREE STUFF. This is the only reason he won the election, give enough people free stuff and they will afraid of losing it if someone else is elected. Worked like magic, make Romney out to be this mean, bad rich guy who wants to help the rich and hurt everyone else. At this rate in 4 years there will be 60 million people on food stamps, and the national debt will be over 20 trillion dollars. The people that voted for Obama will live to regret it in the next 4 years.
I heard a conversation between a Ron Paul and an Obama supporter that went something like this:

Ron Paul supporter: Who are you voting for this year?
Obama supporter: I am voting for Obama because he helped me. He helped me by letting me stay on unemployment for 99 weeks and on my parent's health insurance until my 26th birthday.
Ron Paul supporter: So you believe health care is a right and your parents should support you until you are almost 30?
Obama supporter: Yeah, I do.
Ron Paul supporter: Why not try to better yourself and get your own health insurance?
Obama supporter: Well...I just don't believe that there is anything out there I can do. I would like to teach English overseas, but my girlfriend is here. I thought about going for my CDL, but I am not single anymore. I need the government to help me.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:37 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I think the congress is working on a bill to put the breaks on freebies. At least that is what my congressman's aid told me when she called in response to concern I had about nobody verifying income for reduced and free lunch recipients.

Some states do not permit purchasing frivolous items with food stamps. Some do.

The biggest lobbying for food stamp expansion is grocery chains, food producers and fast food chains. They are the ones making out like bandits.

Y'all get on here beeching about lazy people on food stamps. It would not be possible for them to sit on their arses eating Big Macs if they did not have some powerful helpers. The R's control the house. Let them stop expanding the program. All they need to do is cut the funding.

Well, we see how even hinting at cutting spending worked out for Romney.

No, the genie is out of the bottle.

Anyone who says no to the mooches will be voted out of office.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:47 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Welcome brother, I have seen the light as well!

I voted for Romney and now I see the errors of my ways.

Down with the old America and up with the New!

Every American should be entitled to minimum things such as:

1. Free cell phone
2. Free food
3. Free place to live
4. Free car (why not, everyone needs to get around?)
5. Guaranteed living wage even for those not working. $30,000 per year per working person sounds about right so those working for near minimum wage, say they are earning $18,000 making pizzas, gets them a check every month for $1,000 from the US treasury making up the difference.
6. Free healthcare and along with it free rubbers, maxipads and anything else we might need.
7. Free cable television to keep up on the news so we can make proper decisions when voting for Obama. Free internet too.
8. America is a nation of immigrants and I demand we open all our borders now to all who want to come.

How is that for a progressive start?
That's exactly the way they see it.

Anyone who is unemployed who voted for Obama very obviously does not want to work. Obama is bringing in "immigrants" right and left, promising them that he'll get them good paying American jobs, no more of that picking lettuce. No sir'ree.

Anyone who believes in open borders and rewarding all those who are coming illegally and allowing unlimited immigration really does not believe that there needs to be jobs for the American people.

What's even worse -- Americans are being forced to pay for all this Obamacare now, but Obama very considerately has let illegals off the hook -- they can expect unlimited health care but they aren't expected to pay anything.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:49 PM

28 posts, read 53,919 times
[quote=redroses777;26909811]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Rogers View Post

I heard a conversation between a Ron Paul and an Obama supporter that went something like this:

Ron Paul supporter: Who are you voting for this year?
Obama supporter: I am voting for Obama because he helped me. He helped me by letting me stay on unemployment for 99 weeks and on my parent's health insurance until my 26th birthday.
Ron Paul supporter: So you believe health care is a right and your parents should support you until you are almost 30?
Obama supporter: Yeah, I do.
Ron Paul supporter: Why not try to better yourself and get your own health insurance?
Obama supporter: Well...I just don't believe that there is anything out there I can do. I would like to teach English overseas, but my girlfriend is here. I thought about going for my CDL, but I am not single anymore. I need the government to help me.
You didn't actually hear this conversation, I'd bet.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:56 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
gee Tex. You driving yer 400,000 dollars combine this year one time or two? The price of that danged diesel is purty high if you ask me. Does yers burn 1000 gallons at a time or 1,500?

You think everyone we feed really needs to eat this year?

By geeesus have you seen the size of them city gals.... lookin like they could be the ZOO!

Ya know after that drought i ain't too sure i even want to start my combine up atall...

(you know i ain't tawkin at you right? You just made a good leader)
I wish..I love looking at those huge JD machines. Out here by me there's only one person that has one of those bad boys and he does all the area corn fields. Very few farmers have all their own equipment anymore. They all tend to have various ones and the community share come planting/harvest time.
There's no big ag out here and I like it that way.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:20 PM

225 posts, read 369,039 times
Food Stamp Experience Today:

A white lady and "presumed" husband walked inside a gas station today. No big deal though, everybody doing their own thing. However I see that she is acting nervous before she gets to the attendant. Before I walked to the cash register, she is about to say something but abruptly stopped before I got to the register. However; I seen something that I wanted and went back to get it. Then the lady proceeds to say, in a whisper w/ her hands beside her face, "do you guys accepts food stamps." The attendant says no, and she leaves red faced.

Whats so shocking is, the lady and her presumed husband got into a brand new infiniti g37 and put 5.00 dollars worth of gas in the car. (They parked right across the pump from me ) The presumed couple had a nice middle class persona about them & was located in a high income area of Atlanta. But yet needed food stamps. * scratches head"

I'm pretty sure they didn't want the "government handout" or they might had. Who knows? However we don't know anybody personally finances or struggles. We presume we know because of CNN/FOX/MSNBC/local news or the entire ghetto, minorities, lazy stigma. I think its funny as hell. I can not help but laugh now because we are quick to judge people. Do you think they deserve Food Stamps. Who knows?

I just hope you guys do not have anything happen to your finances.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:46 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Anyone who says no to the mooches will be voted out of office.
See above.... and Obama knows it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeStudentinAtl View Post
"do you guys accepts food stamps." The attendant says no, and she leaves red faced.

Whats so shocking is, the lady and her presumed husband got into a brand new infiniti g37 and put 5.00 dollars worth of gas in the car. (They parked right across the pump from me ) The presumed couple had a nice middle class persona about them & was located in a high income area of Atlanta. But yet needed food stamps. * scratches head"

I'm pretty sure they didn't want the "government handout" or they might had.

Not all people are proud to be on food stamps even though Obama is doing everything to keep them there. The people who like it could care less and even brag about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeStudentinAtl View Post
I just hope you guys do not have anything happen to your finances.
Of course bad things are going to happen to peoples finances just like it happened to the lady you are talking about. There are going to be more just like her.

When you vote to attack other americans then you deserve it when it happens to you. If they didn't see how badly Obama was hurting the economy and prepare for it what else can they do?... go on food stamps just like Obama wants it.

Last edited by petch751; 11-11-2012 at 08:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies