Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 01:38 PM

37,148 posts, read 39,404,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Yes, some did. I lived on the border for a decade and saw it first hand. I moved because of the illegal problem and their violence.
Really, and that's the typical hispanic american voter to you?

I understand that there will be some, but to have that be the typical image is beyond ridiculous. Puerto Ricans who immigranted throughout urban areas are Hispanic American. Tejanos and Californios whose ancestors lived in the southwest before they were even annexed to the states are Hispanic American. Migrants or descendants from all parts of Latin America as well as Spain and Portugal who migrated here legally are Hispanic Americans. These together well outnumber illegal immigrants--which is a ridiculous thing to even insert in here since illegal immigrants can't vote anyhow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 01:42 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Boy reading the posts in this thread with the childish name calling I'd swear I was back in grade school....

If people don't think these illegal aliens buy SS cards/drivers licenses and vote....

Old 11-15-2012, 01:45 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Boy reading the posts in this thread with the childish name calling I'd swear I was back in grade school....

If people don't think these illegal aliens buy SS cards/drivers licenses and vote....
I know, right?!! They aren't even worthy of anymore of my time, but they are humorous. The scary thing is that they are the proof of the dumbed down America.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:45 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:

Of course they do, have been doing it for years.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:50 PM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
FOX don't report news, they spew noise for right wingnuts.
You mean like CNN and the Huffington Post, etc. spew noise for left wingnuts?

Old 11-15-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
I know, right?!! They aren't even worthy of anymore of my time, but they are humorous. The scary thing is that they are the proof of the dumbed down America.
And the few incidences of illegal immigrants voting are who you think of when you think of the entire Hispanic American voting block? Poor people illegally crossing that border is the accurate archetypical image for an American who votes and is of Hispanic ancestry? Does that sound reasonable at all to you? You know that there used to be large chunks of the Hispanic vote that swung Republican, right? It wasn't even that clean of a sweep this election, and it was far more balanced in the 2008 election. When all Hispanic Americans became roped into illegal immigrants, then you're getting to get backlash and you're going to alienate rational American citizens who were simple of Hispanic ancestry. This is not healthy or helpful for the Republican party or the decreasing percentage of Hispanic voters who vote Republican.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Really, and that's the typical hispanic american voter to you?

I understand that there will be some, but to have that be the typical image is beyond ridiculous. Puerto Ricans who immigranted throughout urban areas are Hispanic American. Tejanos and Californios whose ancestors lived in the southwest before they were even annexed to the states are Hispanic American. Migrants or descendants from all parts of Latin America as well as Spain and Portugal who migrated here legally are Hispanic Americans. These together well outnumber illegal immigrants--which is a ridiculous thing to even insert in here since illegal immigrants can't vote anyhow.
Can't vote legally is one thing but with so many voter ID laws shot down "some" do vote anyway along with other non-citizens.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I don't know how anyone can expect to tell racists to not be racist, and expect they might listen. Not going to happen. Carry that further, if FOX were to tell their viewers not to be racist, how long til they have very few viewers?
Of course there are no racists on the left watching left wing news stations, right?

Old 11-15-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Can't vote legally is one thing but with so many voter ID laws shot down "some" do vote anyway along with other non-citizens.
Why did you put some in quotes? You found solid evidence of massive voter fraud that would have completely changed the outcome of these elections?

Also, you're ignoring the main point. Are these illegal immigrants who cross the border, and in your case end up buying a SS and voting illegally, what you think is the archetypical Hispanic American? Do you believe that is an accurate depiction?

Old 11-15-2012, 02:01 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why would "They" vote? What's in it for them? Why would they risk being deported to cast a vote when they have nothing invested in our country? What good does it do an illegal alien to risk it all to vote? Don't understand your logic at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies