Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 12:14 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
You guys from the right are so far off the information path, it isn't funny anymore. Let me give you the straight scoop from the cloakroom.

First, In Obama's first press conference since being re-elected, he said "you want to pick a fight over Benghazi? Well, pick a fight with me. Bring it on." Leads me to believe that republicans are too chicken to go after Obama.

Second, the real agenda of the republicasn party is to get John Kerry positioned as Sec. of State over Rice. This opens up a democratic seat in the Senate that they can run Scott Brown in and probably win. The attacks on Susan Rice have nothing to do with Benghazi. It's all about the open senate seat repubs want to get back.
It won't matter about any Senate seats if Kerry becomes Sec of State. He'll screw the pooch so badly right away, we'll be in full scale war from the start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 12:16 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I most certainly have availed myself of the information provided for by Representative Peter King. I think you need to review that information. Because you and Glen Beck are not accurately representing Mr King's remarks. More than that, you aren't accurately representing Ms Rice's remarks. She is on the record as saying that there was a terrorist element in the attacks, on that infamous Sunday when she appeared on multiple political talk shows. At the time, neither the CIA nor anyone else actually understood the nature of the attacks. And I use the plural "attacks" because there was an attack on the embassy and a later attack on the annex. The attacks were distinctive, which suggests that distinctions need to be made in who was involved, and the aims of the people involved.

Your presumption that the intelligence story was deliberately changed simply is not supported by the facts. At that time, the intelligence story was evolving, as more information was being acquired. Ms Rice spoke according to what she knew. Petraeus at the time spoke to Congress according to what he knew. And yesterday, when Petraeus spoke, according to Representative King, what Petraeus knew had substantively changed.
I will have to disagree with you since what King said this morning about what Petraeus said this morning is not what you refer to as being yesterday. No, I am sure that you haven't read or heard what King said this morning. He did say that Petraeus said that the CIA had said almost immediately that it was terror and not a spontaneous action as Rice said on TV that morning. I watched two of those performances and you failed to tell it as I saw on both of them. She did not mention terror either time although Wallace did give her an opportunity to tell it that way. I think you will find that she told the story she was given by somebody in the White House.

You say that an embassy in Benghazi was attacked and I know you know better than that. It was the Consulate in Benghazi that the attack took part in, not the embassy that is in Tripoli.

Rice shouldn't have been the messenger since she is not really involved with the government other than as a representative to the UN. She had no way other than listening to whoever gave her the story, to know anything other than what she could gain from the media. Maybe that is the reason she sounded so convinced when she told the story they made up for her.

You have just forced me to listen to Glenn Beck from this morning since I didn't listen to him. Three hours shot in the ass and I know you didn't hear him, either. Oh well, sometimes you people do try very hard to get your story to be the official one.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:19 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You say that an embassy in Benghazi was attacked and I know you know better than that. It was the Consulate in Benghazi that the attack took part in, not the embassy that is in Tripoli.
I keep saying that too

Old 11-16-2012, 12:20 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Nice "redirection" of the facts.

Pre-election Obama hid behind Hillary and let her accept responsibility for Benghazi. Obama let Susan Rice go out and make an idiot of herself on national televison, sacrificing all her credibility and probably sabotaging any hope of being SOS.

After the election, suddenly he's tough guy puffing out his chest.

BFD.

Obama hid behind two women. You can also make the case he hid behind Candy Crowley in the debates. He's a coward.

What do you want from a freaking wuss! A lying scumbag wuss he is. People lie for one reason, and one reason only.

They don't want the real truth to come out, most of us could figure this out.

Obama cannot accept and bear no responsibility for any of his wrong doings, making excuses for him, does not help the situation. He knew more then he is telling, what are we all stupid now.

A liar is a liar, tells one lie, the rest get bigger. But truth always has a way of prevailing. And sometimes those who are guilty pay no conseuences.

Lied for how many weeks, when they knew give me a freaking break here. They knew, and are covering up their butt's.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:20 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,656,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
It won't matter about any Senate seats if Kerry becomes Sec of State. He'll screw the pooch so badly right away, we'll be in full scale war from the start.
that may be so but I'm here to inform anybody who will take the time to listen, that the attacks on Susan Rice, who probably knew less about Benghazi than anybody else in the administration, is a political ploy by Republicans McCain and Graham to derail her nomination so Kerry will get it by default. Then the repubs can run Scott Brown for the empty senate seat and most likely win it.

I wish people would stop sniping at each other and see what's really going on here. McCain is in the process of trying to give the US senate a full wedgie while everyone is distracted.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:21 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
I will have to disagree with you since what King said this morning about what Petraeus said this morning is not what you refer to as being yesterday. No, I am sure that you haven't read or heard what King said this morning. He did say that Petraeus said that the CIA had said almost immediately that it was terror and not a spontaneous action as Rice said on TV that morning. I watched two of those performances and you failed to tell it as I saw on both of them. She did not mention terror either time although Wallace did give her an opportunity to tell it that way. I think you will find that she told the story she was given by somebody in the White House.

Rice shouldn't have been the messenger since she is not really involved with the government other than as a representative to the UN. She had no way other than listening to whoever gave her the story, to know anything other than what she could gain from the media. Maybe that is the reason she sounded so convinced when she told the story they made up for her.

You have just forced me to listen to Glenn Beck from this morning since I didn't listen to him. Three hours shot in the ass and I know you didn't hear him, either. Oh well, sometimes you people do try very hard to get your story to be the official one.
Petraeus gave his testimony YESTERDAY. King has remarked on it both YESTERDAY and TODAY.

And King has not said in any of his remarks that Petraeus claimed that the information provided by him after the attack was changed by anyone, in or out of the CIA.

And I'm sorry, yes consulate in Benghazi. Wow, I should be shot for saying embassy instead of consulate!

Old 11-16-2012, 12:21 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,365,792 times
It's pretty obvious why she was sent out to lie.

It was a test to see how well she can stand up in front of America and read from Jarrett's scripts.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:22 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
"As I've said before she made an appearance at the request of the White House in which she gave her best understanding of the intelligence that had been provided to her. If Senator McCain and Senator Graham and others want to go after somebody, they should go after me and I'm happy to have that discussion with them. But for them to go after the UN Ambassador who had nothing to do with Benghazi and was simply making a presentation based on intelligence she had received and to besmirch her reputation is outrageous."

How in hell did you put me in place? By quoting Obama yesterday when he made his cowardly attempt to deflect from his tool, Susan Rice? You need to see what Petraeus said this morning about what the CIA had reported and how somebody changed it completely to what she was given as what happened. She was told what somebody in the White House wanted told and not the official intelligence story. The Won is about to get his whole foot in his mouth and you may want to move you lips from his hind end when he makes it.

Yeah, you put me in my place but with day old info that looks a lot less true today.
Cowards are those who accuse someone when the person can't defend. Get it Roy?

And the President is challenging the accusers to go after him instead. But in your little world that runs only goes backwards, THAT is a bad thing.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:24 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
the repubs can run Scott Brown for the empty senate seat and most likely win it. McCain is in the process of trying to give the US senate a full wedgie while everyone is distracted.
But the republicans would not have had this opportunity in the first place,
if Obama's administration, and yes that includes Ambassador Rice to the UN,
told fish tales.

I think Susan Rice knows more about Libya than most. She's the one who brought
the argument for UN involvement on behalf of the US in the first place to the UN.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:27 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
But the republicans would not have had this opportunity in the first place,
if Obama's administration, and yes that includes Ambassador Rice to the UN, told fish tales.
Yeah, because they are worse at humping than a neutered dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies