Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 09:07 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
If you own a business, it's your right to tack on your costs and pass it on to the consumer.

Liberals have never been known for extraordinary foresight. All they heard was "healthcare for all".....they had no idea what it actually entailed.

I salute this dentist for passing along the cost. In fact, every printed receipt should actually say "Obamacare Fee" just to prove a point.
LOL..I see these threads about how business is dealing with increased taxes and I think....

Just wait until those taxes on the rich individuals pass and they react to it the same way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 09:08 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
all these problems, all these douche ceo's and whiney cry babies raising rates for something that hasn't even been enacted yet and yet imagine how this could have been a non-issue had we had a real progressive in office who would've pushed for single payer healthcare or even better Universal HealthCare. But nope obama caved in on it like he's done plenty of times before, and the republican barbarians who are just as much in the pocket of big pharma as well as the insurance companies would never hear of it. I could only hope one day a giant fireball falls on congress while they are sitting around twiddling there thumbs thinking of new abortion laws or better ways to restrict people's rights. I seriously wish that swamp we have for a government would be extinguished. Bunch of cowardly traitors the whole lot of them !
That would pretty much just make things worse.

I wish someone would get in office and push for plain and simple free market health care. How is it that the when the government gets involved in manipulating markets in the name of being "progressive" (health care, housing, college) it ends up in hyper inflation for those industries, yet people demand more of the same, or the same on steroids?

Old 11-16-2012, 09:13 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Device tax my ass. He's not doing this because of any tax. That got pulled out of a body orifice.

He's using it as a excuse to raise prices and make a political point.
Invisilign prices are higher for the dentist. Therefore, he either must pass that on or absorb the cost. It's your right not to get invisilign or go to another provider who may choose to absorb the cost (assuming they do).

Old 11-16-2012, 09:13 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Device tax my ass. He's not doing this because of any tax. That got pulled out of a body orifice.

He's using it as a excuse to raise prices and make a political point.
Except on important point,....at this time, the tax is real unless an exemption is obtained before January 1st.

If one owned his business, it would be perfectly acceptable to let the consumer know why the cost of treatment increased. Now, is that political or economic?

Old 11-16-2012, 09:14 AM

Insurance has nothing to do with dentistry. Few people are insured esp. for upscale braces.

In Utopian Britain you will not get invisilign. The stereotypes of bad British teeth exist for a reason.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:17 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Several medical device companies laid off workers the day after Obama was elected, including Welch Allyn, Stryker, Medtronic, and Smith & Nephew. Obama is going to take us on a further downhill course, as if he hasn't already hurt the economy enough already.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:17 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
That would pretty much just make things worse.

I wish someone would get in office and push for plain and simple free market health care. How is it that the when the government gets involved in manipulating markets in the name of being "progressive" (health care, housing, college) it ends up in hyper inflation for those industries, yet people demand more of the same, or the same on steroids?
Your free market is a delusional idea, why not make everything free market so this way we could fail that much quicker. You want police FREE MARKET, You want a hospital ?? FREE MARKET ! seriously you have any new ideas other than just spouting out BS free market crap ? the free market is a FAILURE we've seen what happens when we have a "supposed" free market those who have the most money CRUSH the smaller guys and then that leads to what we have now a plutocracy. I say to hell with the free market and to hell with all the nonsense. I do wish one day we could have a good old fashioned revolution in this country so that all the old dinosaurs who've done nothing but line their pockets while destroying this country could be sent to the guillotine or exiled to a desert island.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:21 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yes, quite easy to work cash deals with dentist offices still. Never had dental insurance; always did cash deal and I told them upfront I had no insurance.

Getting harder with doctors though but I have done it.
I have twins that both needed braces and our insurance didn't pay much of it. They were great about it and we worked out a payment plan. Those dam things are expensive. I guess I should have run around in circles flapping my arms screaming why somebody else isn't paying for it and how everything isn't fair and how Orthodontists are evil.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Your free market is a delusional idea, why not make everything free market so this way we could fail that much quicker. You want police FREE MARKET, You want a hospital ?? FREE MARKET ! seriously you have any new ideas other than just spouting out BS free market crap ? the free market is a FAILURE we've seen what happens when we have a "supposed" free market those who have the most money CRUSH the smaller guys and then that leads to what we have now a plutocracy. I say to hell with the free market and to hell with all the nonsense. I do wish one day we could have a good old fashioned revolution in this country so that all the old dinosaurs who've done nothing but line their pockets while destroying this country could be sent to the guillotine or exiled to a desert island.
Dentistry works great with a free market structure actually.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:23 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I have twins that both needed braces and our insurance didn't pay much of it. They were great about it and we worked out a payment plan. Those dam things are expensive. I guess I should have run around in circles flapping my arms screaming why somebody else isn't paying for it and how everything isn't fair and how Orthodontists are evil.
Same with us. We had to pay for our kids' braces and also for wisdom teeth extraction - not covered by either medical or dental insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies