Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2012, 08:38 PM

724 posts, read 593,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The will of the people.

You guys have no understanding of what that means - you see everything from your own view -- blind following of a leader. We're talking something more like democracy, people-rule.

The will of the people, which you refuse to acknowledge, was to reelect the president. A few sore losers are getting way more attention than they deserve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 08:41 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
The will of the people.

You guys have no understanding of what that means - you see everything from your own view -- blind following of a leader. We're talking something more like democracy, people-rule.
The will of the people are elected officials because the people elected them.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Wrong. Apathy won in this election -- look how many fewer votes Obama got in 2012 than he had in 2008 and that was with a very marked increase in total population and his major pandering to the illegals for their votes.

It really comes down to many fewer than 3 million -- because of the electoral votes and the so-called swing states. It's only the voters in those swing states that got him elected -- and some of those were quite close.

With all the damage Obama is doing to the economy and how little he cares about the American people, the midterm elections may be interesting. The welfare crowd obviously believes that spending can just keep going up and up and up and Obama can destroy the taxpaying class and all will be great.
Actually it's been shown that stronger voter turnouts favor Dems. Hence all the attempts at voter suppression from the right.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:47 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I know you are borderline hysterical about the results of the election, but the fact is this statement is mathematically false:

You can bring up the fewer number of votes Obama received in 2012 than in 2008 all you like. Doesn't change the fact that Obama won both elections. And it certainly doesn't change simple math.
Simple math is not a Republican's strong point. Think Karl Rove on election night. That vision just never gets old, does it?

About secession - I've invited these guys to leave about 10 times now but I see they are all still here.

Typical Republican. All hot air and no substance.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:53 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times
Misleading thread titles **** me off... that's all I've got to say about this. I'm sure someone mentioned that already, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
I assume he's referring to the post-Denver polls, when the right decided that losing less badly constituted winning.
Sort of like when the (D)ouchebags over on websites like Democratic Underground said that Obama didn't "lose" the first debate, he just didn't "win"?

Anyways... anyone who expects anything to come of these petitions is an idiot. Even if they get the requisite amount of signatures (I think it's 25,000) I don't believe that anything will happen other than some minor government official dismissing them at best, or deleting/throwing them in the trash at worst; the interesting thing is that these petitions were created as a sort of protest rather than serious petitions or referendums advocating secession.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:57 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,726 times
division away from unity is failure, there are some things that simply cannot be argued.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:58 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
This is hiliarious. Imbecilic, but funny.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I am disappointed. Apparently there was a petition to c.ckpunch Grover Norquist, but the White House removed it before I could sign.
Lmfao

Old 11-15-2012, 09:18 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
This is hiliarious. Imbecilic, but funny.

hilarious - marked by or causing boisterous merriment or convulsive laughter; "hilarious broad comedy"; "a screaming farce"; "uproarious stories"

I'm wondering if you don't mind, if lefties understand that convulsive laughter greatly diminishes consciousness. Also, do you know what consciousness is and the difference between an animal's awareness abilities and a human's consciousness ?

( this ought to be good )

Old 11-15-2012, 09:29 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Love when folks mistake me for a lefty, having worked on the first Bob Corker campaign.

It is hilarious, as idiotic actions like these are so childish.

News Flash: the GOP has lost 5 of the last 6 POTUS popular votes, averaging a meager 204 electoral votes. They cannot win losing Latinos by 44%, and all other major minority groups by similar margins.

Instead of this outlandish behavior, real constructive self-reflection is required, or else the GOP will be the Whigs of 2020.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies