Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 02:55 PM

25,591 posts, read 56,363,195 times

Advertisements

Even Rep. King, a very vocal, political posturing critic of the Administration, said today Susan Rice was only authorized to speak to the factual intelligence data available at the time. After all his damn hollering up to this point - stoking the flames of a witchhunt.

After watching McCain over the past two days, I've come to the conclusion he is in the early stages of dementia and beginning to look like a doddering old fool. His statements and actions belie all common sense. Instead of attending an intelligence briefing on Benghazi, he grandstands on public television without having any facts, saying there's a coverup, Susan Rice is not credible, the Administration is hiding something and she is complicit in it - and yet - he doesn't attend the meeting where he would get the facts.

Further, in the Senate/House yesterday, the Congress was reduced to shouting/pointing fingers at each other because the State Department had asked for more money and the GOP TURNED IT DOWN.

90% of these politicians should be given the boot. 90% of them.

Since they can't stop pandering to their party and put the good of the country first, they don't deserve the $175,000/yr we are paying them. They should be patriots first, politicians second.

These long-term pols are all plenty fat and rich - at our expense.

It is DISGUSTING.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 02:58 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,338,815 times
Default Republicans continue to stink

Having been annihilated and totally rejected with this great President's reelection, they are now struggling to appear relevant and imploding. They have shown that their judgment and instincts are horrendous, so it's no surprise they are focused on this. What a continuing bunch of losers.

Much ado about nothing.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:59 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,766,652 times
Originally Posted by mlassoff
"It's worse than watergate..."

"Impeachment!"

So as the RWNJ's and conspiracy theorists desperately try to insinuate some type of cover-up on the Benghazi tragedy, I am left with one question: Why?

Why was it advantageous for the president to cover up what transpired in Benghazi? What was the motivation?

Bad intelligence sounds like a much more plausible explanation then a coverup that, in reality, benefits no one. That is, of course, unless you're so desperate and distraught over the reelection of the President that your willing to believe anything-- no matter how implausible that give you hope of reprieve.

Quote:
Posted by Steven_h
Are you kidding? No reason at all...except an election that could have been lost. Why was the propaganda machine dead quiet about it? With four people murdered, and the absolute bungling of security, this administration is still deflecting the subject while focusing of how badly Rice has been treated.

Come on Man!

How has the "bad intelligence" been spun with regards to WMDs in Iraq?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Irrelevant.. however, the bad intelligence got us in to a war that might not have had to be fought. Where was the right wing calling for investigations and impeachment then?
So you had nothing to say about the main points I made, and chose to fixate on something familiar... Bushblame! On top of that you proceeded do exactly what you say the right is doing now.

SNAFU logic Want a cracker?

Old 11-16-2012, 03:00 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,666,932 times
Obama supporters prefer to think that life cheated them and that they could exact revenge by taxing the rich.

However well we understand the psychology, the American people, especially those who are most likely to pay the price for their vote, have made a serious miscalculation. Resenting people who are successful will make you less likely to emulate the good habits that brought them, and can bring you, success.

From Obama’s perspective, he has just succeeded. He has just won. The American people have just approved of his job performance. Why would he change the way he does his job?

Old 11-16-2012, 03:01 PM

25,591 posts, read 56,363,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Having been annihilated and totally rejected with this great President's reelection, they are now struggling to appear relevant and imploding. They have shown that their judgment and instincts are horrendous, so it's no surprise they are focused on this. What a continuing bunch of losers.

Much ado about nothing.
Absolutely. And, they're beginning to look worse by the minute. Rep. King was very subdued after the briefing w/Petraeus today.

What a gaggle of sniveling, petty, dumbasses.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:01 PM

11,011 posts, read 10,996,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I couldn't care less about what party you associate with. I care about what you post.
And what, pray tell, have I said that caused you to get so indignant? I even went so far as to further explain my thought process in my previous posting. This was your response. I suggest you stop looking at each person that doesn't agree with you 100% as the enemy and see that some of us just want our government representatives to act like honest and mature adults no matter what side of the aisle they sit upon.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:04 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,666,932 times
They don't want to work but defending Obama is going to be a full time job. lol

Old 11-16-2012, 03:05 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,767,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
And what, pray tell, have I said that caused you to get so indignant? I even went so far as to further explain my thought process in my previous posting. This was your response. I suggest you stop looking at each person that doesn't agree with you 100% as the enemy and see that some of us just want our government representatives to act like honest and mature adults no matter what side of the aisle they sit upon.
Did you miss your first post and my response to it?

Old 11-16-2012, 03:14 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,766,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post

Much ado about nothing.
Gad zooks... how so many people can live in the same country and share totally opposite realities is beyond me. Is your definition of success having a country on the verge of collapse? Is this how progressives define a great victory?

You absolve Obama of everything he has done wrong, yet see nothing but failure in anyone not pandering to the liberal view. What don't you understand about an equally weighted governance based on opposing ideas? How do you think this country became great? Being on the same side means allowing opposing views while sharing the same ultimate goal.

Now we have uber-partisan children playing politics with peoples lives. Either we are strong together or we continue to be divided and weak. But, children will be children and they don't always play well together. Hence the light speed decline of America over the last 12 years.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:17 PM

11,011 posts, read 10,996,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Did you miss your first post and my response to it?
I did not. You suggested I 'suddenly' made this decision because it made me sound good. Well, sorry to disappoint, but it's actually how I feel. Having been around the gov't enough when I was in the Marine Corps, I tend to err on the side of incompetence vice conspiracy when I see things go horribly wrong in our gov't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies