Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 01:07 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
Please educate me.
OK...

Quote:
Why all the attention, fixation and so much media coverage regarding Susan Rice, when, it was Obama himself that went to the United Nations and made that speech regarding the alleged video. He even sort of admitted he is the one who gave the talking points to her. It seems to me what he did was far worse. Going before the UN making a fool out of himself and the United States. Where am I going wrong?

The GOP senate is trying to force Obama's hand. They want him to choose John Kerry. If Kerry becomes Sec of State, that creates an open seat for Massachussetts in the senate. And the Republicans think they can slip Scott Brown back in.

It's just partisan politics, nothing more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 01:12 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Sheeee it it is tough to have to put up with the kind of reasoning you throw around.
I know. From the cries, I bet it is more than just tough to deal with reasonings, rather painful for y'all.

Quote:
I believe that you just can't see that an attack on her, about this situation, is an attack on The Won who sent her out there that day.
You just defined republicanism. The neutered ones clearly can't handle attacking the President directly, even as he has challenged them to. So, they choose to bark up the wrong tree.

Quote:
I just heard King say again that Petraeus said that he didn't know who put out that story she told but it sure wasn't what the CIA had told the White House. Keep trying Ghost.
You "heard".

Old 11-16-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Hmm, the old "attack the messenger" debate trick. Dude, people only do that when they've lost the argument. And their dignity.
I told you, you were simply the messenger... the kind of message one that comes from Fox News and Limbaugh's rear.

Nevermind this idea of debate:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
He is a coward who likes to hide behind women's skirts and the MSM lets him get away with it.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:17 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post

You "heard".
Petraeus believed terrorists behind Libya attack - SFGate

Ex-CIA Director David Petraeus told lawmakers Friday that classified intelligence showed the deadly raid on the U.S. Consulate in Libya was a terrorist attack, but that the administration withheld the suspected role of specific al-Qaida affiliates to avoid tipping off the terrorist groups.

Read more: Petraeus believed terrorists behind Libya attack - SFGate

So they didn't want to tip off the terrorist groups that were involved in the terror attack?

Petraeus told lawmakers that security at the consulate was so lax that protesters literally walked in and set fire to the facility, according to a congressional official who attended the briefing, leading to Ambassador Chris Stevens' death from smoke inhalation. Petraeus said security at the CIA annex was much better, but the attackers had armaments to get in.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:19 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
that may be so but I'm here to inform anybody who will take the time to listen, that the attacks on Susan Rice, who probably knew less about Benghazi than anybody else in the administration, is a political ploy by Republicans McCain and Graham to derail her nomination so Kerry will get it by default. Then the repubs can run Scott Brown for the empty senate seat and most likely win it.

I wish people would stop sniping at each other and see what's really going on here. McCain is in the process of trying to give the US senate a full wedgie while everyone is distracted.
In your opinion.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Petraeus believed terrorists behind Libya attack - SFGate

Ex-CIA Director David Petraeus told lawmakers Friday that classified intelligence showed the deadly raid on the U.S. Consulate in Libya was a terrorist attack, but that the administration withheld the suspected role of specific al-Qaida affiliates to avoid tipping off the terrorist groups.

So they didn't want to tip off the terrorist groups that were involved in the terror attack?
What do you think? This is from your source:

"The recently resigned spy chief explained that references to terrorist groups suspected of carrying out the violence were removed from the public explanation of what caused the attack so as not to tip off the groups that the U.S. intelligence community was on their trail, according to lawmakers who attended the private briefings."

But then, y'all are right wingers for a reason.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:22 PM

7,140 posts, read 4,735,089 times
Quote:
Ignorance on the subject. This is President Obama:

"As I've said before she made an appearance at the request of the White House in which she gave her best understanding of the intelligence that had been provided to her. If Senator McCain and Senator Graham and others want to go after somebody, they should go after me and I'm happy to have that discussion with them. But for them to go after the UN Ambassador who had nothing to do with Benghazi and was simply making a presentation based on intelligence she had received and to besmirch her reputation is outrageous."

And you demonstrate ALL the traits of a Fox News and Limbaugh believer... but that didn't start with this thread either.

He's right!
He and his administration who changed the truth to lies are those that ought to be besmirched. Just like they lied about the Fort Hood incident, calling it a "workplace violence incident." Protecting classified information is one thing. Lying, is another. They lie to Americans just like the Bush admin did. Two sides of one coin.
best,
toodie

Old 11-16-2012, 01:23 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You aren't going wrong. The buck stops with the head honcho.

Yep. I think deep down he hates women.

I don't see anybody giving 0bama a free pass. Well, except the media. And goofy low IQ 0bots.

Yep. That good ol' ignore button works wonders to free one's life of the irrelevant clutter.
To be fair, I think he hates anyone that isn't, well, "him". He has such a love affair with himself, everyone else it disposable.

But yes, I think he hates women and gays. Why aren't the gays up in arms about the fact that Obama left a gay man to die at the hands of terrorists that not only wanted to kill him, but torture him?

Old 11-16-2012, 01:26 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,871,176 times
Quote:
Considering that ignorance is what I must deal with, there can be no redirection, but to force direction. I used your stupid argument for it. If you could actually read and comprehend statements for yourself, if not hear it, you certainly won't do worse than being told what and how to think of anything. That is where your blind loyalty to Fox News and Limbaugh shows its ugly face (technically, it ain't a face, as I said, it is the rear where tuck in your ears to listen and obey).

Trust me, you're NOT capable of getting facts.
Your Mommy really did a number on you little guy.

Old 11-16-2012, 01:29 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
What do you think?
I haven't quite digested it. Except I can't believe a word my government says.

Here's more:

Petraeus testified that the CIA draft written in response to the raid referred to militant groups Ansar al-Shariah and al-Qaida in the Islamic Maghreb but those names were replaced with the word "extremist" in the final draft, according to a congressional staffer. The staffer said Petraeus testified that he allowed other agencies to alter the talking points as they saw fit without asking for final review to get them out quickly.

We've got problems in high places, that is for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies