Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should the U.S. do regards to the conflicts between Israel and Palestine?
We need to support Israel ! 76 44.44%
We need to support Palestine (Arabs) ! 17 9.94%
We should NOT support/care about their own conflicts ! 78 45.61%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 02:33 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,364,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
No one asked you to. You can believe whatever fantasies you want to believe.

Truth is truth, whether you believe it or not. Someday we will all know. Until then, believe whatever you like.
Can you please enlighten me on this great secret that "someday we will all know"? I'd really like to know.

Peace.
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 02:35 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,659,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Well, you seem to think that Muslims are savages. I don't know how many Muslims you know personally, but the ones I know are more dignified and respectful than a lot of Americans I know.

It's interesting to see that you think Israel should "carpet bomb" Gaza. You sound like a jihadist yourself.

"He who sows wind, harvests a storm."

Peace.
brian
yes, they are savages. yes, gaza should be carpet bombed. ultimately, one side is going to have to do major harm to the other if this conflict is ever to end.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:37 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,920,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Yes. It's always been the same Israel, always been the same situation. Nothing has changed.
I have no dog in this fight- I do believe Israel has a right to exist and defend herself but you realize that there are good amount of Anti-Zionist Jews that don't agree with how Israel as a nation was formed, right?

Old 11-16-2012, 02:40 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,364,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
yes, they are savages. yes, gaza should be carpet bombed. ultimately, one side is going to have to do major harm to the other if this conflict is ever to end.
Incorrect. It's not "necessary to do major harm" in order to end the conflict. On the contrary, it would only set the stage for future fighting.

Life isn't a video game. It's not a "who can destroy the enemy" thing. It's about learning to get along with each other.

Peace,
brian

Old 11-16-2012, 03:42 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,266,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Israel is our ally, and we should support them accordingly. We shouldn't be giving them 4 billion a year for their defense, our threat of invasion if someone attacks them should be enough.

Palestine should have their equal and own state.
I call bs.
It's not our place to go to war for them or for anyone.
Israel has a habit of kicking everyone in the shins and hiding behind the US.
They sell our secrets and weaponry.
Let them take care of themselves, warmongers that they are.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:44 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,088,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
This has nothing to do with Hitler, the Nazi's and Nazi Germany during WWII.

This is about Israel and Palestinian conflict. ~25% of Israel are Non-Jews, of those are minority Christians.
There are Christian Palestinians as well.

Please leave religion out of this. This is about the two nations.
There are also Muslim Israeli's.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
There is only one nation: Israel. In 1949 Gaza and the West Bank were annexed by Egypt and Jordan. Since they were annexed by them, no Palestinian nation ever came into existence after the UN partition. Israel siezed the land from them in 1967. And since then Egypt and Jordan have given up all rights to the land. Since they put this in writing, then that in itself is more proof that there is no palestinian nation. Look at the history of Gaza when ALL the Israelis left Gaza. There was Billions of dollars/euros in waiting to create a state. And what happenned in less than TWO hours after the last Israeli was gone. The so-called palestinians started firing rockets into Israel and nearly all those Billions of dollars/euros dried up within minutes later.
So out of nothingness all of a sudden in 1949 something existed.

Convenient and contrary whitewash of history.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:54 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,567,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
Do you believe that the US should stop supporting Israel, and stop worrying about the Middle Eastern conflicts between Israel, Palestine (Arabs)?

I think the U.S. should stay away from other nations' conflicts.... We don't want another 9/11, or people hate us Americans for supporting and favoring a nation over another!
American will never be a nation made up of " wimps " Israel is America's second greatest ally " America was founded on Judeo - Christian Principals....." we will always support Israel and by the way Israel was not the religious mind set that brought down the twin towers in NYC.....why should we abandon her?

Old 11-16-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
American will never be a nation made up of " wimps " Israel is America's second greatest ally " America was founded on Judeo - Christian Principals....." we will always support Israel and by the way Israel was not the religious mind set that brought down the twin towers in NYC.....why should we abandon her?

Love the total embrace of fairytale talking point fallacies.

Wipe the entire region off the map. Make it a glass factory for the next 100,000 years.

next problem.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:02 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,955,488 times
Responsibility starts at home.
We have enough problems and Israel and its citizens need to be responsible for theirs as well.
Not with my tax dollars nor my fellow American lives.

I chose the bud out option and tend to our own responsibilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies