Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 02:53 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Roy, they're too busy heckling.
I decided I should just step in and join them since they stole this thread and it seems it belongs to them. I am here for fun and I have had a great time reading THEM on this thread.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:54 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Default Is Obama coming for our guns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
A very credible question that the man on the video says will be answered with the use of a Trojan Horse politics method. Of course, Obama did mention some kind of gun control in one of the debates so he hasn't forgotten his desire to take them, if he can make it. I think he knows that he can't accomplish it soon enough for him to get it done but he can certainly start it in the above mentioned method.

Is Obama Coming for Our Guns?

My guns and yours are safe, roy. The only action Obama has taken over the past four years is to allow guns in national parks, where they'd previously been prohibited.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post
After years of dire warnings that President Obama was going to 'take our guns', I see the Amendment II hysterics have learned nothing. About the only firearms legislation President Obama signed during his first term was a law that allowed conceal and carry in National Parks where allowed by the state in which the park is located.

One would think that the last four years would have taught the 'Obama is coming for our guns!' crowd that their empty claims were a losing hand, but that would require a degree of introspection.
Can you explain to me what the man in the video meant by using of Trojan Horse politics is? None of your leaner friends has done so yet.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:58 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,313 times
Quote:
A very credible question that the man on the video says will be answered with the use of a Trojan Horse politics method. Of course, Obama did mention some kind of gun control in one of the debates so he hasn't forgotten his desire to take them, if he can make it. I think he knows that he can't accomplish it soon enough for him to get it done but he can certainly start it in the above mentioned method.

Is Obama Coming for Our Guns?
When Conservatives run out of originality when concocting stupid stories, what do they do???

Rehash the same stupid crap they have been spouting for the last 4 years!!!

Old 11-12-2012, 03:04 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,503,428 times
Quote:
Can you explain to me what the man in the video meant by using of Trojan Horse politics is? None of your leaner friends has done so yet.
Why don't you ask the man in the video? Why are you asking other people to explain to you the meaning of some abstract term by some random guy as if we're supposed to know or care.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
When Conservatives run out of originality when concocting stupid stories, what do they do???

Rehash the same stupid crap they have been spouting for the last 4 years!!!
Do you think that the man on the video is a conservative? I didn't know we had any black people in the GOP. I would like to meet him and talk to him for a while to escape all this leaner talk. It seems that him making the video on the 11th of November must have been something less than just recycled, but surely no black man would be talking like that, would he?

Old 11-12-2012, 03:06 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
I didn't see anything in that video that said anything about the NRA and just in case you didn't watch it the man was a really intelligent sounding and good looking very dark skinned man. Now you know more about the video than any of your buddies preceding you.

OK, I watched the video. So, since you mention this guy's "dark skin" - do you give more credence to this video just because the dude is black? Why bring his race into it?

Further, I have no idea what he means by "Trojan Horse legislation" apart from the fact that *his opinion* is that IF Obama tries to come for our guns, it won't be blatant anti-gun laws. He *thinks* that it will be via "covert, insidious and slick" legislation. He failed to give any examples of "Trojan Horse" legislation passed by this administration, however. Or any history of "Trojan Horse" legislation against gun ownership.

All in all, this seems like a puff-piece, op-ed from one gun owners point of view. I have no idea who this man is, what his credentials are (or aren't) or anything else about him. What makes him more educated or in-the-loop about gun control legislation than you or I?

I lend this no more weight than hearing my next door neighbor say something political. Do you?

Old 11-12-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
OK, I watched the video. So, since you mention this guy's "dark skin" - do you give more credence to this video just because the dude is black? Why bring his race into it?

Further, I have no idea what he means by "Trojan Horse legislation" apart from the fact that *his opinion* is that IF Obama tries to come for our guns, it won't be blatant anti-gun laws. He *thinks* that it will be via "covert, insidious and slick" legislation. He failed to give any examples of "Trojan Horse" legislation passed by this administration, however. Or any history of "Trojan Horse" legislation against gun ownership.

All in all, this seems like a puff-piece, op-ed from one gun owners point of view. I have no idea who this man is, what his credentials are (or aren't) or anything else about him. What makes him more educated or in-the-loop about gun control legislation than you or I?

I lend this no more weight than hearing my next door neighbor say something political. Do you?
Nope. I did have a great time with the leaners on this thread, though. I guess me enjoying myself is against the rules and I will soon be accused of trolling.

Thanks for trying to explain what Trojan Horse politics are. They did their best to get something passed that could lead to socialized medicine and finally just came out with a blatant law that is very unconstitutional. Why would I say that? Article I, section has some words about revenue laws having to originate in the House of Representatives and this law was declared a tax law by the Supreme Court, wasn't it. Did it originate in the House? As I recall Nasty Nancy said we must vote on it to find out what is in it so they didn't even have one committee go through it so they could propose amendments. What will happen if the Supreme Court has to rule on this part of the Constitution with Obamacare being a tax law? Maybe you could explain that one to me.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:16 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,313 times
Quote:
Do you think that the man on the video is a conservative? I didn't know we had any black people in the GOP. I would like to meet him and talk to him for a while to escape all this leaner talk. It seems that him making the video on the 11th of November must have been something less than just recycled, but surely no black man would be talking like that, would he?
Actually some Black People can be stupid also. This video is a perfect example.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:00 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post

Repubicans and the NRA cried about this in 2008 and gun sales and ammo sales skyrocketed to record levels. Fast forward 4 years and not one gun was taken away. Now they are at it again so go ahead and buy more guns so the manufactorers and the NRA can make more money and more money from you fools who believe everything the NRA says.
It's called marketing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies