U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 01:41 PM

12,977 posts, read 12,540,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
While we lived there we heard plenty of stories, but I never witnessed anything myself. Lots of American evangelicals and I stay as far away from them as I can. Heard stories about what happened to gays that lived there. Quite a few gay volunteers but nothing happened to them even though they didn't hide that fact.

We'll be visiting in less than 2 months - mainly to see our Ugandan friends. Watched a BBC programme about what it's like to be gay in Uganda and the attitudes of those who hate them. Makes me sad. I can't change it and it would be pointless to bring up the topic while we are there. It's up to the educated younger generation of Ugandans to convince the country of the truth.
Good point, the next generation will hopefully make positive changes.

What is so infuriating about people with these hateful beliefs is they can regurgitate all this hateful rhetoric with little accountability, but as soon as someone actually takes what they are saying seriously and implements the death penalty based on their speeches, conferences, and direct involvement, then they feel they are not responsible for the outcomes. These individuals and the organizations they represent have blood on their hands, and people here defending them, or denying their accountability are sickening.

Old 11-17-2012, 03:10 PM

15,721 posts, read 9,947,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Just went and read another review and they mention nothing about Americans stirring up all this trouble in Uganda. Perhaps you should recant your rantings and I'll let it be.
I can't tell if you want to ignore reality, or are just being stubborn. The influence of American evangelicals was heavily discussed when this bill was first proposed a few years ago.

Uganda’s “Kill the Gays” Bill Reintroduced | Human Rights Campaign

As HRC has previously reported, Uganda’s “Kill the Gays” bill has received support from American religious extremists, including Scott Lively and Lou Engle.

U.S. Pastors Exporting Bigotry to Uganda with Murderous Results | Human Rights Campaign

The Family Research Council has also spent 10s of thousands of dollars lobbying Congress to not try and stop Uganda from passing this bill.

How on Earth can anyone believe they are following Jesus when they are advocating execution of gay people? Baffles my mind that amount of hate the exists in the minds of religious extremists. Uganda is also proof that Christianity still has sociopaths just as evil and destructive as Islam. These Uganda "Christians" are no better than the Muslims who caused 9/11.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or