Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 08:06 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
It doesn't matter what Obama says about it being on net or gross, because, first, the tax is on PERSONAL INCOME, or your salary from the business, rather than the profits from the business. They're talking about raising the top marginal tax rate--for PERSONAL income--your personal salary--a couple of percentage points. The business taxes are different. They're paid on the amount you have left over, after you pay all of your employees, your bills, and yourself, and that's filed separately. Obama (and the republicans) have talked repeatedly on the need to lower business, or corporate taxes, because ours are some of the highest in the world, although we have a ton of loopholes that big companies can take advantage of to pay nothing. If they lower the corporate tax rate, and cut the loopholes, it would make the system much more fair, and it would be a great move to promote small business development and to encourage foreign investment.
You are so right on most of this but, yes, the man will have to tell the Congressmen what part of the business he intends to tax for income tax. I don't think talking like he has been doing is anywhere near the truth and he is going to have to awaken although most of his followers won't understand that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 08:08 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
Defining poor, as a cashflow of $250k or less a year.

Just curious does anyone recieve their paycheck from a person, business or company that has less cashflow then $250k a year.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Any person who has ran a business knows that customers are the ones that pay your paycheck.

Most of these customers make less than 250K, heck most of them make less than 55K, unless your business is to sell Ferraris to people like Romney

Old 11-12-2012, 08:09 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I work in a refinery. We produce gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, and a bunch of other products, but consumers pay my salary.

Consumers are the poor, working class, middle class, upper class, rich, wealthy, state governments, city governments, businesses, military, etc.

Basically anyone or any entity that buys our product is paying my salary. So yes poor people are helping to pay my salary. Reality more conservatives should start dealing with it.
What you seem to want to believe just isn't true, at all. Sure your employer, who pays your salary, gets their money from consumers but then not one consumer pays you. Actually I wonder how you can think like that.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:12 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,645,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Any person who has ran a business knows that customers are the ones that pay your paycheck.

Most of these customers make less than 250K, heck most of them make less than 55K, unless your business is to sell Ferraris to people like Romney
So if you work for walmart, its not a big company.

Its customers paying walmart wages, so why are we even ever focusing on walmart as a company, we should focus on the customers...

you guys are looking too deep into the money.

the owner of a company, or the "entity" of a corporation get the revenue and disburse it accordingly. If there higher taxes, either there are cuts in payroll, parts, or owner/corporate salaries.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:14 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
So if you work for walmart, its not a big company.

Its customers paying walmart wages, so why are we even ever focusing on walmart as a company, we should focus on the customers...

you guys are looking too deep into the money.

the owner of a company, or the "entity" of a corporation get the revenue and disburse it accordingly. If there higher taxes, either there are cuts in payroll, parts, or owner/corporate salaries.
You tax the customers, which is what Republicans want to do, they won't shop and Walmart will go out of business.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:14 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
What you seem to want to believe just isn't true, at all. Sure your employer, who pays your salary, gets their money from consumers but then not one consumer pays you. Actually I wonder how you can think like that.
I don't believe anything. My employer's revenues comes from consumers. I listed the various consumers and a lot of our consumers are poor.

So poor consumers of our product along with a lot of others contribute to revenues which pay my salary. This is objective reality.

So yes the poor are paying my salary.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:25 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Are you serious......do YOU really BELIEVE this is the type of people we speak of or people who are disabled, really disabled..... not someone who found a doctor to lie for them, because they're in a little pain and have blown it out of porportion for "FREE MONEY"....

If you people are going to stick up for all of the poor please get out and see who among us believe they are poor and been victims of society. I believe some are victims and some have brought it on their selves.

From most of your postings you people really don't know how many people scam the system that you whole heartily stick up for.
I work in the insurance industry; I'm well aware of how many times the system is scammed. What I don't believe is that the people doing the scamming are all Democrats ~ as the talking points would have us believe.

What I don't believe is that this scamming is somehow all new - and a direct result of the current administration (or any ONE administration) - insurance/Medicare/disability/Workers Comp fraud has been alive and well for many years. It's quite expensive to fight it, which is why it continues to thrive.

Any administration could have opted to limit this fraud; none have.

When your party refers to takers vs makers - they do not specify ~ it's the one time you all are all inclusive.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:45 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,645,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
You tax the customers, which is what Republicans want to do, they won't shop and Walmart will go out of business.
Actually they want to cut their taxes too....

as well as cut spending...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies