Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 09:20 AM

126 posts, read 89,749 times

Advertisements

Jewish community calls for compulsory Holocaust studies - National News | TVNZ

Stay strong NZ! Don't bend over and take it like everyone else has...absolutely pointless to have this crap in NZ school just like its pointless to have it in the US neither country did anything to the jewish race so why must we be forced to learn about it? There are TONS of other historical things that are left out of history book that actually have to do with our country and history because this is forced on us...and its "anti semetic" to not have it in there...

Old 11-16-2012, 09:21 AM

It says New Zealand is obligated under United Nations law to teach it

SERIOUSLY!? Since when do sovereign nations have to do what the UN says to do when it comes to what to teach in school? Wow....

Old 11-16-2012, 09:23 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
anybody that steps up and teaches about what can happen in a modern european based society is doing a lot of good.
our k12 does not suffer from too much education but from not enough.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:26 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernFreeSpirit View Post
Jewish community calls for compulsory Holocaust studies - National News | TVNZ

Stay strong NZ! Don't bend over and take it like everyone else has...absolutely pointless to have this crap in NZ school just like its pointless to have it in the US neither country did anything to the jewish race so why must we be forced to learn about it? There are TONS of other historical things that are left out of history book that actually have to do with our country and history because this is forced on us...and its "anti semetic" to not have it in there...
I'd like to know who you think countries are "bending over and taking it" from?

I'd also like to know why you don't think it's relevant to teach about an event in which 6.5 million people were killed....?

Old 11-16-2012, 09:30 AM

Every country that has bent to the will of "jewish community directors" or some other such nonsense...it didn't happen in NZ so why does it need taught in NZ? Do they teach about the 20 million christians killed under Stalin? The indians slaughtered in the US? I mean come on...if it has nothing to do with your history what's the point? If you force something on people they are just going to ignore it or find details out on their own...believe me with all the books,magazine articles,movies,etc etc about the holocaust ain't no one going to forget it.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Every country that has bent to the will of "jewish community directors" or some other such nonsense...it didn't happen in NZ so why does it need taught in NZ? Do they teach about the 20 million christians killed under Stalin? The indians slaughtered in the US? I mean come on...if it has nothing to do with your history what's the point? If you force something on people they are just going to ignore it or find details out on their own...believe me with all the books,magazine articles,movies,etc etc about the holocaust ain't no one going to forget it.
Aside from the fact that you sound like an anti-semite yourself, all mentioned-- Stalin's slaughter, the Holocaust, etc. should be studied in a history class.

The point is it's part of human history that people can learn from. Are you also ignorant of the fact that the US led the liberation of concentration camps... which makes it part of our history...

Old 11-16-2012, 09:37 AM

Point being Stalin's slaughter isn't taught in US classes...I know I was never taught about it...I am not an anti semite I just don't like bullies and that's exactly what they are acting like...threatening the law of the UN and Israel its self trying to demand another nation do as its told...who the hell they think they are? Oh I do know the US led the liberation of them but we still had nothing to do with the holocaust other than that...I remember having to deal with the holocaust for an entire month while things that shaped our nation got less than a day or 2....its pathetic.You want to learn more about the holocaust then send your child to a special class or get a bunch of parents together and ask for a class your child can attend during the day...I would rather learn about what formed my nation...

Old 11-16-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
I am not an anti semite
Yet you make allusions to the Jewish people making governments bend over and take it?

Quote:
I just don't like bullies and that's exactly what they are acting like...
Who? In New Zealand? If you don't think anyone should study history that doesn't effect their own country, why are you suddenly concerned about New Zealand?

Quote:
Oh I do know the US led the liberation of them but we still had nothing to do with the holocaust other than that...
So we had nothing to do with it-- Other than ending it... But it shouldn't be taught? You have odd criteria for what should and shouldn't be taught in history. Of course, you're trying to do this without sound like a raging anti-semite-- which makes for an inconsistent stance.

Quote:
I remember having to deal with the holocaust for an entire month
Wow.. Imagine how the 6.5 million felt who were interred for years and than killed felt. "An entire month," you poor thing. Maybe you can find a Jew doctor to treat you for the stress....

Old 11-16-2012, 09:43 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I'd like to know who you think countries are "bending over and taking it" from?

I'd also like to know why you don't think it's relevant to teach about an event in which 6.5 million people were killed....?
Actually, Jews weren't the only ones killed in WW 2.

Peace.
Brian

Old 11-16-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Yet you make allusions to the Jewish people making governments bend over and take it?

Who? In New Zealand? If you don't think anyone should study history that doesn't effect their own country, why are you suddenly concerned about New Zealand?

So we had nothing to do with it-- Other than ending it... But it shouldn't be taught? You have odd criteria for what should and shouldn't be taught in history. Of course, you're trying to do this without sound like a raging anti-semite-- which makes for an inconsistent stance.

Wow.. Imagine how the 6.5 million felt who were interred for years and than killed felt. "An entire month," you poor thing. Maybe you can find a Jew doctor to treat you for the stress....
Not the jewish people. Jewish groups with power. I have nothing at all against your every day jewish person..Hell probably couldn't even pick one out on the street...Just like I have something against when Hispanic or Black groups with power try to push crap on everyone...hell same with White groups that try to push crap on everyone. I am concerned about NZ because if you follow things like this its a never ending story...its always something new and when NZ say no there will be protests and marches,boycotts and calls that they are anti semitic. Its pathetic it truly is.Taught sure but like I said I spent a MONTH on it...it was absolutely dull....I could have been taught all the things I learned in less than a day...we even had to do a book report on anne franks diary and watch the movie...my god....I don't need any doctor for stress...another example why is the millions of Japanese and German Americans who were thrown in prison camps during ww2 not covered as well as the holocaust? That happened right here in the US...I was NEVER told about that in school...like I said they skip entire chapters of our own history...Think what you want no one here is an anti semite you are just proving my point...when these powerful groups don't get their way them and their lackeys call anyone who disagrees a racist or anti semitic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies