Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 02:15 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,159 times

Advertisements

I would think they will come at gun owners via more regulations and taxes.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:33 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,427,974 times
Sometimes I think cons start threads like this just to remind us that they're stupid

Old 11-14-2012, 04:16 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,815,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Jeez, y'all sure get yourselves in a lather about your guns.......

I'm only guessing here. But, guns are made to last arn't they? I guess the way the American people love their guns, they'll be oiled and well polished. Soooooo, if you keep having 'record gun sales' because you're frightened someone is going to take them away, there must be, I don't know. a guess, probably a couple of hundred million guns in public hands in the US.

My guess is based on a three hundred million population, an average of two guns out of every three people. Some people probably have numerous guns so it's probably a lot more.

Lots of people would say 'out of my cold, dead hands' to any authority that tried to take them away.

So what is it you're all frightened of? Who is going to take them, and how? Calm down.........
I had three before I was 12 years old.........

I'm middle aged now....do the math.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:02 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,415,733 times
I seriously question the sanity of anyone who's first reaction to a new President is whether or not their guns are safe.

Also anyone who feels the need to have more than one or two guns.

No one is coming for your guns. And even if they do, guess what? You'll live without a gun.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:07 PM

1,264 posts, read 1,551,379 times
If they regulate guns, they are not going to take them from any hard working hunter, or countryman who supports the 2nd amendment. They will only regulate and take the guns out of the hands of inner city criminals, and urban gentrification would likely surge. This is why i believe in restrictions on killing machines. Why do we ban harmless things like hemp or gay marriage, but let people freely walk around with killing machines. You can give the stance that people kill people and not guns, but in reality, take away the weapon, and you will most likely not be killed at all.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:51 PM

Here's a little thing us former AND SOME current Military members received.

It's called Oath Keepers

Effects the Military, Military Veterans, Police and Firemen...and former Police and Firemen

WE WILL HONOR OUR OATH TO DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES.

1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.

2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people.

3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as "unlawful enemy combatants" or to subject them to Military tribunal.

4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a "State of emergency" on a State.

5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any State that asserts its sovereignty.

6. We will NOT obey an order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps

7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.

8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil agaianst the American people to "keep peace" or to "maintain control".

9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.

10. We will NOT obey any orders which in fringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their Government for a redress of grievances.

I'm a Real American.wmv - YouTube

Old 11-14-2012, 07:00 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,397,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
I had three before I was 12 years old.........

I'm middle aged now....do the math.
I didn't know that you folks were into math and science. After all, the earth is only 6000 years old.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:01 PM

And.......DON'T ask WHO from the U.S. Goverment looked US all up and sent us those.

Obama is probably steaming....... LOL

Old 11-14-2012, 07:06 PM

57,221 posts, read 26,166,435 times
These posts are obviously being generated by Smith & Wesson sales team, they are doing a fine job, no shortage of the naive.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
I didn't know that you folks were into math and science. After all, the earth is only 6000 years old.
1 MOA is what?

Many of us reload and were/are weapons experts. Ex(1). What's the max COL of a .45 ACP?

Never mind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies