Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 11:53 AM

15,323 posts, read 23,903,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I would like to know if the majority of Israelis support what their gov't is doing.
Hard to say. I'd have to believe there are many for it, many against it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times
Quote:
Then why are we supporting, training, funding, and arming al Qaeda, MB and other jihadi's?
We like to diversify.

20,054 posts, read 18,274,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Anti-Semites who pretend sympathy for people they'd hate under any under circumstances. If Palestinian leaders ran here we'd call them extreme far right KKK members. But they're sticking it to the Jews so let's support them!
This goes for Christian Palestinians also? Are they exempt from Israeli bombing? Or do they not count because they make up 10-20% of the population only?

I take it you support forcible extraction of US taxpayer funds for another country?

Old 11-17-2012, 11:55 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,870,751 times
You anti-Israel leftists are all a bunch of ridiculous hypocrites. You rightfully condemn the religious right . . . and then you turn around and support the Hamas and the Palestinians in their quest to replace Israel with an Islamic theocracy.

It's disgusting. If a group of right wing religious fanatics were shelling your own damned cities you'd be the first to demand action. But when said religous fanatics shell Israeli cities all of sudden it's okay because well they're Muslim.

Disgusting!

Old 11-17-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Another strawman argument. This isn't about religion, which is good which is bad, it's about people dying because countries thrive on war and domination, instead of seeking peace.
Whatever. Ask this guy what he thinks:

John Hagee for Israel: 'Prevent Obama from sacrificing G-d's holy Israel for Palestine" CUFI'11 - YouTube

Old 11-17-2012, 11:57 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,274,359 times
Quote:
You anti-Israel leftists are all a bunch of ridiculous hypocrites. You rightfully condemn the religious right . . . and then you turn around and support the Hamas and the Palestinians in their quest to replace Israel with an Islamic theocracy.

It's disgusting. If a group of right wing religious fanatics were shelling your own damned cities you'd be the first to demand action. But when said religous fanatics shell Israeli cities all of sudden it's okay because well they're Muslim.

Disgusting!
I guarantee that I'm more right wing than you are and I do not support Israel other than through prayer, and that is much better than money.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
This goes for Christian Palestinians also? Are they exempt from Israeli bombing? Or do they not count because they make up 10-20% of the population only?

I take it you support forcible extraction of US taxpayer funds for another country?
The majority of Palestinians are Muslim. Palestinian Christians have been repeatedly pushed out by Muslim fundies. I suppose that okay, right? Incidentally there's a sizeable minority of Israelis who are Christian and Muslim. Is it okay to shell them?

BTW, we fund the Palestinians too. We also fund the Egyptians to the tune of millions while they oppress Christians and non-fundy Muslims. Are you okay with that? Or is it just money that goes to Israelis that bugs you?

Old 11-17-2012, 11:59 AM

15,323 posts, read 23,903,789 times
Quote:

Disgusting!
I don't support either side. I think the military and leaders of both sides are jackasses big time.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
You Europeans have been brainwashed by the Arab media and your guilt about the holocaust. You don't want to think that your grandparents helped murder millions of Jews so you focus on Israel's minor crimes to make you feel better about yourself.

Otherwise you'd never support a group of Islamic nationalist theocrats. You're the ones who need to take a look at yourselves and ask why.
I believe we are for humanity and humanitarian conditions for all. This is as much true today for Palestinians under Israel oppression as it was for the Jews under Hitler.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I guarantee that I'm more right wing than you are and I do not support Israel other than through prayer, and that is much better than money.
I have never voted right wing in my life and never will. The right wing is disgusting. They want to force us all into serfdom and theocracy.

I just fail to understand the leftist sympathy for the Palestinians in their quest to establish a Muslim fundie state. Any state established by Hamas is hardly going to be some leftist utopia. It would probably be the opposite. So why the sympathy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies