Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 07:45 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
We have some left over buckets at our house. I'll let you borrow one

im good. there are 5 or 10 yards near my house that had Obama signs....

Old 11-16-2012, 07:46 AM

78,371 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
why are you giving them credence?
Because pointing out the 1 nut job out of 1000 reasonable individuals helps them reinforce their black and white political worldview that the other guys are all crazy and evil blah blah blah.

Racists do the same thing.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:50 AM

78,371 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
No one has a crystal ball and can predict what will happen. Obama is certainly not going to create jobs for the American people, and he's not going to cut his wild out-of-control spending.

Face it -- Obama cannot do anything or even make a false appearance of a good economy without massive trillion dollar bailouts and stimulus packages. He doesn't know how - and so expect the debt to rapidly grow -- until it cannot grow any further. Things can and will change.
2 more years of a tough economy coupled with young people getting a bill for Obamacare could result in a 2014 midterm bloodbath for the dems. If that happens, then Obama is going to have to give the repubs lopsided trades to get anything done.

Basically, I think the next 4 years is going to be a roller-coaster.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:02 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
I really really want to be wrong.

I want to come on here in 4 years and say "you told me so". I want to come to the place where I realize that Obama and the left was right about what was/is wrong with America and that the course that has been laid out was the right one.

I HATE seeing 50 million Americans in poverty. I hate that middle America has lost 5k in purchasing power in the last 8 years. I hate that more Americans are on food stamps today than ever before.

I don’t hate Americans on food stamps, or that so many are on it. I hate it for them that they cannot be self sufficient. That they cannot provide for their families with the dignity of knowing they have earned their own way. I don’t begrudge them the help. I just hate that they are in the position of needing the help.

I want more than anything to see America on its feet with a great economy and a swelling middle class and shrinking poverty. I want to see those at the lower end gaining purchasing power and for poverty in America to mean something vastly improved over what it is today.

I want to be wrong. I just don’t think I am. I really do think that Obama’s policy is wrong headed and will lead to very slow growth that does not keep pace with the population. I don’t think he will do anything to deal with an aging population that will rely in greater numbers on Social Security and Medicare. He will not do anything to really deal with spending that is out of line with where the economy is and he will take vastly too much money out of the private sector.

I don’t hate Obama. I don’t hate his race, or think he is illegitimate. I don’t think he is very much different from FDR or LBJ or Jimmy Carter. I just think those guys did things that caused America a great deal of heartache and pain with right-hearted-wrong-headed policy. I just hope there is enough time once Obama is done, to right the ship.

It is all about policy and I think Obama’s policy is just wrong. I want to be wrong about this. I just don’t think I am.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:08 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Coming up with all kinds of crazy conspiracy theories.

He won, get over it.
I know, talk about sore losers.....sheesh

Old 11-16-2012, 08:20 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,572,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I really really want to be wrong.
Gosh. A rational, level-headed, reasonable member of the opposition. I knew there had to be some - I just knew it!

Old 11-16-2012, 08:32 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,172,178 times
I would love for Obama to do a good job with his second term...I just don't feel like it will happen. But as Ferd mentioned...I want to be wrong.

My biggest fears are the unintended repurcussions of Obamacare and liquidity injections. I'm sure that Obamacare will cover a lot of uncovered people but I just feel like the tax and hiring implications are going to be more detrimental than intially thought. On top of that the market corrections from from the liquidity injections will take hold eventually...at some point these bonds will be unloaded and the rationality of the market players in their assumptions their hard assets gained zero value will be evident and realized. Their assets gained no "real" value so their spending habits won't and shouldn't have altered much which is the fundamental point of the qe's. I'm not saying that we'll see inflation soon but the fed can only artificially hold interest rates down for so long. When they increase because of the bond dump...it will absolutely hurt growth in the housing market and private sector business.

Again...I hope I'm wrong in these guesses....I am most certainly a Republican but I don't want to see the country go down just because my guy wasn't elected....I'll leave that sentiment to the lunatics like Rove.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:38 AM

20 posts, read 26,784 times
I voted for Obama, my aunt didn't and was very upset but I get offended when people refer to her as racists or a poor loser ect... it's embarrasses me to be an Obama voter with attitudes like this.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:40 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
...moving on. Not even sure why people are still posting about it. He won.....move on.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:41 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Coming up with all kinds of crazy conspiracy theories.

He won, get over it.

it isnt 1/20/13 yet. anything can happen in between now and then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies