Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 05:29 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I'll leave the Paulistas to their mourning.
Ever notice how the Ron Paul swooners rant about Obama worship?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 05:34 PM

126 posts, read 89,817 times
No one I know worships Ron Paul...I can't say the same for a good bit of Obama supporters...difference is young Paul supporters LOVE freedom and liberty,extreme Obama supporters are just interested in the next government handout.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:44 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I think you should be debating with the person that I responded to. And btw...how has the GOP Congress reacted to any issue Obama wanted to address?
I am in agreement with the person you responded to. There is nothing to debate there

I think the GOP Congress has reacted favorably to most of Obama's military engagements.
I would say the GOP and the DEMS are in unison when it comes to wars of
choice, droning, and our present foreign policy of occupation.

Drone is Obama's weapon of choice - CNN.com

Obama notifies Congress of troops sent to Libya, Yemen | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Old 11-14-2012, 05:51 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
They refused to even consider that they are wasting their votes and time. Ron Paul was a passing oddity.
What I heard was GOP Ron Paul supporters simply didn't vote in the general and stayed home.
The joke was: Obama didn't beat Romney, Ron Paul beat Romney...

The others that felt the two parties no longer represented them,
just came over to our party; The Libertarian Party, and voted for
Gary Johnson.

We received 1.1M votes. Small, but we are a growing party.
We might have a larger voice in 2016, we will see.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:01 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,205 times
Good riddance. He took advantage of fringe political movements and accomplished absolutely nothing while in the House. He could have sought out higher positions like Committee Chairmanships or even Speaker of the House, positions commensurate with his seniority. He could have used these positions to better fight for his causes; instead he chose to sit back and whine like a blind Cassandra. Furthermore his overt appeals to racists over the years show him to be an opportunist of the worst kind. Libertarians are better off without him, when you look at his (lack of) results he was a liability to the movement.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:05 PM

126 posts, read 89,817 times
Ah another hater that can't handle personal responsibility and freedom.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:48 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Ever notice how the Ron Paul swooners rant about Obama worship?
At least you recognize there is such thing....

it's a start

Old 11-14-2012, 06:50 PM

67 posts, read 72,026 times
Good riddance.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:54 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirilorn View Post
Good riddance.
Yes...good riddance!!!

Thank you for your service...but no thanks...

Now we can continue with our slave wage jobs...working for an intentionally devalued dollar bill that forces us to take on debt for prices that keep going up and taxes that keep going up....

We don't need anybody making us nationally aware of this...really....we don't

Old 11-14-2012, 06:57 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,976,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Good riddance. He took advantage of fringe political movements and accomplished absolutely nothing while in the House. He could have sought out higher positions like Committee Chairmanships or even Speaker of the House, positions commensurate with his seniority. He could have used these positions to better fight for his causes; instead he chose to sit back and whine like a blind Cassandra. Furthermore his overt appeals to racists over the years show him to be an opportunist of the worst kind. Libertarians are better off without him, when you look at his (lack of) results he was a liability to the movement.
You mean like how he WAS actually the Chairman on the Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology?

Maybe before you rant, you should research. I love when people rip into someone and show that they have no clue what they are actually talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies