Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2012, 07:59 AM

23,155 posts, read 26,065,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
When companies treats you terrible, give you terrible benefits, pays you the minimum wage, working on silly hours, forced to work on holiday, etc. that's why you get bad customer service. Don't be surprised

If your husband hits you, you shouldn't kick the dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 08:29 AM

3,999 posts, read 4,121,485 times
Quote:
When companies treats you terrible, give you terrible benefits, pays you the minimum wage, working on silly hours, forced to work on holiday, etc. that's why you get bad customer service. Don't be surprised
And don't be surprised if you don't hit the unemployment line soon. Because as a customer, I expect at least a decent customer service experience. I'm not asking for ass kissing, but a little common courtesy and a small amount of consideration is a plus. Projecting a bad attitude on me will take me right straight to a manager. It's obvious lately that there are a lot of people doing customer service who have no business being in that career...

Old 11-19-2012, 09:50 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,578,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
And don't be surprised if you don't hit the unemployment line soon. Because as a customer, I expect at least a decent customer service experience. I'm not asking for ass kissing, but a little common courtesy and a small amount of consideration is a plus. Projecting a bad attitude on me will take me right straight to a manager. It's obvious lately that there are a lot of people doing customer service who have no business being in that career...
I myself as an employee people love me, because I am friendly, happy, laughing, love to chit-chat, fold clothes nicely inside the bag, greet them, etc.

However, sometimes you cannot please every single customer. Don't be surprised if you get somewhat bad customer service, especially on weekends and holidays when it is busy, because keep in mind that poor employees have to stand on their foot 7 - 9 hours straight with short break, have to deal with annoying and rude customer, getting same question 5000 times, having annoying managers talking on walkie to do this and that, low pay, etc. especially if you're in an outlet store, or cheaper store.

Sometimes when you complain to a manager, they don't care anyway. Sometimes they may not even tell their employee (Depending on the manager, and whether they like the employee or not). But if you complain to the company corporate, they will deal with it differently. They don't fire people because they don't want to pay unemployment.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:51 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,578,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
If your husband hits you, you shouldn't kick the dog.
You and your dogs

I wouldn't be surprised hearing on the news that a human getting married to their dogs soon

Old 11-19-2012, 11:34 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,370,986 times
apparently its what the PEOPLE want

they want to be able to shop and drop early..to include on turkey day

the blame goes squarely to the consumers

Old 11-19-2012, 12:24 PM

26,683 posts, read 41,550,232 times
Quote:
Let's not forget, no sales incentives or commissions. I guarantee that would turn into better customer service.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:34 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,253,729 times
Wow.

I come from a military background, so I am of the "suck it up" mentality. I do understand that people want to be off on Thanksgiving, but if I understand correctly they don't open until 8. What's the earliest that these people have to show up for work? 6pm? Move dinner up. At my house, the food was done by 2pm.

Some of you all act like a holiday off is a right. It's not. It's a privilege. Find a law written anywhere that companies MUST give employees Thanksgiving and Christmas off.

It is so hard to have sympathy for someone who is fortunate to have a job complain about working at that job. Tell you what: as you are getting ready for work, think about some of the people on the Unemployment thread who would LOVE to have your problem. Ungrateful people complaining about working on Thanksgiving is all kinds of irony.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:41 PM

15,460 posts, read 10,379,961 times
I'm not going shopping Thanksgiving, I will not allow myself to get behind the wheel. I will be under the influence of a turkey high and perhaps even a self induced comma.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:43 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,111,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
apparently its what the PEOPLE want

they want to be able to shop and drop early..to include on turkey day

the blame goes squarely to the consumers
Not this one. I didn't shop on Black Friday last year and I will not this year.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:44 PM

13,562 posts, read 21,321,572 times
Management always looking for a angle to justify their position to the owner or CEO coming up with gimmicks to extend hours on employees yet attempt to surpress what wages they have to pay out. Yet that management excludes themselves usually from staying later or on holidays. I have seen it time and time again. And best for them when the employee is on commission because even if he stays there all day and nobody comes in to buy they don't have to pay any wages and the same with techinicians on a pay by repair wage. "Hey lets be open on SUNDAY for car repairs, if nobody shows up we still won't have to pay the techs or parts because they don't make money anyway unless people come in and buy or have a repair done, but make sure we keep a skeleton crew for the porters or receptionist because THEY are on hourly".......yeah.

But it is true the customer is in part to blame, once upon a time it was expected that a business would be closed on a Sunday, maybe even a Saturday but now while they want their day off thy expect you to be there for them.

Priorities of many Americans are messed up. Instead of celebrating with friends and family ( true wealth) they would rather stand in line and fight over a meaningless item like a TV that can be bought anytime even if it isn't as discounted.

If you knew this would be your last Thanksgiving, your last Christmas to be with friends and family what would be more important?, going to the job to make maybe $100 on a holiday?, going to fight over a TV at Walmart?, or quality time with friends and family?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies