Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 11:59 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times

Advertisements

So "we" is who? Only lunatic liberals shopt and wholefoods, trader joes and wegmans? Is that what you really think? Do you do exit polls across the country? I'm sure you think like your buddy up above that only "wingnuts" eat pizza from papa johns too. But only liberals did prior to the election right? The mind of a liberal is very dysfunctional I know but this is going overboard. Get help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 12:06 AM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So "we" is who? Only lunatic liberals shopt and wholefoods, trader joes and wegmans? Is that what you really think? Do you do exit polls across the country? I'm sure you think like your buddy up above that only "wingnuts" eat pizza from papa johns too. But only liberals did prior to the election right? The mind of a liberal is very dysfunctional I know but this is going overboard. Get help.
There you go again with that broad brush..Easy there fella. Your master Papa John will be ok. I didn't say there weren't some wingnuts who patronize those places, they were simply used as an illustration. Wingnuts will support ANYTHING that remotely knocks this President to the point of shoveling more money into a billionaires pockets with no improvement in product or situation for employees. It's sad that you're getting played the way you are and don't realize it.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:07 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Looks like you folks can't eat at Applebees either. More to come. Best update your lists.

Calls to boycott Applebee's after CEO threatens hiring freeze and layoffs over Obamacare | Mail Online
And that would be a loss how? I tend not to eat at chain restaurants in the first place, so it's really no loss to me to quit eating at restaurants I would never enter in the first place. As a patriotic American, I tend to support local businesses and restauranteurs, because they are the ones that hire local people and create economic growth in my community. Local restaurants also tend to hire a lot of college students, a group of people that I support, and I know from experience that the money they make in tips helps them to pay their tuition.

After all, I used to be that college student, and the money I made waiting tables for local restaurants supplemented my scholarship money and helped me reduce my student loan debt. The fact that big food corporations are changing their hiring or scheduling policies won't affect me at all; I'll still keep supporting local businesses, just as I always have. And, because I worked as an undergraduate for local business, I'll encourage other young people to do so as well. You'll probably be better treated, and you will make more money in tips. I tip service employees at least 20%; I doubt the average Applebees patron does. If corporate America is going to screw their employees, then their employees should look to true small local businesses for redress.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
There you go again with that broad brush..Easy there fella. Your master Papa John will be ok. I didn't say there weren't some wingnuts who patronize those places, they were simply used as an illustration. Wingnuts will support ANYTHING that remotely knocks this President to the point of shoveling more money into a billionaires pockets with no improvement in product or situation for employees. It's sad that you're getting played the way you are and don't realize it.
No what happened is you lost yourself in your own hypocrisy with your broad brush painting. Pay attention before you post your nonsense next time and you won't get caught so easily.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
And that would be a loss how? I tend not to eat at chain restaurants in the first place, so it's really no loss to me to quit eating at restaurants I would never enter in the first place. As a patriotic American, I tend to support local businesses and restauranteurs, because they are the ones that hire local people and create economic growth in my community. Local restaurants also tend to hire a lot of college students, a group of people that I support, and I know from experience that the money they make in tips helps them to pay their tuition.

After all, I used to be that college student, and the money I made waiting tables for local restaurants supplemented my scholarship money and helped me reduce my student loan debt. The fact that big food corporations are changing their hiring or scheduling policies won't affect me at all; I'll still keep supporting local businesses, just as I always have. And, because I worked as an undergraduate for local business, I'll encourage other young people to do so as well. You'll probably be better treated, and you will make more money in tips. I tip service employees at least 20%; I doubt the average Applebees patron does. If corporate America is going to screw their employees, then their employees should look to true small local businesses for redress.
What does being patriotic have to do with eating at a local restaurant?? Are you only patriotic to your town? You make no sense. What a shock.

Now you know what the average Applebees patron tips? Do you stand around keepign count? Are you saying Appllebee customers are tight wads? Where do you people come up with these ridiculous ideas?

If corporate America was screwing their employees over so much guess what..............they wouldn't have any employees. Folks would find a job somewhere else. At least the ones who are smart would. Maybe only liberals work for corporate America?? I don't know. You folks seem to know where democrats and republicans and "wingnuts" shop and eat and how much everybody tips and on and on so you must know where they work too.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:02 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
I'm going to switch to Domino's like Mackenzie Phillips did when she stopped eating Papa John's.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:17 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I don't know why they'd announce a price increase so boldly, but hell I don't really want to pay $0.5 more for a half-assed pizza from them. Anyone agree?
On the list of things liberals, actually most voters in general, never think about are pass down costs. In their sc*ew the business owners thought process or their environmental thought process libs/voters in general never consider that things like business owners paying more for taxes, electrity, health insurance or gasoline means the prices at the stores are going up as those increases are passed along to consumers in their purchases of products and services. So, tell me again how Obama is for the little guy?

When O says under him electricity costs under him are going to necessarily skyrocket as he goes after the coal industry, he means it. All the environmentalists applaud. They are supposedly the same people for the poor and middle class. It's just that at election time, the GOP is god-awful in explaining to people how the "war on coal" impacts the middle class and poor at the stores through pass down costs. Everyone just thinks their own electric bill will go up a little. Example Only: If the guy running the dough factory has to pay more for electricity or the gasoline for his trucks that deliver to the stores, he charges the pizza places more for the dough. The pizza places, in turn, charge more for their pizza, make their "large" pizzas smaller, lay off a few people or cut their hours to make up for being charged more by the dough guys. Tell me again who suffers from the war on coal? It's not just coal miners in West Virginia or Ohio, for example, that people who live on the East and West coasts or big cities don't seem to care about (or can't see from their house), that are impacted.

And when gasoline prices go up because we can't drill domestically without a lot of jazz from lib administrations/politicians it's not just pain/sacrifice for individuals at the gas pump. Businesses that sell you products and services and have stuff delivered to them by makers are charged more by those makers for the fuel to get stuff delivered from the ports/factories to the businesses. Pass down costs. The stores/businesses in turn, that deal directly with the consumer, pass those costs down to people (poor, middle class and rich) who buy their products and services or they lay off a few people or cut their hours so they don't have to raise prices. Tell me again who the war on domestic drilling hurts and how much it hurts them.

And who is really paying for Obamacare?

Old 11-12-2012, 04:01 AM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
exactly...if it aint from a local long island/brooklyn pizzeria, it aint real pizza
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
And we all know wingnuts can't live without pizza and fast food, just look at them waddle....
I think you lefties need to get your story straight....New York has been a dem state for how long?..........and the best pizza....is in New York.....Yea...watch them waddle....

Old 11-12-2012, 05:15 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Why not be honest? It's not a lousy 50 cents you're up set about, you just want to punish them because he doesn't support Obamacare.
Honestly, he should be punished for calling his conglomeration of ingredients pizza

Old 11-12-2012, 05:28 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Man, please, we're the ones who shop at places like wholefoods, trader joes and wegmans. Liberals don't have a problem with paying higher prices for quality, we have a problem with someone trying to hoodwink us. Papa John is peddling cheap hustle pies and trying to use the election as a reason to raise prices. They know the foxnews androids would buy it and quickly go peddle it to the masses like the loyal pawns you are.
Thank you! It's not like Papa John's or Applebee's was getting my business anyway so . . . I'll just continue my natural aversion.

Retublicans love these types of places and I'm sure they are quite sad to have to pay more for their carbohydrates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies