Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 09:18 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post
I'm no John McCain fan (to put it mildly -- and I've happily voted for his 2008 opponent twice now) but your insinuation that McCain was in any way responsible for the Forrestal tragedy is embarrassingly repugnant.

You might want to re-think whether such blatant dishonesty is really the meme you want to project. As a liberal, I'll bluntly tell you that you should be ashamed of yourself.
You say that you are a liberal but you have demonstrated a sense of injustice when lies are propagated.

I think that you would feel more at home with conservativism - where truth is defended.

Both "liberal" and lie" begin with the same letter.

Coincidence? We don't think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 09:23 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGreco View Post
I like to know where was J. McCain:

2002 when the US Consulate in the Karachi, Pakistan, was attacked and 10 were killed?
2004 when the US embassy in Uzbekistan was attacked and two were killed and another nine injured?
2004, when the US Consulate in Saudi Arabia was stormed and 8 lost their lives?
2006, armed men attacked the US Embassy in Syria and one was murdered.
2007 a grenade was thrown at the US Embassy in Athens.
2008, the US Embassy in Serbia was set on fire.
2008, bombings in the US Embassy in Yemen killed 10.

Thank you.
He's partisan and a 2nd time sore loser and so are the republicans here on this forum.

Hypocrites all of 'em.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:14 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Default Finally, McCain shuts up

Petraeus Testifies, McCain Shuts Up
On Friday the Republican politicians who had so angrily demanded the testimony of David Petraeus about Benghazi got what they wanted - and what they deserved - when the former CIA director set forth the facts proving that their conspiracy theories and witch-hunts are dead wrong.

<snip>

But with McCain departing so abruptly after the Petraeus hearing, it was left to others, including House Intelligence Committee chair Peter King (R-NY), Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA), Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), and Sen. Kent Conrad (D-ND) to reveal what their Arizona colleague didn't care to discuss. In his testimony, Petraeus blew apart the half-baked theories offered by McCain and Graham - and left them looking foolish.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGreco View Post
He did!! IMHO it is a past tense. And he get his education and carrier on his own and not because his grandfather, his father, his...as your idol got.
so you are saying, McCain isn't as good as others in the military because he got his start based on daddy's enflence? Maybe The Obama girls will get their education based on daddy, does that make it wrong? God you guys just crack me up..You act like the only people who are worth their weight earned their way by starting out without any help. Well, as mentioned, smoking pot, using coke and being drunk while going to class doesn't does not sound like someone who made the best choices. While some were attending military schools and earning their place, others were getting accepted to elite schools because of affirmative action. Does that make one education more important than the other? BTW, our cammander in chief was not born into poverty I will mention...Just because he had mom who was in left field someplace and raised by grandparents does not mean poverty.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:49 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Love that headline.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
What I stated goes for both sides of the political aisle. As for age discrimination, as we grow older certatin faculties deterioriate, most people have enough sense to realize that they need to retire. In the case of the majority of the elderly politicians, re-election is a sport. They have more money than God and for them remaining in office represents power and prestige. They don't have enough sense to realize that they need to sit their old, tired worthless asses down and enjoy what's left of their ill gotten gains and obviously neither does their constituents.
So you are saying McCain should step down, how do you feel about Hillary running for Pres or Biden as the vp right now? How did you feel about Ron Paul or Nanci Pelosi for starters?

Old 11-18-2012, 10:14 AM

341 posts, read 641,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
so you are saying, McCain isn't as good as others in the military because he got his start based on daddy's enflence? Maybe The Obama girls will get their education based on daddy, does that make it wrong? God you guys just crack me up..You act like the only people who are worth their weight earned their way by starting out without any help. Well, as mentioned, smoking pot, using coke and being drunk while going to class doesn't does not sound like someone who made the best choices. While some were attending military schools and earning their place, others were getting accepted to elite schools because of affirmative action. Does that make one education more important than the other? BTW, our cammander in chief was not born into poverty I will mention...Just because he had mom who was in left field someplace and raised by grandparents does not mean poverty.
Education is not the same as get a job. Mr. McCain destroyed a few airplanes and he was ready for the next...accident...because? I wrote before.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:06 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Fair enough. I respect your opinion.

Buts it's not like they are being forced to work. They are being elected. Either way, I see a huge backlash of discrimination if there were to be age limits put in place.
Thank you. I respect yours and everyone else's opinion as well. However, in this case logic and reality is not on your side. All the nips and tucks to Nancy Pelosi's neck and face does not defy the reality that she is 72 years old. Minus the nips and tucks the same applies to John McCain and many others on both sides of the aisle. Additionally, while I appreciate his service to the country, he is not representative of intelligence or wisdom. Like many of the career politicians, he is a nothing more than someone with longtime name recognition, that took advantage of his service to the country as a stepping stone into the political arena. That being said IMO whenever they reach a certain age, all politicians need a memory and mental exam to ascertain whether dementia or other mind altering medical issues affects their decisions and behavior. I say this as someone who is 20+ years younger than the aforementioned whose memory is not what it was when I was in my 30's. While they are not alone, the game of politics and left vs right childish games and vindictiveness has no place when it comes to doing what is best for the country which is why I am a staunch advocate of age and term limits. No matter what side of the political aisle they are on, IMHO it is long past time for the long time, self aggrandizing losers to be put out to pasture.

Last edited by PurpleRain_1; 11-18-2012 at 11:34 AM..

Old 11-18-2012, 11:11 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I am not sure why Democrats are surprised or suddenly don't want investiagtions. They called for them continoiusly when they held the house.What goes around ;comes around.Not wantig to know and hear pulbicly what happened is really strange to me witt eh history of investigations i modren poltics;especailly Liberals callig for hearings.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:24 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
So you are saying McCain should step down, how do you feel about Hillary running for Pres or Biden as the vp right now? How did you feel about Ron Paul or Nanci Pelosi for starters?
For different reasons, I have a lot of respect for both Hillary and Ron Paul. IMO politically McCain, Pelosi and Biden are pathetic clowns that have long outlived their usefulness. Out of the 4, I have the most respect for Ron Paul who is not part of the political BS self aggrandizing club. Unfortunately, I have the least amount of respect for the voters, who in my opinion have for decades been representative of the definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies