Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 04:26 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Catholic Church spent million fighting marriage equality this election cycle – LGBTQ Nation

The church seems to care more about keeping gay americans from marrying than providing for people in poverty these days.
Hats off to you, for typing all that while keeping your head buried in the sand.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:29 PM

753 posts, read 727,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
There's no such thing as 'spirituality' without standards and absolutes. To think othewise is to fool oneself.

It's a matter of opinion and perspective. It's always "improvement" when one gets what one wants.
The world moves forward.

You just can't bring yourself to realize that the same opponents of marital change, social change, gender equity change, racial change -- all those changes of the past -- were as convinced as you that change was bad.

A half century or so passes, and we look back on those types with wonder and embarrassment. Some of us do now, but I understand that it takes the regressives a few decades to get on board.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:33 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post
The world moves forward.

You just can't bring yourself to realize that the same opponents of marital change, social change, gender equity change, racial change -- all those changes of the past -- were as convinced as you that change was bad.

A half century or so passes, and we look back on those types with wonder and embarrassment. Some of us do now, but I understand that it takes the regressives a few decades to get on board.
We differ greatly on what we see as good change.

Change isn't always good.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:35 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
We will soon join them economically also.
Norway, Germany, Switzerland, etc. are all doing better than us economically. So you're fine with living in Saudi Arabia, so long as their economy is good? Saudi royalty are very well off. Minorities, women, immigrants, and other non-royalty, however are not.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:59 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
How could there be any idea of a bigot, larger then the bigotry of homosexuality itself ?
I grow weary of these circular threads that feature the usual subjects spouting off with the usual nonsense. I draw great satisfaction from the fact that your side is losing, indeed has lost this battle. SSM will be the law of the land from sea to shining sea, it's only a matter of time.

Hopefully it will cause some who are as backwards as you and your ilk to have their heads explode. I would enjoy watching that.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:07 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,159,818 times
I am sure someone has already said this but....

How do they still have money after paying out all of those molestation settlements?

Old 11-20-2012, 05:38 PM

753 posts, read 727,962 times
Quote:
We differ greatly on what we see as good change.

Change isn't always good.
That's exactly what the opponents of interracial marriage, civil rights, women's suffrage, and emancipation said.

And now they're in the dustbin of history.

Opponents of the freedom to marry the consenting adult of the same gender will be joining them before long.

And future generations will be mystified at how they could be so wrong.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:14 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictlantecuhtli View Post
That's exactly what the opponents of interracial marriage, civil rights, women's suffrage, and emancipation said.

And now they're in the dustbin of history.

Opponents of the freedom to marry the consenting adult of the same gender will be joining them before long.

And future generations will be mystified at how they could be so wrong.
I'm sure.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:20 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,545,406 times
As I've been saying about religious institutions, unless they stay away from politics/lobbying and can prove that they're providing noteable charitable work, tax them like a regular business. I'm sick and tired of seeing these 'religious bodies' taking away from the tax base and not contributing, with this supposed to be in order to encourage charitable and positive work, only to see them turn around and fund their own exorbarnent things and fund hateful legislation. If they want to have a political voice, make them pay to fix our struggling cities, counties, and the US!

Old 11-20-2012, 09:09 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
The Catholic Church can spend their money however they and their members want, just as gay liberals are allowed to send money to support their causes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies