Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 05:37 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Wow... so much fail in one post. LOL

At least you realize we are still a war monger nation and capitalist pigs. That change hasn't happened and won't happen under Obamas watch. But all of a sudden it's OK to be militant, covert pigs?? Is that what you're getting at?

What happened to all that was wrong with this country?

As tongue and cheek as this post may (or not) be... You do realize this is EXACTLY the threat to a seceding state? They don't have to even say it.

Calm down! Don't get your panties in a bunch, it was a joke
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 06:42 PM

126 posts, read 89,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Please, I grew up in the South, you are just one of the handful of people clinging to a war that is long over.
Keep fooling yourself. You should be ashamed of yourself for being a traitor to the southern culture and way of life...its more fitting of a yankee.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:01 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernFreeSpirit View Post
Keep fooling yourself. You should be ashamed of yourself for being a traitor to the southern culture and way of life...its more fitting of a yankee.
Yep. Still fighting the civil war. I grew up in Alabama and it's true!

SouthernFreeSpirit? You still here?

Old 11-16-2012, 09:07 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Please, I didn't fight in the Civil War and the only "southern culture" you are talking about as your way of life is the racist kind, I want no part of that. I am proud of my Southern roots, but that doesn't mean I am proud of people like you who tarnish the southern culture. People like you I would love to secede from the country cause we would be better off building a fence around you and never having to worry about your kind any more.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:10 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
“I pledge allegiance†(I promise to be true)

“to the flag†(to the symbol of our country)

“of the United States of America†(each state that has joined to make our country)

“and to the Republic†(a republic is a country where the people choose others to make laws for them -- the government is “of, by and for†the people)

“for which it stands,†(the flag means the country)

“one nation†(a single country)

“under God,†(the people believe in a supreme being)

“indivisible,†(the country cannot be split into parts)

“with Liberty and Justice†(with freedom and fairness)

“for all.†(for each person in the country...you and me!)

We whipped you once, we will do it again. Love it or leave it. These colors don't run.
Heh.... Texas also has a pledge to the Texas flag...

Honor the Texas flag
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:52 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,311,609 times
Quote:
Have fun with that...we will hand the guns over...barrel first.
Do not presume to speak for all Southerners. This is my country too, and I would never be part of a secession movement. 50 independent countries would make it too easy for our nation to be taken over by some outside force. Also, look what has happened to the former Soviet Union. It hasn't been very successful since it broke up.

Also, bringing up slavery like it was some peaceful, familial way of life is ignorant. I would not want someone buying me, breeding me, keeping me in a small cabin in their backyard, and telling me every move to make. It would not matter if they happened to be kind enough to not beat me and LET me raise their children. Slavery was reprehensible, and it does not matter who started it. The lifestyle it supported was corrupt.

Last edited by Georgianbelle; 11-16-2012 at 10:14 PM..

Old 11-16-2012, 10:18 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,311,609 times
Quote:
We tried you terrorized my nation into staying put in a divided country for over 100 years now...time has come to either let the states that want out to get out or we will have another fight..not my choice on this its the federal governments.
The states don't want out; you do. Don't tell me about the people who have signed an internet petition either. What about all of us who haven't signed any such thing and would not support it? We outnumber you in every state involved.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:27 AM

1,723 posts, read 2,225,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
You might find this interesting;

The Awakening - By J.M. Berger | Foreign Policy
Interestingly I went to Stormfront last week to check out the response and saw similar sentiment. I guess we'll see what course this takes and if it is expressed politically in congressional districts, which, to the extent that there is any concerted expression of it at all, is the healthiest way for it to be promoted I suppose.

I don't see any way for such radicalism to outright gain the presidency or even a significant number of senators, so there may be some frustration in the years to come. Maybe we'll see a Republican split and formation of something like the British or French National Front. If they pursue that strategy, though, they had better first campaign for British or French style electoral system, as they'll guarantee to split national and state votes and keep even sympathetic Republicans out of office.

Although, "America for the Americans" for obvious reasons doesn't quite have the same meaning as "England for the English" or "France for the French", so they'd have to develop some sort of more polarizing tag like, "America for the Whites", which, though I'm not a Front sympathizer, have to say is not nearly as catchy or potentially inspiring as repeating the country name to whip up nationalism.

Last edited by Clint.; 11-17-2012 at 09:43 AM..

Old 01-13-2013, 02:28 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,924,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Please, I grew up in the South, you are just one of the handful of people clinging to a war that is long over.

I doubt that. 90% of Southerners cling to the idea of a risen south and secession. I wish them luck and hope it happens.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:37 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
I don't see any state leaving the union anytime in the near future, but I can see where the consideration for it is rooted. Our federal government has grown wildly out of proportion and does need to be contained.... It could be done without a single state leaving, but probably won't in my lifetime, Nor will any state leave the union in my lifetime..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies