Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2012, 09:57 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

I don't see pappy beeching he's just telling folks how it is. YOu continue to scream about his lifestyle though. Folks don't deliver pizza's? Why aren't they provided a car? Why is pappy sitting in his mansion while folks have to drive around their own cars to deliver pizza? Where is Obama on this issue? Why not use those clunker cars? What happened to the clunkers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 09:58 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
they can make all they want. just don't cry I can't afford to give my employees benefits without raising prices or lay offs when you live an extra ordinarily grand lifestyle. papa john is a great example of greed and selfishness
You are describing Obama to a T, don't you think?

"Just don't cry I can't afford to give taxpayers benefits without raising taxes or laying off the military, yet me and my political cronies live an extra ordinarily grand lifestyle." THEY are a great example of greed and selfishness.

Funny, it's always "different" when it doesn't fit the liberal class warfare narrative, isn't it?

Old 11-14-2012, 10:06 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,135,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Papa John's is a franchise business, not a corporation that runs all the stores.

Each franchise is owned and run by individuals similar to a small business with a certain percentage going to the franchiser.
Well, in that case, most Papa Johns will be unaffected by Obamacare since those individual franchises probably don't employ more than 50 employees.
So why are they raising the cost of pizza again?

Old 11-14-2012, 10:10 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So now you are calling for him to be silenced? A true liberal stance for sure. He should shut up and be silenced but everybody else has a right to say what they think.
Where is her post did she say he should be silenced? Dear old Papa John has the right to say whever he wants. And I have the right to eat wherever I want.

Case closed.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:10 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Well, in that case, most Papa Johns will be unaffected by Obamacare since those individual franchises probably don't employ more than 50 employees.
So why are they raising the cost of pizza again?
maybe because the insurance they offer today isn't qualifying and they have to change plans ?

I don't know details about Papa John's but Walmart did put out details.
Walmart has to drop some of the lower cost plans because they aren't qualifying.
They had to move their people up to higher cost plans with higher premiums.
Since Walmart doesn't produce a good they could not pass the cost off to the consumer; the employees need to foot the higher premium.

Maybe Papa John's is raising prices so they don't have to raise premiums ?
Did that ever occur to you ?

And FYI, it's not just "50 employees", it's 50 full time employees with full time being 30 hours per week.

If you have publicly subsidized insurance then why shouldn't the public pay for it either in taxes or higher priced goods ?
You either send in the money yourself in taxes or you pay higher price for goods and the employer sends that money to DC in their taxes.

Either way the public always end up paying.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:26 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Flip side, unless it's really changed, easterners have no idea what decent beer is. The NW is beervana!
It's really changed. New England, New York, Philadephia and other parts eastern are flush with quality breweries. It did take a while admittedly. The Northeast is producing a lot of GABF medals.

Plus, don't you know Colorado/New Mexico is eclipsing the PNW as the beer nirvana? Ok, Ok, I'm not trying to start a fight here :-)

Old 11-14-2012, 01:14 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
It took me a minute.....

But, oooooh........that is so bad. LOL
Oh, at the time I had a million of them.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:33 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,101,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Who are you to say how much an owner of a business should make? That is the problem with you liberals. You think there is some magical cutoff and anything else should be given to you. And you call others greedy.
Typically, that cutoff point is exactly where the "rich" start making more money than them.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:38 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I really don't associate chain Pizza as actual Pizza...

Homemade is so much better!

Old 11-14-2012, 08:49 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
It's really changed. New England, New York, Philadephia and other parts eastern are flush with quality breweries. It did take a while admittedly. The Northeast is producing a lot of GABF medals.

Plus, don't you know Colorado/New Mexico is eclipsing the PNW as the beer nirvana? Ok, Ok, I'm not trying to start a fight here :-)
LOL...other controversies! I grew up around Buffalo, left in '94. At that time there was only one microbrew in the area that I knew of. Out west, every small city has a couple...life is good! Got a growler here...need to run to town and get it refilled right now. Glad to hear that things have changed. I don't know if anyone has eclipsed Bend, Oregon for micro-brewpubs per capita. Now...if only someone can figure out how to make a decent order of wings west of the Mississippi!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies