Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 04:27 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernFreeSpirit View Post
Women in Ireland take that chance when getting pregnant...they know if something should happen they can't get an abortion so stop with the uproar...
So much for 'pro-life'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 04:29 PM

126 posts, read 89,817 times
Never said I was pro-life Just anti murdering babies.... If this was a case of a medical necessity then why was she not given the abortion? Law says right there that she can have it if truly was a medical necessity. Obviously it wasn't.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:30 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
Quote:
Never said I was pro-life Just anti murdering babies.... If this was a case of a medical necessity then why was she not given the abortion? Law says right there that she can have it if truly was a medical necessity. Obviously it wasn't.
Because the doctors could still detect the fetus's heart beat, and put the potential life of the fetus ahead of the risk of death for the mother. Outcome: neither survived. Or in your parlance, they would rather murder the mother than the unborn.

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times
Quote:
She died Are you deliberately being obtuse or are you just ignorant?

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
The point is that's exactly the type of situation that the teavangelical wing of the republican party is trying to create in this country with fetal personhood bills, and (now failed) plans to load the Supreme Court with right wingers who would hear court challenges on that legislation that could ultimately overturn Roe v. Wade. It's sick and inhumane.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:34 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Nah, not buying it. You are not anti anything unless it is disputing views that you consider partisan Liberal. Your posts make no sense. I find it difficult to believe that posters that appear to be fairly new to CD can have these same twisted views as others that have mysteriously disappeared. I call RECYCLED!

Old 11-14-2012, 04:35 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
The point is that's exactly the type of situation that the teavangelical wing of the republican party is trying to create in this country with fetal personhood bills, and (now failed) plans to load the Supreme Court with right wingers who would hear court challenges on that legislation that could ultimately overturn Roe v. Wade. It's sick and inhumane.
I know,thank God Obama will have a chance to really influence the future of the U.S. by selecting 1 maybe 2 new supreme court judges. The entire teavangelical view is all about control anyway. It's not about life, or you wouldn't have people like some on here who think that women should be prepared to die if they get pregnant. Which of course thousands of women in the third world still do die from pregnancies that go awry.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:38 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I know,thank God Obama will have a chance to really influence the future of the U.S. by selecting 1 maybe 2 new supreme court judges. The entire teavangelical view is all about control anyway. It's not about life, or you wouldn't have people like some on here who think that women should be prepared to die if they get pregnant. Which of course thousands of women in the third world still do die from pregnancies that go awry.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:39 PM

126 posts, read 89,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
She died Are you deliberately being obtuse or are you just ignorant?
Yes she died...so either she did something to herself to make herself sick or she was in medical distress and the medical folks screwed up.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:44 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
It's not about life, or you wouldn't have people like some on here who think that women should be prepared to die if they get pregnant.
Very true.

I've never understood why the sign-carrying anti-abortion protesters don't care about the life of the mother. What part of that attitude is "pro-life"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies