Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 03:51 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Umm.. succeed? Y'know, sell more? Increase market share? Do what businesses (mine and every other won in the country) do to make money. Increase revenue?

Profit isn't guaranteed.

The rightwing is so hot on competition-- Get your ass in gear and be successful!

(They also could lower dividends returned to shareholders a very small amount)
Hard to do when the government is holding you back.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:53 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Yay! Another multi-millionaire "job creator" is having a temper tantrum and throwing a bunch of middle class Americans out of work. Let's all go and buy a bunch of the multi-millionaire's subpar pizzas to show him that we are all behind him putting people out of work!

Witness the mindset of the GOP. Don't give a rip about your fellow Americans--it's all RED TEAM! RED TEAM! RAH! RAH! RAH! You guys deserved the drubbing you got last week.
No, no, no....it's the mindset of Obama. Didn't he call for revenge?

Old 11-16-2012, 03:54 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default Who cares?

This is akin to "Pet Rock Appreciation Day" and is about as idiotic and meaningless as a person with a mental disorder believing that they can change the molecular structure of water by simply expressing loving sentiments to the water.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:54 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
No, no, no....it's the mindset of Obama. Didn't he call for revenge?
My favorite quote by Obama along the lines is... "don't boo... just vote".

And people did.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:00 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Look, I think the guy is creepy, and I don't support his actions, and I would never eat that garbage pizza, but according to you, a guy that created and runs a business that employs 16,000 people and has a value of over $1B doesnt work hard? And somehow you think that you should get to dictate how much profit is "too much" before he should give it back to his employees?
How about a guy who has a net worth over $1 billion give a little bit back to the people who work for him, instead of making them suffer because he doesn't want to have to put out a few million--literally pocket change to him--so that the people who man his stores and keep the money flowing can have a few benefits? Why not instead of giving away two million pizzas he puts all the money he seems willing to give away to help his employees instead?

But no, he couldn't act like a five year old who didn't get his way doing that, which is obviously MUCH more important to him than the lives of thousands of people who come in to work in his stores every day, just trying to survive and put food on their table.

Sorry, but in my book this man is slime. He represents the typical 1% mentality--I got mine, the hell with everybody else.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:03 PM

2,131 posts, read 4,914,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
What is all the fuss with this lousy pizza jockey? Buy Ledos Pizza
The closest location to me is over 2,000 miles away. Will they deliver?

Old 11-16-2012, 04:05 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
How about a guy who has a net worth over $1 billion give a little bit back to the people who work for him, instead of making them suffer because he doesn't want to have to put out a few million--literally pocket change to him--so that the people who man his stores and keep the money flowing can have a few benefits? Why not instead of giving away two million pizzas he puts all the money he seems willing to lose to help his employees instead?

But no, he couldn't act like a five year old who didn't get is way doing that, which is obviously MUCH more important to him than the lives of thousands of people who come in to work in his stores every day, just trying to survive and put food on their table.

Sorry, but in my book this man is slime. He represents the typical 1% mentality--I got mine, the hell with everybody else.
Hey, like I said, I don't like the guy that much either, but it is totally up to him. Maybe he thinks that making a point will be a short term source of pain to he and his employees, but will be a long term benefit. You just dont know, but what I do know is that I'm happy he has the choice to do as he wishes, and am just as happy that all 16,000 of his employees could quit work tomorrow and look for a new job, or go start something on their own.

What I am the least happy about is our federal government thinking that they should take it upon themselves to try and extract money from businesses to redistribute as they see fit. We need a minimal version of that from our federal government, but more importantly we need to make sure the money is spent wisely and it only goes to those that TRULY need it.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:06 PM

420 posts, read 335,148 times
Quote:
Look, I think the guy is creepy, and I don't support his actions, and I would never eat that garbage pizza, but according to you, a guy that created and runs a business that employs 16,000 people and has a value of over $1B doesnt work hard? And somehow you think that you should get to dictate how much profit is "too much" before he should give it back to his employees?

I'm sure there are starving people all over the world that would be in awe of the size of your home and your pay check, why are you not giving them all of YOUR "extra" money to better their lives?

I don't celebrate his political message or his actions, but I definitely celebrate the fact that he was given the freedom to create such a hugely successful business that created 16,000 jobs that we otherwise wouldn't have.
I agree, and this is basically what I just told my wife after reading the post you're referring to. However, I too am sick of listening to obesely fat cats whining about politics. The fattest cats of them all - Gates and Buffet - haven't said much, if anything at all. It's obvious what's at play here, and it has nothing to do with economics.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:09 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunValleyRoadKing View Post
I agree, and this is basically what I just told my wife after reading the post you're referring to. However, I too am sick of obesely fat cats whining about politics. The fattest cats of them all - Gates and Buffet - haven't said much, if anything at all. It's obvious what's at play here, and it has nothing to do with economics.
I don't know, Buffet was running his mouth for a while about how its not fair that his secretary pays a higher % in taxes than he does, while the whole time he has been fighting to not pay the government almost $1B in back taxes. MANY of them are terrible, but putting sanctions in place on all of them hurts the good ones and that is just not fair, and really doesn't help anything.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:12 PM

420 posts, read 335,148 times
Quote:
Hey, like I said, I don't like the guy that much either, but it is totally up to him. Maybe he thinks that making a point will be a short term source of pain to he and his employees, but will be a long term benefit. You just dont know, but what I do know is that I'm happy he has the choice to do as he wishes, and am just as happy that all 16,000 of his employees could quit work tomorrow and look for a new job, or go start something on their own.

What I am the least happy about is our federal government thinking that they should take it upon themselves to try and extract money from businesses to redistribute as they see fit. We need a minimal version of that from our federal government, but more importantly we need to make sure the money is spent wisely and it only goes to those that TRULY need it.
I'm pretty much in agreement with you, but taxation is in the Constitution. Do you think we should amend the Constitution so that govt. no longer has the ability to tax?

As a side note: Why has it become popular to refer to taxation as "redistribution?" Do some people not realize that ALL taxation is "redistribution of wealth?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies