Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2012, 06:11 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
THAT would be far more expensive than the amount allowed on food stamps. An entire new bureaucracy would have to be created for such a program! Your suggestion is just ridiculous.
And let's call it "Dept of Agriculture". What we have today is really the Dept of Food Stamps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 06:13 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
It's like talking to a wall.

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM with him finding a job, or multiple jobs and paying for that rabbit on his OWN?!

My God liberals make me sick.
How do you know that he didn't go out in his yard, or in the woods, and trap that rabbit and then cook it?

I'd suggest that talking to conservatives is like talking to a wall, a brick wall at that. And yes many conservatives make me sick.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And let's call it "Dept of Agriculture". What we have today is really the Dept of Food Stamps
In fact to implement such a program that would deliver actual food to recipients each month would require a huge increase in the the food stamp bureaucracy and would require a HUGE increase in funding to basically provide far less in food than the current program does. THAT idea was one of the dumbest "solutions" I've ever heard......not to mention a little sadistic as well!

Old 11-16-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
In fact to implement such a program that would deliver actual food to recipients each month would require a huge increase in the the food stamp bureaucracy and would require a HUGE increase in funding to basically provide far less in food than the current program does. THAT idea was one of the dumbest "solutions" I've ever heard......not to mention a little sadistic as well!
They did it with cheese. So not impossible.

Small farmers do it every week. It's called a CSA. Pay the farmers..isn't that what the USDA is all about..or was.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
There are programs like WIC. I am not against helping those in need, I am against those who make it look like they are in need on paper but abuse the system.

I care, the moment they collect any sort of assistance to pay their basic needs. The minute you take a handout, you lose your choice of preference. You get the basics.

The reason for this from what I ahve seen. Is people purposely work themselves "poor". I had a girl in her low 20s work for me actually mad I scheduled her over 30 hours a week, she has no kids, not in school, not taking care of an elder, she just prefers to work about 25 hours a week., no more. Collect a check and live, then go to the club. She did talk about how she wanted to go on the REAL WORLD so she could represent Daytona Beach, FL...

The goal should be give them the basics needed to survive, but make it as unberable as possible as it goes. No gluten free, vegan, organic crap. The basics as approved by the FDA.
"Make it as unberable (sic) as possible as it goes." So you advocate making it as unbearable as possible for the elderly who need food stamps in order to eat. WoW! I'm impressed.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They did it with cheese. So not impossible.

Small farmers do it every week. It's called a CSA. Pay the farmers..isn't that what the USDA is all about..or was.
In case you haven't noticed, this is 2012.

Small farmers do what every week?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/26983709-post217.html

Old 11-16-2012, 06:45 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,434,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
This is just as infuriating as the black dude who made the rap song about swiping his EBT. Nobody should be pulling this crap. You dont need cage-free, locally grown, artisanal vegan granola to survive.
Even when it's cheaper per pound then the processed stuff at the store?

Old 11-16-2012, 06:57 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
It seems to me we need some sort of government gruel for the poor to eat. Something that meets proper nutritional guidelines but ain't real tasty.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It seems to me we need some sort of government gruel for the poor to eat. Something that meets proper nutritional guidelines but ain't real tasty.
Then the government can be liable when the "gruel" makes people sick or kills them. Even poor people have allergies. Wrongful death suits just waiting to happen.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
In case you haven't noticed, this is 2012.

Small farmers do what every week?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/26983709-post217.html
I said it right in my post..CSA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies