Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2012, 09:55 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Most gangs are based upon geography. MS13 are Salvadorian. The last I checked Salvadorians aren't a race.
But they hate Black Americans. Most of the gang in the U.S is mostly hispanic.
Get your facts straight.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:57 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Is anyone surprised that these two posters are KKK sympathizers?

No? Didn't think so...me either.
Who's sympathizing?

Old 11-14-2012, 12:28 PM

414 posts, read 344,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Give them enough rope and those racist morons will hang themselves with their hateful stupid abhorrent rhetoric... I always thought the KKK hoods were simply an act of cowardice, I prefer to see their faces and have them in the open so they can be publically pilloried and ostracised.

Boy , sometimes coming on this forum is truly an eye opener as to the backwardness of some posters and moral degeneracy... I often feel I do lead quite a sheltered life free of such hatred and aggression and then I am reminded that some people do still live in a moral vaccum and Darks Ages bubble. Bigotry truly is alive still and the degree of bile and ignorant racism/homophobia/xenophobia is truly alarming.

Hatred takes so much energy and produces nothing. What a waste.

I am White and Heaven help us all if those fine specimens represent my race... I would rather have a Chimp or Donkey representing me as a racial group. Less embarassing. A lot more intelligent and with more value. Those people certainly are not good PR for being White that's for sure.

I have never been "proud" OR "ashamed" of being White. I am White as an accident of circumstances and birth. Same with my Nationality. Being White should not afford me any more ( or any less ) privileges, does not make me superior ( or inferior ) it just means I am not as dark in skin colour as much of humanity and simply belong to a different group of the myriad of human groups on the planet. In terms of culture anyway what the hell does it mean to be "White" ? An Irish person is culturally very different than an Italian, German , Spaniard, French etc... Even within those sub-groups we still manage to have a plethora of cultural and social distinctions.

What the hell is "White" culture ??? As an Anthropologist/Archaeologist I would love someone to tell me ?

We are ALL human beings. We all belong to the same species and all have the same biology. We should be embracing a shared humanity rather seeking differences and divisions.

I cannot comprehend racism at all. I dislike many people in my life. Not because of their skin colour or ethnicity but because of who they are.

As a Social Anthropologist I actually think cultures, social mores and traditions need to be preserved, as should languages and other social aspects ( unless they are harmful or discriminatory to others). Because all these precious aspects of our human journey since our descent from the proverbial " tree" are what make us who we are and are part of a shared heritage. I do not wish to preserve only Christian Cathedrals but also Mayan Temples and African Ancient Cities. All this belongs to US as a collective group of individuals.

I will weep as profusely for the destruction of the Great Buddhas of Amiyan in Afghanistan (which has nothing to do with my perfectly white judeo-christian culture) as I would for the destruction of a Great Mosque, a Cathedral or Aztec Temple in the Jungle.

All these cultural treasures are part of MY history. To reject what we have achieved as humans since the dawn of time based on stupid racisct criteria and only embrace what our tiny specific little "tribe" has is puerile, narrow minded and dangerous.

We should judge and reject people based on individual merits not the colour of their skin, their sexual orientation , sex, religion or anything else. By all means of a Mexican person or Black person is nasty, lazy, stupid, evil then loathe them. But loathe them for at least an intelligent , well thought out reason not some knee jerk reaction you have been brainwashed into by years of endoctrination.

I met this really objectionable Black guy once and I tore into him. He called me a racist B.I.T.C.H . I just looked at him and smiled and told him that I really did not need to look at his colour to hate him, he was doing a pretty darn good job of being worthy of contempt by his attitude .... Plenty of reasons there without race.

There are plenty enough reasons to dislike, and distrust people , we most certainly do not need the excuse of race to add to it.

Racism is stupid. It's ignorant , illogical and completely irrational IMO. I take people as they are. Some I love, some I like, some I am neutral on and some I hate. Whether they are White, Purple with yellow spots, Black, Striped ,I really could not care less.

ALL of us do have natural prejudices to a certain degree as it is part of Human Nature to be wary of the "other" but if one learns to think for oneself and grow up intellectually and emotionally you learn that these prejudices are nothing but smokescreen and utterly worthless and unworthy of being humans.

Growing up is learning that not everything we think is true, or right. That People are individuals and that is how we should view them. And that we most certainly to do not the monopoly on "righteousness" ( whatever creed, colour, sex etc... we are - racism does exist in ALL races and is equally reprehensible - I do not tolerate racism from ANYONE).

I am White. Proud? Nope? Ashamed? Nope. Embarassed ? A lot more since frequenting this forum , most definitely....
You should be ashamed of not being proud of your race and heritage. Your race defines greatness. Your race has achieved what was thought as unachievable. Again, you should be proud of your race.

A sea of greatness in the 'Sea of Tranquility'.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:53 PM

2,042 posts, read 2,904,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ Superstar View Post
You should be ashamed of not being proud of your race and heritage. Your race defines greatness. Your race has achieved what was thought as unachievable. Again, you should be proud of your race.

Race is such an arbitrary thing to be "proud" of. I mean, the only thing that makes us racially different is the amount of melanin in the skin. It's akin to being proud of being blonde or having green eyes. Stupidity.

Now, if you want to be proud of 'heritage', then that's fine. Of course, being proud of your heritage (is 'Ignorance' a recognized heritage?) doesn't necessitate hating another person's heritage. Well, I guess it does if you're a simpleton with the IQ of a crouton.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:56 PM

414 posts, read 344,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
It's akin to being proud of being blonde or having green eyes. .
It's 'Blue Eyes'. I am blonde with blue eyes.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:56 PM

2,042 posts, read 2,904,513 times
Quote:
It's 'Blue Eyes'. I am blonde with blue eyes.
Congrats. Would you like a cookie?

Old 11-14-2012, 03:11 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Yes you are, just like your fellow conservatives who are praising the KKK. Funny, you guys keep on telling us how the KKK was founded by the Democratic party in the 1800's, yet its the Republicans who seem to support them in 2012
Support it? How? can't wait to see this attempt to defend that absurd statement.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:22 PM

256 posts, read 207,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Support it? How? can't wait to see this attempt to defend that absurd statement.
This is just within the last couple of months

Quote:
A Republican member of the Arkansas House of Representatives has a history of writing in support of slavery and the Confederacy, along with comparing Abraham Lincoln to Karl Marx.

He also praised his ancestors for standing up to "Northern aggression" and said the Confederate flag is "a symbol of Christian liberty vs. the new world order."

Loy Mauch, Arkansas Lawmaker, Defended Slavery In Letters To The Editor

Quote:
Jon Hubbard, a Republican member of the Arkansas House of Representatives, has written a new book in which he says slavery was "a blessing" for African-Americans, among other questionable statements.

Jon Hubbard, Arkansas Legislator, Says Slavery May 'Have Been A Blessing' In New Book

Old 11-14-2012, 03:27 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,355 times
Quote:

Pretty obvious you're a stormfront troll, you can't debate you just post nonsense replies and give sneaky one liners to fire people up. You couldn't even answer and defend your views.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:31 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,442 times
Quote:
Looks like the Klan are worried about this country being infiltrated by illegal aliens. I applaud their patriotism. More people need to join their efforts in stopping this mass invasion of our country by law breaking individuals who care nothing about our American heritage, traditions and values.
Wow. How noble. I guess that's what the KKK is known for, huh? And maybe The Crips are known for their LBGT Rights marches too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies