Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 12:33 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It is quite obvious you either don't have a job or you don't mind your money being stolen by the government. So either way your are a complete ________. My duty is to provide for myself and my family. You and your hipster buddies are infringing on my liberty and taking food out of children's mouths to fund the hipster and his rabbit stew, something you will never understand.
Food stamps need to start to be phased out, IMO, when unemployment is around 4%, not now. But, like another poster said as well, food stamps also funds a lot of farmers as well. So, it's not only a welfare program for the poor, but it's also a welfare program for farmers and BigAg. Same with the school lunch program, it's a welfare handout to Agribusiness and farmers. Big government. Once you have it, it's neigh impossible to get rid of it unless we have Greek style riots every week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
There is no need for me to argue anything. You are the one arguing. All one has to do is read it. Perhaps you should seek these folks out and offer them a private stipend to help em out? You see no problem with them living off others why not take the lead.
Well this is a message board. One of the main purposes of a message board is to communicate. I'm sorry but if you don't want content to be commented upon, I feel you may be wrong in the place. I am asking you why you feel the article was so nauseating.

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I care because one has to read within the context of when it was printed. For example, in 2010 the unemployment rate rose in 31 states. That means something.

State unemployment rates in 2010 : The Editor’s Desk : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

As for the rest of your post, it is riddled with unfounded opinions not supported by any evidence, so I'll give that the attention it deserves.
Ah so you run and hide and post a link about the unemployment rate. Well why are millions more on food stamps today when the unemployment rate has gone down since then? Any answers to that little fact?

Old 11-14-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Well this is a message board. One of the main purposes of a message board is to communicate. I'm sorry but if you don't want content to be commented upon, I feel you may be wrong in the place. I am asking you why you feel the article was so nauseating.
So you are only willing to pony up others money. What a shock. I've already explained many times why this is so nauseating. If you don't agree then don't agree. Pretty simple stuff.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:35 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
The problem with your little scenario is there is no incentive for lazy people who don't want to actually work to go get a job when they are paid to not work.
Still ignoring the fact that many who do work receive SNAP.

Whatever.

Daily Kos: ATTN GOP SENATORS: Walmart Is The Largest Food Stamp Recipient In The Country

Old 11-14-2012, 12:35 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Default Coercion

Apparently the OP is dead set against the government coercing a few bucks out of his budget but competly OK with an economy that coerces people to "get a job at any wage" by offering starvation or agricultural system bankruptcy as an alternative. I figure any economy prosperous to worship multibillionaires has enough surpluses that everybody should be fed, housed and have health care before the greedster gets his next billion.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:36 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Ah so you run and hide and post a link about the unemployment rate. Well why are millions more on food stamps today when the unemployment rate has gone down since then? Any answers to that little fact?
Well, it can be read both ways right? Either O is seriously fudging the numbers, or the income requirements have been eased

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
76 % of SNAP households include children, elderly or disabled. The average SNAP benefit is $130 p/p , per month or < $1.50 a meal.

Able-bodied recipients, without dependents, are generally limited to a 3 month benefit,
within any rolling 3 year period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Food stamps need to start to be phased out, IMO, when unemployment is around 4%, not now. But, like another poster said as well, food stamps also funds a lot of farmers as well. So, it's not only a welfare program for the poor, but it's also a welfare program for farmers and BigAg. Same with the school lunch program, it's a welfare handout to Agribusiness and farmers. Big government. Once you have it, it's neigh impossible to get rid of it unless we have Greek style riots every week
Let em riot then. You act as though farmers would go out of business if the food stamp program were halted. No people would still eat. They would just have to work for their own money to pay for it.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:37 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
I'm not hiding. I'm right here. :waves: Entitlement programs expand and contract according to the need of the people; that is the way they were designed to work. So, even though unemployment may be down many are underemployed so therefore they still qualify for some help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies