Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 09:36 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
No what he did after
Kerry spoke of meeting negotiators on Vietnam

By Michael Kranish and Patrick Healy
Globe Staff / March 25, 2004
E-mail this article

To:Invalid E-mail address
Add a personal message80 character limit)Your E-mail:Invalid E-mail address

Sending your article

Your article has been sent.

Text size –+

In a question-and-answer session before a Senate committee in 1971, John F. Kerry, who was a leading antiwar activist at the time, asserted that 200,000 Vietnamese per year were being "murdered by the United States of America" and said he had gone to the Paris and "talked with both delegations at the peace talks" and met with communist ... (Full Article: 1259 Words)
Kerry spoke of meeting negotiators on Vietnam - The Boston Globe

Going to meet the enemy while you are a citizen is treason he had no authority to meet with the enemy,
His service in war does not excuse treason as a citizen
again a silver star, a bronze star and 3 purple hearts. did you serve? you have any personal experience to speak of about the war in VN?

as for his talks to the enemy?
Gingrich distorted facts on Kerry's 1970 Paris visit | Research | Media Matters for America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 09:39 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Kerry was a member of Vietnam Veterans Against The War (VVAW) along with about 20,000 Vietnam veterans. So all 20,000 are traitors just because they opposed a war that they had already been a part of?

Yeah, I don't have much respect for armchair military experts here who have never served a day in their lives.

ETA: I stand corrected, VVAW had a membership of 40,000 during the war.

Last edited by Zimbochick; 11-13-2012 at 09:53 AM.. Reason: ETA

Old 11-13-2012, 09:42 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2DAC1985 View Post
What a travesty...

It would be like having someone on a science committee who doesn't believe in evolution or basic human biology/physiology.

lol

Old 11-13-2012, 09:48 AM

749 posts, read 838,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Hate to tell you but your side lost.

So I got mine and I am going to sit back, relax and enjoy the ride over the next four years watching the left screw it up even more.

Kerry is a coward and a blowhard. Always has been, always will be.
Your words are falling on deaf ears. There is absolutely nothing between the ears of that poster.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:49 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The utter destruction of the military is at hand. A man who thinks only idiots join the military and tossed somebody elses medals at the white house will be in command. Yippee. I guess he'll be able to officially cut deals with the enemy now.
While I would love it if that were true, diplomacy is a function of State, not Defense.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Going to meet the enemy while you are a citizen is treason he had no authority to meet with the enemy
Except that there was no enemy. We weren't at war.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:53 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
John Kerry fought for this nation in combat when he could have easily gotten out of it. I'll never understand why the neocons hate men like Kerry, but put war mongering draft dodgers like Nugent, Limbaugh, and Oreilly , and GW Bush on a pedestal.
John Kerry, in concert with Hanoi Jane, soiled the reputation of every Vietnam veteran who served with his Winter Soldier fables and lies.

Kerry is dirt and I spit on his service. Leave it up to the people of Massachusetts to elect such a blowhard along with a Tonka Indian Maiden. Or is that Iroquois or Apache? Maybe Cherokee or Sioux?

Here, learn something of the fables John Kerry used to climb his way, over the dead honor of hundreds of thousands that served, all the way to the U.S. Senate.

WinterSoldier.com - Busted by the Historians

And this is really pretty funny http://floppingaces.net/category/mil...ers-fake-vets/ which portrays many of the people John Kerry surrounded himself with.

John Kerry is dog vomit and real vets who were really there know it too.

And in case you are wondering I was a young combat Medic serving with the First Infantry Division 1968 to 1969 so I feel I have earned the right to call a dirt bag a dirt bag.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:54 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The utter destruction of the military is at hand. A man who thinks only idiots join the military and tossed somebody elses medals at the white house will be in command. Yippee. I guess he'll be able to officially cut deals with the enemy now.

"President Obama is considering asking Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.) to serve as his next defense secretary, part of an extensive rearrangement of his national security team that will include a permanent replacement for former CIA director David H. Petraeus. Although Kerry is thought to covet the job of secretary of state, senior administration officials familiar with the transition planning said that nomination will almost certainly go to Susan E. Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations."

Obama considers John Kerry for job of defense secretary - The Washington Post
Congratulations Obummer voters.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:54 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Hate to tell you but your side lost.

So I got mine and I am going to sit back, relax and enjoy the ride over the next four years watching the left screw it up even more.

Kerry is a coward and a blowhard. Always has been, always will be.
Coward? Oh...so you commanded a Swiftboat in Vietnam and got your ass shot off?

Yea, that's what i thought.

Vietnam is over folks...let it go. They won, we lost. Be a good sport about it and get on with your lives.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
John Kerry, in concert with Hanoi Jane, soiled the reputation of every Vietnam veteran who served with his Winter Soldier fables and lies.
Almost the Vietnam vets I know describe atrocities, including ones they participated in, but see nothing particularly wrong with them.

I don't know if Kerry's sources were good, but they corroborate everything I've heard in rl from vets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies